Do You Think There's Age Limit On Certain Clothes ?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Thats a complicated question. its like asking if there should be a limit on the amout of make-up you wear or weight limit on things, no body enjoys seeing obese people with there boobies hanging out and short shorts. but people will always shock you and you cant stop someone from expressing themselves.

I don't like seeing thin people with their boobies hanging out, either.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    YES...there is an age limit!

GrannyDaisyDukes.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

At my daughter's 5th grade "graduation", there were several girls there wearing peep toe 3-4" heels. It was very sad.

Yes. The hyperssexualisation of children that has become so prevalent in our society is very very sad. It annoys me to no end. Pisses me off really. Let the kids enjoy their childhood. They will have plenty of time for the rest of the stupid games when they get older.
    Maybe I should have thrown a wink in there. I figured you weren't. I just couldnt' pass up the opportunity.

:wink:

I knew you weren't serious, but I had to clear it up just in case anyone else might think I was. :flowerforyou:

Are you saying I can't be serious? :angry:

ETA :flowerforyou: :heart: So you don't think I was serious with the second half of my post.

I fight with my daughter about this all the time. She says so-and-so's mom lets her wear __________ or pierce ________, and I say I don't care if so-and-so's mom doesn't give a crap what she's wearing in public, but I DO! Just because those shoes come in her size doesn't mean they're meant for someone her age. And of course, I knew you were serious when you asked me to marry you! :wink: :heart:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is if you think you can pull it off - you can. What is inside is way more important to confidence than the superficial outside stuff. No I don't wear a lot of styles designed for younger women. But I almost always shop in the Jrs. department because the clothes are much cuter - And I'm 48!

I spent most of my 30s wearing frumpy clothes, I'm not going to do that now becuase I'm a "mature" demographic. So fake it til you make it. If you put it on and you're not 100% comfortable, you're not going to pull it off. If you're "not acting your age" and can rock the skinny jeans and leather bustier, go for it. It's entirely up to how the person wearing it feels when its on their body.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

At my daughter's 5th grade "graduation", there were several girls there wearing peep toe 3-4" heels. It was very sad.

Yes. The hyperssexualisation of children that has become so prevalent in our society is very very sad. It annoys me to no end. Pisses me off really. Let the kids enjoy their childhood. They will have plenty of time for the rest of the stupid games when they get older.
    Maybe I should have thrown a wink in there. I figured you weren't. I just couldnt' pass up the opportunity.

:wink:

I knew you weren't serious, but I had to clear it up just in case anyone else might think I was. :flowerforyou:

Are you saying I can't be serious? :angry:

ETA :flowerforyou: :heart: So you don't think I was serious with the second half of my post.

I fight with my daughter about this all the time. She says so-and-so's mom lets her wear __________ or pierce ________, and I say I don't care if so-and-so's mom doesn't give a crap what she's wearing in public, but I DO! Just because those shoes come in her size doesn't mean they're meant for someone her age. And of course, I knew you were serious when you asked me to marry you! :wink: :heart:
    .Well! Thank goodness you got that one right!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 'i don't care' basket. If it makes you happy and you're not breaking any laws, more power too ya.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    nope, thats why it's called personal style! rock what you feel comfortable in. for example, i loooooove that betsey johnson doesn't "dress her age". i think she's so awesome for just doing her, and doing it well!
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Classy is timeless. Trashy is trashy no matter your age. Ive seen a fair amount of older ladies in tank tops on hot days and to me, thats proper attire for a hot day. I wouldnt reccomend they go out in a mini skirt, or daisy dukes... then again tina turner is like 70+ and she can still pull it off. Shes got some great legs.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think size and fit are greater determinants of what people should wear than age.

I would rather see a slim 40-something in low rise jeans than a fat girl in her 20s with muffin tops squelching over the rim.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't shop @ F21, but not because I can't rock their clothes. I just don't do cheap.

if only we were all so lucky. :noway:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Age limit on onesies?
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is if you think you can pull it off - you can. What is inside is way more important to confidence than the superficial outside stuff. Fake it til you make it. If you put it on and you're not 100% comfortable, you're not going to pull it off.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I'm not an overly self-confident person but I am sick of trying to be what I'm not and do what other people think I should. And now that I'm a lot lighter I've decided to dress in what I feel comfortable in. Coz if you feel great, then you're gonna look great!! Most times I'm successful at it, other times the ole self confidence needs a bit of a boost.

My wardrobe of choice: black leggings and long tunic tops; jeans and tee-shirts; jeans, a black cowl neck top and a gorgeous wee jacket/blazer. The old me would have thought this was borderline for my age (56), but the new me feels like a millon dollars decked out in my "slimmer" clothes.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    YES...there is an age limit!

GrannyDaisyDukes.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was going to say there should be no rules on dress but Ive changed my mind LMAO!!!!
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    My only issue is with young girls dressing like hookers. I cannot tell you how many times (just today) I've walked by girls who are at the very MOST 13 years old, where those stupid shorts that come up over your butt and the bottom of your butt cheeks hang out....Where are these girls parents?! I would never let me daughter leave the house like that!

Second issue, mothers visibly showing off their thongs in the middle of a grocery store surrounded by their children. Like...come on. You're a mother, not a stripper. Put it away at the grocery store and in front of your children!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My only issue is with young girls dressing like hookers. I cannot tell you how many times (just today) I've walked by girls who are at the very MOST 13 years old, where those stupid shorts that come up over your butt and the bottom of your butt cheeks hang out....Where are these girls parents?! I would never let me daughter leave the house like that!

Second issue, mothers visibly showing off their thongs in the middle of a grocery store surrounded by their children. Like...come on. You're a mother, not a stripper. Put it away at the grocery store and in front of your children!

I totally agree, but I think those are issues of class not age.

You can be cheap regardless of age.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I still dress like I'm 16. Tracksuit bottoms and hoodies and I'm 33 now. I just find these clothes comfy.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I would understand kids and thongs / stripper heels
    But how about adults in forever21 / aero, low rise jeans and prom dresses ?

I think that you should wear whatever you want, as long as you're not so inappropriate that you're breaking the law. But, it really just depends on the person. There are some people who I know are not happy w their age, so they dress like teenagers. I think that's stupid bc they're just trying so hard. I can see if you just liked the clothes and want to wear them, but you shouldn't wear them bc you're scared of aging. You're still the same age no matter what you wear.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Well, nobody over age 5 should wear babydoll styles, that much is for certain.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    People who wear age-inappropriate and unflattering outfits add way too much color and entertainment to my life for me to stop them.