Starting 30DS September 1st!!

Options
Hi All,
I know September is still over a week away, but I'm starting to plan ahead and GET PUMPED UP for committing to 30 Day Shred, starting on 9/01/13. I have the DVDS but have never stuck through the full 30 days. My plan is to do 10-10-10; ten days for each level. I have been logging for a solid month now, and I want to step it up, complete this program, and make September a really good, healthy month!! If anyone would like to join me in September, I would love to have some company!

Replies

• dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I finished 30DS a few weeks ago and loved it! Don't be afraid to give yourself a little more time on levels if you need it. I ha started it 10 or so times and never finished, this last time around I gave myself four extra days a level with an added rest day(two weeks a level, following a three on and one off pattern) and I had amazing results! Also, take good measurements and pictures before you start, I didn't take pictures and really regret it because although I only lost around 6lbs, I lost over 12 inches and almost two pant sizes. Good luck again!
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like you had awesome results-hearing that gets me excited to start!! Thanks!
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about a month now. I did it in sections though: Mon, Wed and Fri was 30DS and Tues/Thurs was my ski machine - just to switch it up (my body tends to react better that way).
    I've lost about 4lbs this month and I can notice a difference in my clothes and my body is more sculpted... I, too, didn't take before pics and wish I had - although I hate most pics of me anyways lol

I did 2 weeks at level 1 and just finishing my 2wks at level 2 - will start level 3 on Monday. I have to say I love it - almost died the first week of course! lol.. but it's definitely working for me as far as gaining strength and muscle...

good luck. :)
  • lahickman1
    lahickman1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS today, in all honesty I didn't find it as bad as I was expecting! I've got 31 days until I go on holiday so here's hoping I can stick to it - I've seen a lot of great results on the forums here. Good luck!
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im in...i love jillian
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Me too...I've only attempted it once, was on a great streak and really seeing changes, went on vacation, and never continued.

I will probably stretch it out a bit, alternate between my Mon/Wed spin class...will follow Jillian 4-5 times a week on the other days.

Will be fun having support through it, and this time make it to the end.

Definitely taking before pics!
  • morganstrf
    morganstrf Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Corrie- I'm game to start September 1!!! I'll add u!
    -Michelle
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Count me in for Sept 1 too!! Can't wait :)
  • CorrieJane
    Options
    Awesome, so glad you guys are all in! I'm sending friend requests now, and I figure as we go through we can keep in contact/motivate each other here.

I'm getting excited!!
  • Lovesthings
    Lovesthings Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 1st .... if we can do it like dconnolly said. 3 days on, 1 day off, with 14 days allotted for each level.
    I tried this before & made it to day 12. tried killin myself. Not good.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day shred! Loveddddd it. Keep up with it and you will be so proud at the end. I didn't intend to incorporate rest days, but they were definitely needed. It almost took me 2 months, but I'm proud of my results. Here's my success post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1082378-jm-30-day-shred-results-first-success-post

You've got this :D

Edit: Definitely, definitely, definitely take photos along the way -- you will be blown away by the results.
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just bought this today and would love to join the group!!
  • CorrieJane
    Options
    ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! Time to start getting pumped! From reading suggestions and other peoples success stories, I think including rest days is a great idea-good for the body and mind to have recovery days. For me personally, I'm thinking I will do 5 days on, one day off until I have completed 30 days of the dvds, probably going to do 10 days per level. Everyone, do what works the best for yourself, the thing I would like to focus on is completing the program. I really think this nice group we have going here will be great, just knowing you guys are all on board will help me hold myself accountable and make me put that dvd on!

Also, just a reminder to think about taking "before" (and "after"!)pictures and measurements-everywhere I read about 30DS recommends taking them!! It will be pretty cool to be able to post our pics or measurements in the success stories forum after we are done!! You certainly do not have to post any of your stats here if you don't feel comfortable, I will put mine up because I like to see where I'm starting!!

Have a good week everyone, lets get ready to shred!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Will start in Sept as well. Have done the videos lots but never for 30 days - get bored doing the same workout over and over - so I will do video Mon, Wed, Fri, and treadmill on Tues and Thurs with weekends off. Put on 10 pounds this summer - so have even more weight to lose - currently 162 - goal for Nov 9 is 150.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Will start in Sept as well. Have done the videos lots but never for 30 days - get bored doing the same workout over and over - so I will do video Mon, Wed, Fri, and treadmill on Tues and Thurs with weekends off. Put on 10 pounds this summer - so have even more weight to lose - currently 162 - goal for Nov 9 is 150.

That's what I do - M, W & F for 30DS - then Tues & Thurs is my ski machine - weekends off... switches things up for me (I get bored too lol)... starting level 3 this week - but would love to 'join' your group and see how well we all do. :)
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am going to start on the 1st as well. I am going to alternate it as well. T, T, S with the 30DS and M, W, S on my treadmill or elliptical. I can't wait to start this. I've started it a few times in the past and I really want to see it through this time. It will take me a lot longer with the alternating days but I think it will still be worth it.
  • CorrieJane
    Options
    I am going to start on the 1st as well. I am going to alternate it as well. T, T, S with the 30DS and M, W, S on my treadmill or elliptical. I can't wait to start this. I've started it a few times in the past and I really want to see it through this time. It will take me a lot longer with the alternating days but I think it will still be worth it.

I have started it over multiple times too-that is one of the main reasons I started this thread, if other people are expecting me to do it and doing it along with me, I think it will help me finish-I REALLY want to see it through to the end
  • kikicast
    Options
    I've had this video for almost two years and I never make it to level 2 before I quit. I do cardio for 50 minutes four-five times a week already but I'll cut back on my strength training and do the video instead for September with you!

So count me in! Gonna need the motivation to actually follow through tho :P
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group if there is still room. I have the DVD, did one day.
  • tallulah81
    tallulah81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to follow along... I keep dropping off the 30 DS thing.. but having someone else do it with me might keep me on track! YAY... let's get fit!!!