For those that count calories and eat whatever they want

Options

Replies

• barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I gotta do this to you.

Mama J's Kitchen here in Richmond, VA. The best restaurant in town, A small soul food restaurant. Soul as in they put their soul and a whole lotta love into everything. Here was dinner Wednesday night: fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, string beans and cornbread. I put it (not counting the double chocolate cake which was another 800) at about 1600 calories. My first treat meal in a long time. But oh, it was soooo worth it.

tumblr_ms3ij3xB3u1r2sbmqo1_500.jpg

I'm going to be fantasizing about this meal now.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Mama J's Kitchen here in Richmond, VA. The best restaurant in town, A small soul food restaurant. Soul as in they put their soul and a whole lotta love into everything. Here was dinner Wednesday night: fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, string beans and cornbread. I put it (not counting the double chocolate cake which was another 800) at about 1600 calories. My first treat meal in a long time. But oh, it was soooo worth it.

This guy? Doing it right.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like to eat around 900cals of spaghetti. Om nom nom
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Cheese. ALL the cheese.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Mexican food, like steak ranchero with a cheese enchilada and a warm flour tortilla, mmm....
    This week it was a Whataburger patty melt and a carton of ice cream (chocolate swirl malt crunch), or something like that:)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

This guy? Doing it right.

I concur. Add a side of ribs and collards and I would die of happiness.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My best meal to blow calories on is home cooked. coffee ribs, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers&beers.
    rack of ribs- 1040 cals
    jalapeno poppers-70 each
    beer-160ish per bottle
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd go to our local Mexican place and get a California burrito, which is around 900 calories, and then I'd have a piece of cheesecake which is generally around 500-600.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    all the stuff they mention to avoid on various threads in this forum :laugh:
    Yep! Sugar, chocolate, fast food, donuts, cheese, chips, Poptarts, Twinkies and M&Ms. It's so good to be bad. :devil:
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Dammit... Reading this thread makes me want to go for a run. I had a high calorie breakfast!
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If I ever want a blow out, I go for a Chinese takeout.

A full container of chicken chow mein is around 500 calories. Throw some fries in with it at around 300 - 400 calories, you have a HUGE plate of "unhealthy" food for under 1000 calories.

WIN!
  • CycleFlow
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!!
    WINE....
    Baked goods - Cupcake, Pie, Muffins

But the best one....
    Inappropriate amounts of Peanut Butter and Saltine crackers! LMAO soo good.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Beer and movie theater popcorn - extra butter.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    WINE!!

me too :drinker:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    cake/scones/pastries any yummy desserts that go well with a cup of coffee or tea
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WINE!!

me too :drinker:

Oooh, wine, ~25 cal per ounce of red, yeah, I'll make room for that. ;)
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Beer and wings. I generally eat whatever I want within the calories. But I have to cheat because I can't stand restricting myself all the time. So date night with hubby blew 1200 cals on 24oz of beer and wings. Hey, I've still l
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I absolutely love it, and could survive eating it daily. I always find a way to fit it in my daily calories but if I could have more I would. Also ice cream or cookies (especially cookie dough).
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't really save calories per say I just make everything fit within my cal day if I want it bad enough. Every time I go to the movies I have nachos n my meals for the whole day is planned around those nachos lol
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would get fries from McDonalds, and eat them with ketchup and the nuggets sweet n sour sauce..