Any other woman weigh around 155lb and height 5'7?

Options
Hi!!

I am trying to lose the last 15 pounds but it has proven to be really difficult!!

36 - 5'7
Actual weight: 155lb
Goal: 140lb

I am looking for other women in similar situation to lose weight with!!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's me! I'd LOVE to be 140, but I'd be satisfied with 145. Been at 153-155 steady for the past couple months...

I'm 46 yr old. SW: 186

I work out to eat, so I'm not one who likes the idea of eating chicken at every meal with a side of steamed veggies!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Same problem from 145 to 135. I've had a wonderful year of losing from 198 and it's tough now since June. I'm 5 '6
  • skashi1
    skashi1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'6" and currently weight 155lbs. Down 24 since I started this program in May. Want to get to somewhere between 130-140.
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey girlfrans! I am late twenties and 5'6" I and got fed up when I realized I was very unhealthy and 160 lbs. My doctor said it was an okay weight for my frame/height, but it was more the fact of my habits that were unhealthy. I had just moved out of state and made friends with a bunch of runners (not on purpose, but I'd never known jocks before!), so I simultaneously stopped smoking and started couch to 5k. Stopping smoking was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. It SUCKED! BAD! But I started running and set LoseIt to be at half a pound a week loss, but I didn't lose more than a few pounds the whole year. I just figured I couldn't lose weight.

So this last December, I realized that I was ooching back up again. I didn't feel really heavy or anything, but I hold all of my extra weight in my bottom section. I hated being a pear-shape. I decided to up the intensity, eat more frequent small meals, and *STOP* eating back all of my calories after long runs. I've lost over 25 lbs now and don't really need to do any more. I would just like to strength train some more and be kinda buff. ;) But if anyone wants to talk about running or get through tough times, especially getting close to a goal, let me know!
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7", and I currently weigh about 158. I started at 172. My goal is set at 135, but I might actually stop at 140 depending on how I feel when I get there.
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my sw is 165 and that is still my current weight. My goal is set at 135. I was 120 two years ago, but my last job had free meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner and I went a bit crazy! Now that I don't work there anymore, I would really like to get back in shape and wear my old clothes again. I let some of them go, but also held onto some jeans and tees. Like the girl a bit above me, I also gave up smoking and I also gave up pop. Life was not easy last month for me!! Hoping to be a healthier me soon!

For those who like to run, I have tried running, but right now I just hate it. Is it something you learn to love as you get better? I guess I just get frustrated cause I feel like I can run, but my lungs, and breathing is what always gets me to stop. I keep hearing about couch to 5k, I think I will have to google that and check it out.
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my sw is 165 and that is still my current weight. My goal is set at 135. I was 120 two years ago, but my last job had free meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner and I went a bit crazy! Now that I don't work there anymore, I would really like to get back in shape and wear my old clothes again. I let some of them go, but also held onto some jeans and tees. Like the girl a bit above me, I also gave up smoking and I also gave up pop. Life was not easy last month for me!! Hoping to be a healthier me soon!

For those who like to run, I have tried running, but right now I just hate it. Is it something you learn to love as you get better? I guess I just get frustrated cause I feel like I can run, but my lungs, and breathing is what always gets me to stop. I keep hearing about couch to 5k, I think I will have to google that and check it out.

Congratulations! I know you probably feel like you're just getting started, but I think just making the decision to change is still a big step.

As far as running, I was about 161 and had JUST quit smoking when I started running. It was a SIGHT! I was like a sweaty tomato, gasping for breath after just a block. But I stuck with it and followed the couch to 5k plan, repeating some weeks if I felt like I wasn't ready to move on. After a few weeks, I still didn't really *like* it, but I was almost able to run a mile, so I signed up for a 5k that was another 6 weeks out. The first time I ran a mile, I freaked out. Seriously. That's a big deal! It seemed impossible at first, but if you keep running and push yourself just a little, and rest some days, and don't worry too much about it--you'll have a good time. I kept upping my distances and doing longer races and found that I ended up loving running. Once you get to the point where you can run with a group or a friend, and have a conversation (this also seemed impossible, but now I do it all the time) you may really start to love running. Plus, it's nice time to yourself to just listen to nature or music, you can change up your routes, etc. My only advice is to go to a running store and actually get fit for shoes so that you can avoid some common beginner things like shin splints.

The other possibility is that you try running for a while and you end up not liking it. There are a lot of sports and activities that are fun that still get a good burn going, like biking and swimming.
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    5'7 1/2" here, 29 yrs old (about to turn the big three oh, lol)
    I'm at 146-147 right now with a goal of 140 (possibly 135). Was stuck in the 150's for quite awhile.
  • guessrs
    Options
    Amber above me, did you just keep doing what you doing and with time broke through 150? Or did you change anything? I love your pics.
    I was at 145 for few months.
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Around 155-160, 5 9 :). Goal is 140 or whenever I feel like I have achieved a level of fitness that I desire.
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amber above me, did you just keep doing what you doing and with time broke through 150? Or did you change anything? I love your pics.
    I was at 145 for few months.

Thank you very much! Yep! I just kept at it and I finally broke through! I would have one (or sometimes two) cheat days a week where I would indulge with pizza or whatnot and go over my calories and not workout. I don't know if that helped more mentally or physically but it keeps me sane I think. Haha.
    My favorite calorie burn is brisk walks! I'm just now starting to jog but only have built enough endurance to go for ten minutes before stopping to walk a bit :/ really wanting to get into weight lifting but don't have the resources right now.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft7 and have been at 149/151 for like two months now.. no movement.. driving me nuts.. but i have been heavy lifting so i can see a tonne of new muscle.. but which i could trim down a bit more.. working on it, and hoping the scale budges at some point. ;)
    ps.. started at 185ish, been working at it since jan.. at the gym for hour and half 6 days a week doing cardio and lifting heavy. ;)
  • guessrs
    Options
    Thanks, Amber!
    That is such an encouraging response.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 151. Goal is 140 because my doctor says so. I've been focused on losing weight for the entire year, so I started using JUDDD to change things up and have lost these last 4 lbs since Aug 14. I have 11-16 lbs more to go depending on how I feel as I near my goal. I'd like to have some cushion pounds so I don't panic with monthly fluctuation.
  • KittyKitty1991
    KittyKitty1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 145 :) Started at 167-168 a couple of months ago, my goal is around 125-130
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Im 48, 152 pounds and 5ft7. I'm constantly losing and gaining the same 7 pounds. It's difficult to find motivation when you've not much to lose. Am planning to do weight training and C25k. Anyone want to message me regularly so we can support each other?
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter at 5'5 but weigh 154. The 150s have been really slow moving for me. My goal is about 140.
  • Momomo1984
    Momomo1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7".. 159 :(... With a goal of 125. I hope to get there before I hit 30 in 6 months!
  • babylon96
    Options
    Hi...5'6" and have hovered in the 150 - 152 lb range. Goal is 145 minimum with 140 lb ideal goal and finally making progress. Have found the winning combination is bicycling at 11 mph several times a week and journaling food. Hopefully current pace of loss can be maintained with this combo...

good luck to you, too!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6", 30 yrs old...and weigh 158.4 this morning :) Ive lost 35.2 lbs since April 25th...I want to get to 140-145 lbs....this summer has been harder to get workouts in ..ya know with 4 kiddos home and a hubby that works 13-14 hr days...But school starts Sept 3rd! Woop Woop..lol :) Then I plan on starting walking/jogging again..CANNOT wait! Plus get back on track with weight lifting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!