Tough Mudder- Favorite and Least Favorite Obstacle

Options
13»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled for next Saturday (8/24) in St Clairsville OH (but it's the Pittsburgh TM). I'm starting to get nervous! I've been working out since January (prob not hard enough) and I'm dreading the walls and arctic enema. I can run/walk 5 miles easily in about an hour - with hills so the cardio isn't a worry since I've heard there is a lot of rest time at obstacles. Please someone give me some reassurance!!!

Oh and I somehow cut the arch of my left foot within the last 2 days. Going easy on the cardio and staying off of it as much as I can for the next 10 days!!

I'm running there on sunday.
    I finally get to see what all the fuss is about over these.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Trench Warfare. The version we had in SoCal had you crawl thru the trenches to reach an open area in the middle that was full of electric eels. You're lined up six deep and 5 across so you're just stuck there getting shocked by the same eel over and over again until the guy in front of you starts moves his *kitten*. It's my favorite because at a certain point the screams of agony from the people around me had me bursting in laughter tears. I'm a sadist.

Least Fav: Funky Monkey. I got like 2 rungs in and just bailed and went for a swim. No way I was making that one.
    Lol Dude, thats awesome!!!
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    I have done two, one in Jersey and the other.......MT. Snow.....Everything in Mt. Snow was my least favorite! Your scaling a mountain then doing obstacles on top of that. Artic Enema did not bother me in Jersey, but once I jumped in at Snow, my calf cramped up something severe. I remember looking down and seeing it looks as if an alien took over....but, ill do it again.

Favorite obstacle-Electroshock Therapy I like gathering my witts to get through, then getting pumped when I get through it!!!
    Least Favorite- Walk the plank (bad experience)
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Favorite Obstacle: Mount Everest. Nailed it on the first try, which felt awesome.

Least Favorite Obstacle: Norovirus. (It's a sneaky one, not on the list!!)
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    Favorite Obstacle: Mount Everest. Nailed it on the first try, which felt awesome.

Least Favorite Obstacle: Norovirus. (It's a sneaky one, not on the list!!)
    Which one is it? I looked at could not find on website.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled for next Saturday (8/24) in St Clairsville OH (but it's the Pittsburgh TM). I'm starting to get nervous! I've been working out since January (prob not hard enough) and I'm dreading the walls and arctic enema. I can run/walk 5 miles easily in about an hour - with hills so the cardio isn't a worry since I've heard there is a lot of rest time at obstacles. Please someone give me some reassurance!!!

Oh and I somehow cut the arch of my left foot within the last 2 days. Going easy on the cardio and staying off of it as much as I can for the next 10 days!!

Well I also managed to sprain my right foot the Thursday before my event....but guess what..I did it and finished!!! Let's see things I didn't like Berlin walls, Mt Everest, and Blades of glory. Only because they have caused the most bruising from climbing over them. Everything else was ok. Got shocked 7x on the electric eel (made damn sure I was lower then the wires the rest of the time) and electric shock therapy got nailed 2x but stayed on my feet.

Ultimate worse was the 6" of mud up and down hills through the woods. Caused for some VERY tricky footings and lots of broken ankles on others. Best advise on those is GO SLOW!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My worst one was the log carry. Maybe we should have grabbed a lighter one.

Favorite, probably Everest because I heard how hard it was supposed to be and I blasted right up quite easily.

THe ice bath certainly wasn;t pleasant, but it was over quick, and on a hot day warmed right back up.

the electric ones weren't that bad either. The last electroshock therapy almost put me down but I somehow kept my balance.
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Artic Enema and Electro Shock least favorite. Mud Mile one of my favorites along with anything that was underground...it was overcast, rainy, windy and 68 degrees! BRRR