Sweet Potato Brownies

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OP- did you ever wind up making these? Not sure why people jumped on you for wanting to use substitutes. I made black bean brownies a few months ago & they were pretty good. I want to try the sweet potatoe ones next. My 4 yr old loves chocolate & hey, any way I can get a veggie in her ill try!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    OP- did you ever wind up making these? Not sure why people jumped on you for wanting to use substitutes. I made black bean brownies a few months ago & they were pretty good. I want to try the sweet potatoe ones next. My 4 yr old loves chocolate & hey, any way I can get a veggie in her ill try!

Yes! They had a very fudgy texture, and they were actually quite delicious topped with some peanut butter. :heart:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you! How much sweet potato did you use? Every Sunday my little lady & I bake something so this is on our menu today :)
  • CycleFlow
    Options
    So funny I saw this post - I just made sweet potato pancakes from a recipie in a magazine I got at my fitness confrence.

They were sadly not all that amazing - taste was ok but they were too soft and not enough texture for me. As its been said before - sacrificing texture is sometimes the result and you get little in return on the calorie side. I also felt like they should have been a side on my dinner plate rather than breakfast. (Reminded me of thanks giving)

That being said I think Ill have to stick to my Banana Buckwheat panackes. BUT I did really like the "puree" at the start of the recipie. Sweet potato with vanilla protien powder pureed together, before the eggs went in, it was damn tasty. It would probably make a good snack - protien + carbs LOL. Better than regular mashed sweet potatos! HAHAHAHA
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you! How much sweet potato did you use? Every Sunday my little lady & I bake something so this is on our menu today :)

Sorry for the late response! It was just a box of dark chocolate brownie mix with two pureed sweet potatoes mixed in and baked for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I tried it, too. The adults liked them...not too sweet, very fudgy in texture...the kids ate them, and asked for seconds, but they weren't a hit -not sweet enough. I'm planning on trying it again, this time use a scratch blondie recipe and let the sweet potato flavor come through.