Morningstar Farms...processed?

Options
2»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is a real question.

wait wait wait....you tellin me soy doesnt look like hamburgers, or breakfast sausage, or chicken nuggets, or pizza cheese, or hot dogs, or ribs NATURALLY???

iQuitOcean.gif
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    yes it is processed and yes it is OK to consume..

why are you on low carb...medical reasons?
    Hi there, and thank you:) I am hypothyroid and have been advised to follow low carb and high protein diet. I wasn't able to lose unnecessary weight for a long time, then the Doctor told me it would be good to stay away from white bread, flour pasta, rice, etc. It was difficult at first, but I don't miss it at all.
  • keeper0499
    Options
    I think most of the "vegie" and no meat products taste horrible but I love the Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers...on the plate with some nice homemade salsa on top---yummy!
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    So glad you asked.. I have been wondering the same thing!! WAY to go with all that weight loss! Can I ask how tall are you?? I have been on this program (myfitnesspal) and have only lost 1 or 2 lbs in a mos. NOT sure what I am doing wrong.. staying under my calories and exercise a lot??
    Thanks:) I guess I should have reworded my question. I know it's processed, but is it considered unhealthy is what I was going for. My doctor is vegan and wanted me to go that route...I did try for a month and didn't like it. Someone on here had some nerve saying they 'can't believe this is a real question'....Shaking my head over that. I am 5'1. I was exercising 2 hours a day every day at the gym and scaled back to quality instead of quanity. Also, I was eating too little calories; the body needs more if you are lifting, for instance. I am hypothyroid, so it has taken quite a journey to lose weight. But......currently I am doing Shaun T's T25 program and am losing more inches than poundage. They say that's a plus.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Your doctor specifically said "no processed foods"?
    He doesn't believe in them; he is vegan and refuses to eat anything packaged:/
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Really? Conversely, I can't believe you took the time to reply:/
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Is McDonald's processed? Seriously... Veggies turned into burgers, patties, "ground beef"... How is this even a ruttin question?
    I didn't ask about McDonalds. I was wondering if MorningStar farms is a healthy food to consume. Are you normally this pleasant when answering someone's question?
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Anything with an ingredient list is processed.....
    Ahaa...

Op,yes,basically everything in a box,can,wrapper is processed,some exceptions but if there is
    Words that you've never heard before on the ingredients then that means it's definitely not unprocessed.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    don't rely on his dietary advice concerning veganism or processed foods being inherently bad. Morningstar is pretty high in the sodium and the are better options out there.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I haven't been on this board very long, but I think I have yet to read a thread where there isn't at least one person who is outraged/bored/offended or downright elitist about the question or topic being discussed. The term "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask" doesn't seem to exist here!

That aside, I'm a vegetarian so I eat loads of Morningstar and the like (also you might want to try Quorn brand things) and like many here said, I just make sure I stay within my sodium levels and if I do go over at all, I make sure to drink loads and loads of extra water, to help flush it and get rid of that bloated feeling. In the absence of meat in my life, they've been a lifesaver, but I don't consider them an "everyday" food! Hope that helps.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    don't rely on his dietary advice concerning veganism or processed foods being inherently bad. Morningstar is pretty high in the sodium and the are better options out there.
    I will keep checking for lower sodium options for sure, then. Morninstar does taste good, though:) It does fit into my program here on MFP; I rarely go over my daily goals in that respect. I have been enjoying it for lunch each day.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Anything with an ingredient list is processed.....

I really like this answer. Very simple way of figuring it out for those that are unsure!
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options

I haven't been on this board very long, but I think I have yet to read a thread where there isn't at least one person who is outraged/bored/offended or downright elitist about the question or topic being discussed. The term "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask" doesn't seem to exist here!

That aside, I'm a vegetarian so I eat loads of Morningstar and the like (also you might want to try Quorn brand things) and like many here said, I just make sure I stay within my sodium levels and if I do go over at all, I make sure to drink loads and loads of extra water, to help flush it and get rid of that bloated feeling. In the absence of meat in my life, they've been a lifesaver, but I don't consider them an "everyday" food! Hope that helps.
    Thank you so much for your reply. The peole who take the time to offer the snarky and unnecessary remarks must be very perfect and are therefore bored with those of us seeking input on certain things:/ I will definitely give Quorn a try; I am always looking for something new so I don't get too bored in my daily struggles to reach my goals. The Morningstar tastes so good and I enjoy it each day for lunch. If I do go over sodium, that's an automatic 2 pound weight gain; all water. I haven't been eating meat like I used to--not intentionally; just ended up drifting from it. I went vegan for a month and was jonesing for steak and eggs:)