Why is everyone so afraid of sugar?

Options

Replies

• floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I believe it is definately a misconception. It's not the sugar that made/makes us fat, it's the amount of which we take it in. If I ask someone for some kind of advice they say well if you cut this and that then you will lose. Umm nope, well maybe for a bit, but in my case before I started figuring this stuff out a little better I tried it all, and didn't get anywhere long term. I no longer cut anything from my diet, if it fits in my calories and my macros and I want it. I'll have it, and may have it the next day too. Maybe that's just me, but it's working and I'm still losing and a healthy rate.

Try that with finetti every day and you will never loose weight again. The human body does not burn fat between 48-72 hours after eating something in high sugars.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I believe it is definately a misconception. It's not the sugar that made/makes us fat, it's the amount of which we take it in. If I ask someone for some kind of advice they say well if you cut this and that then you will lose. Umm nope, well maybe for a bit, but in my case before I started figuring this stuff out a little better I tried it all, and didn't get anywhere long term. I no longer cut anything from my diet, if it fits in my calories and my macros and I want it. I'll have it, and may have it the next day too. Maybe that's just me, but it's working and I'm still losing and a healthy rate.

Try that with finetti every day and you will never loose weight again. The human body does not burn fat between 48-72 hours after eating something in high sugars.

Links? Sources? Proof?
  • Achrya
    Options

Links? Sources? Proof?

Who needs proof when you have wild claims based on bull****?

Honestly, I always hope they have some kind of blog/article/livestrong.com write up to back them up so I can read it and laugh. Does that make me a bad person?
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Links? Sources? Proof?

Honestly, I always hope they have some kind of blog/article/livestrong.com write up to back them up so I can read it and laugh. Does that make me a bad person?

Some people like comedy movies, people like you factless articles.
    Not bad.
  • Achrya
    Options

Links? Sources? Proof?

Not bad.

I like the way you put this. I always think of it as laughing at other people's gullibility and guilt follows. But you make it sound more like it's just my way of amusing myself, which isn't something to feel guilty about.

And, that said, still waiting for sources on how having high sugar days will stop me from losing weight for 3 days. Cause I may havea graph based on my diary data that shows my stupidly high sugar levels seem to have a slight positive correlation with my weight loss. Don't leave me hanging Flo.
  • scottaworley
    Options

Links? Sources? Proof?

Not bad.

I like the way you put this. I always think of it as laughing at other people's gullibility and guilt follows. But you make it sound more like it's just my way of amusing myself, which isn't something to feel guilty about.

And, that said, still waiting for sources on how having high sugar days will stop me from losing weight for 3 days. Cause I may havea graph based on my diary data that shows my stupidly high sugar levels seem to have a slight positive correlation with my weight loss. Don't leave me hanging Flo.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/balance-your-blood-sugar-lose-weight
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Links? Sources? Proof?

Not bad.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/balance-your-blood-sugar-lose-weight

laughingdoctor_zps7c1fe92e.gif
  • Achrya
    Options
    Haha. I like you.

Cinnamon extract water. Oh Dr. Oz.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

You are incorrect.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    There's this particular candy I used to enjoy; Smarties, they only consist of sugar and I couldn't eat just 1 pack, I had many.

OMG Smarties! I used to eat the ice cream that had Smarties in them like there was no tomorrow!

I'm not afraid of sugar. I still enjoy candy and treats once in a while in moderation. It's just that I hate how fructose/glucose etc. can hinder fat loss. From my research I remember reading from many sources that fructose turns to fat quicker than any other sugar. Just not worth it IMO.

I love fruits and try not to over do it, but I tend to eat it earlier in the day oppose to later.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I no longer track mine. If 3 pieces of fruit a day is going to put me over I'm not willing to listen!

You go, girl ! I totally agree.

And the whole fruit (like mother nature intended) has lots of fiber & nutrients (unlike just the juice).
  • Sunshine_Kubes
    Options
    Sugar deactivates antioxidants, which causes you to age faster.. which also causes your immune system to be weaker, which also creates a breeding ground for cancer..

There are TONS of other reasons.. GOOGLE IT
  • CubanSammich
    Options

You are incorrect.

Incredibly incorrect.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sugar deactivates antioxidants, which causes you to age faster.. which also causes your immune system to be weaker, which also creates a breeding ground for cancer..

Oxygen causes oxidation, so there's a good reason to stop breathing?
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    sugar is calorie-dense and has low satiety.It raise blood sugar quickly and then drops it (the same is true of refined carbs), leading to more hunger. A very well-conducted randomized trial showed that even when eating the same number of calories, people who ate a low-glycemic diet lost more weight than those on a high-glycemic diet. Meanwhile, sugar's not exactly loaded with nutrients our bodies need, and if I'm reducing my cals, I want to maximize their nutritional quality.

Not afraid of sugar and I have me some treats sometimes on this weight-loss quest, but no, there are reasons not to think highly of sugar as a weight-loss friend. I have no problem with sugars in whole fruits (as opposed to fruit juice) because with the fiber and within the matrix of the whole fruit, with its other nutrients, our bodies access the sugars and use them more slowly.

Here's a Scientific American report on the study:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=when-dieting-not-all-calo
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Some people need to step away from google...............
  • scottaworley
    Options

googled it. saw studies that suggested the opposite of what you are saying. saw blogs that supported what you are saying. not believing what you are saying.
  • Achrya
    Options

Oh. Can we have a link or source for this claim? Please?
  • scottaworley
    Options

You are incorrect.

Incredibly incorrect.

I'm thinking that the thinking behind this is insulin bloat?
    If that's the thinking here, then look into insulin as an anabolic hormone.
  • Sunshine_Kubes
    Options

googled it. saw studies that suggested the opposite of what you are saying. saw blogs that supported what you are saying. not believing what you are saying.

Maybe you should do more research.. perhaps everyone should do more research before posting their opinions on public forum.. When you're incorrect, it doesn't make you seem too smart.. just saying..