What is your favorite "bad" food?

Options

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    PIZZA. Haven't found anything to replace it, I just eat it when we get it. And hey, if I eat some and I'm still under on cals and fat and everything, I don't see the harm in eating something I like. :)
  • vonnegut2767
    Options
    Genoa Salami. I love me some nitrites.

....and beer. Mmmmmm....beer........
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. This was fun! It's fabulous to read and think about our favorite foods and drinks. I agree -- we can and should -- still enjoy everything. The "lifestyle" change is enjoying everything in moderation.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fries. Sometimes I will just sneak a couple to satisfy the craving or if I am at home, I make home made ones and bake them. They are great baked!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Dip is my bad food right now. No replacement - just trying to stay away from it :-(
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Pizza. We still order in once a week, I just make sure to hit the gym so I can work it off first!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My addictions are Chinese and pasta. I got once a month for lunch for Chinese. Then just eat a litter dinner.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I love spreads to put on things - Nutella used to be a favorite of mine, but I quit eating it because of the sugar. I made my own homemade natural version!! I still eat it like a treat (just a little at a time) but don't consider it a "bad" food. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/120876-homemade-nutella-all-natural
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola would amount for the most calories and Pizza for the 2nd. I now keep the small 100 calorie cokes on hand for when I need a fix. Honestly its an addiction. The other is pizza I love cheese and pasta and meat and garlic and the smell and everything about pizza.

Amen brother!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Pasta carbonara. I have it about once a year, because the saturated fat in it is so bad. Love it though! :heart:

I wash it down with red wine to keep the arteries clear. :laugh:
  • naguilar210
    Options
    HOT CHEETOS...MMMM
    Replaced with 94% fat free popcorn with tabasco sauce sprinkled on!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    BBQ ribs!
  • vanessa042
    vanessa042 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pizza definitely. I have to limit myself to one slice at a time...two if I exersize.
  • jenni185
    Options
    I've only been able to find it once....but I believe it's Iron Chef that makes a General Tso's Sauce....

I bought it, baked some chicken breasts, used Steamfresh bag of veggies that had broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts and made some rice and had a healthier Chinese meal. I'm sure the sodium content was off the charts, but making it with skinless chicken breast is way better than the breaded chicken at the buffet...not to mention you don't make so many trips to fill your plate either :wink:
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    bread and beef.

I still eat these things, really, I do. I had peanut butter and jelly for breakfast, so bread is totally in my life. But I mean BREAD. I mean, a buttery roll. I mean, I went to Cracker Barrell with a friend recently (and got a salad, though I desperately wanted fried chicken) and could not help eating a biscuit. I try to watch my carbs, just because with all the granola snacks and fruit I eat, they tend to get high before I've even had bread. But mmm..... bread.

And beef. Oh, beef, I love you so. I'm sorry we fought all those years. I used to not be a huge steak lover. But I really really enjoy them now. This also crosses over into burgers. And I don't mean cheap drive-through garbage, I mean the great big juicy burgers that Brewbachers (in my neck of the woods) sells. OMG.

I always figured chocolate would be number 1 on a list like this. But I think thanks to the glorious Skinny Cow brand and my chocolate vitatops, I've actually got that sweet tooth taken care of.... But if I could eat a big juicy cheeseburger on something like garlic bread (that sounds like something on thisiswhyyourefat.com)..... I totally would.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Pizza! But a good "pizza grilled cheese" gets rid of the craving. I use two slices of light bread, one slice of mozzarella cheese, 4 slices of pepperoni and a few chopped olives. Cook it in just enough cooking spray to make it crispy and dip in pizza sauce. A little heavy on the sodium, but low cal and low fat and so yummy!

I am Soooo trying this.
  • katerinab
    Options
    I've only been able to find it once....but I believe it's Iron Chef that makes a General Tso's Sauce....

I bought it, baked some chicken breasts, used Steamfresh bag of veggies that had broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts and made some rice and had a healthier Chinese meal. I'm sure the sodium content was off the charts, but making it with skinless chicken breast is way better than the breaded chicken at the buffet...not to mention you don't make so many trips to fill your plate either :wink:

Target carries the Iron Chef sauces (might only be in the SuperTargets) and I'm pretty sure I saw General Tso's sauce.
  • mperrett
    Options
    Can't talk about it yet i just started my journey but I am southern and live next store to my grandmother WHO CAN COOK ANYTHING so nuff said this will be hard
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Ha ha. It's hard being southern and dieting. I started in January, when people were still making gumbo. Ooooooh.... Are we sure flour burned in oil cooked with sausage and served over rice is bad? :frown:
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options