Do you take Vitamin Supplements?

Options
2»

Replies

• amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it: I take all my vitamins in gummy form, because I'm a child and can't remember to take them otherwise. This way I get some lovely chewy candy every morning.

I take vitamin D and omega 3 on the recommendation of my dermatologist, plus a women's multi for general health, vitamin C to boost the immune system, and probiotic and fiber supplements to help with my digestion (things definitely - ahem - move better when I take them).

Me too ! Love the gummies - when I bought non gummy supplements, I would never remember to take them.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Even though I get most of what I need through my diet, I take a women's multi-vitamin and B12 (I only take the B12 because I have a diagnosed B12 deficiency, otherwise I'd only take the multi-vitamin).
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for those answers, I know there have been some articles about not taking artificial supplements but thought it was time to boost what I was getting from, what was, a poor diet before starting here.

As I am now the wrong side of 45 and get the occasional creak from the joints I will look out for the supplements to help in that area.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Just Vitamin D. But I get the most nutritious Naked Juices and drink them every day, along with my calcium enriched Orange Juice.

I'm 48 years old.
  • CORDLN
    CORDLN Posts: 2
    Options
    I take a few

Vitamin C, a multi vitamin, -12, Biotin (hair and nails), and vit D
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm taking supplements, I'm taking Centrum pregnancy care (TTC) and Omega 3 oil. If we weren't TTC I'm not sure if I would still be taking supplements. My OH thinks its a waste of time :/
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin, fish oil, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, sublingual B complex and glucosamine/chondroitin

Yes, they all help immensely and I notice a very obvious difference when taking them. Especially the B complex and the magnesium.

While I agree that brand doesn't matter, quality does. Vitamins and supplements aren't regulated so they vary widely in ingredients. Research the brands and find one that is reputable. There have been many studies done on different vitamins over the years and it's amazing what is and isn't in some of them.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium daily to ward off the symptoms of menopause. Once a week I take an iron supplement (because I forget that one most days). I used to take Omega 3, but I have salmon abut 3 times a week, so I think I have that covered.

And that's it.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm taking supplements, I'm taking Centrum pregnancy care (TTC) and Omega 3 oil. If we weren't TTC I'm not sure if I would still be taking supplements. My OH thinks its a waste of time :/

Im TTC too.....

I take:

Folic acid
    Zinc
    Iron

Same goes for me too, If I wasn't TTC, I probably wouldn't take any!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Omega3 - Healthy heart (not recommended for men as it increases the chances of prostate cancer by over 40%)

My doctor and dietician are trying to kill me.
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Animal Pak :tongue:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin (Solal 3 a day) and Zink + magnesium . Will incorporate vitamin C soon
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple gummy multivitamins every day. Much easier than choking down a horse pill.
  • tallmansix
    Options
    Yes, take many vitamin supps, probably waste my money on them but may also benefit, who knows.

Multibionta A-Z vits and minerals with Probitic (2-3 one a days per day)
    Extra strength B vits and C vits
    Extra vit D in the darker months
    Omega 3 high strength 1300mg
    Glucosamine, Chondrotin, MSM

Also supp with Whey, Creatine, Taurine.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just take a multivitamin (One Source Women's). I have found that when I don't take a multivitamin, I'm pretty lethargic.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    prenatal multivitamin and a prenatal DHA liquid gel.