Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• Miepke99
    Miepke99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well I would post pictures in this thread but I don't really know how to. But congrats to everyone who posted before and after pics, you look great!

If your picture is online somewhere (you can upload it), just copy the image link and put it between img] but without the spaces of course. Then it will show on the forums.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

I am not offended. I think the simplest answer is that everyone has different struggles. That's really all. Another person's struggles don't have to make sense to us to be valid to them. I am actively trying to lose weight and still don't understand an eating disorder like the one you describe....but my lack of understanding isn't necessarily a problem if it isn't accompanied by a lack of compassion.

It's good to see that you acknowledge this part of your thinking and behavior that affects your life. I hope you're making progress and that you stick with it.

Take care.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you! I am pretty new to this - about 2.5 months - and it's so encouraging. You all look wonderful!!
  • Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    This is more like a before-during. Had my lows but the only thing I do is eat clean now, cook for myself, have a lots of vegetable soups (mmm I love cooking and eating hahah) .Stopped counting calories/logging food. 4 more lbs to go then I'll only focus on toning. Myfitnesspal community gave me TONS of good ideas, I've learnt everything I know from here. I've only lost 23 lbs but well...it wasn't very easy, but noone told me that it'll be easy anyway. Almost at my GW :bigsmile:
    Good luck everyone and never be sad if you gain during your journey, your weight does not define You. :heart:
    b6m4.jpg
  • Charliejl82
    Options
    Here's mine pretty chuffed! Dates are 9th July, 9th aug and this morning.

20to7ly.jpg
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Gentleman on page 4....wow.

nice post!
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look a bit like Katy Perry! You also Look YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG after losing the weight! Congrats!!!
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    About 40 pound difference. After pic was last Saturday.

60967a67-e59e-48d1-8e40-3be318d53c47.jpg

Had to kind of stop when I got to this..wowwww! Great job!

*gulps*

What they said ^^^^^^
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

sometimes people just let life get in the way. they realise that theyre gaining weight but they dont know what to do about it, or who to talk to. so they go into self denial and buy bigger clothes so they can continue to ignore the truth....plus its an excuse to go shopping. thats what happened to me :( hope that helps :)

I noticed a lot of people were offended by the original post. I'm not entirely sure why. She seem to state the obvious- she has an eating disorder based from her childhood experiences from watching her parents over indulge and blame babies. I think she wanted to kinda see what the other side was feeling. She doesnt eat out of fear, why do we over eat to the point of obesity?
    If I could talk to her- I'd ask her questions, like... Does it hurt through out most of your days starving, or has your body gotten used to it to the point your hardly hungry? Does your family and friends notice and make comments? Do you suffer from any sort of depression because of the lack of food intake, Ever thought of Therapy?

For me- It was an abusive relationship, birth control and lack of self worth. Took me 2 years worth of therapy, meeting a very nice man and having an excellent support system to finally motivate me to see more in myself. I'm a week away from hitting 5 months into this journey- I've lost 45 lbs, went from a size 18 to a size 8-10. I haven't posted a before after picture, because I'm simply waiting to hit the 50lb lost. Oh! And I've also ran in my first ever 5k in July at 31.3 minutes. Note: I've never ran a day in my life until May.

Instead of being offended, I feel concern. Eating disorders can lead to major health problems and sometimes even death.

Just my thoughts
  • molo2003
    Options
    Can't wait to post my before and after!
  • Gagigi2
    Gagigi2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Deejay, absolutely great response!
  • missminixx
    Options
    I have spent the last 20 minutes going through this entire thread and I am speechless. Well done to all of you who have lost so much weight, you are all such strong people who are a huge motivation to us all. You should be so proud of your hard work because every single one of you looks absolutely amazing. :happy:
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom5284
    mom5284 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this board!! Great to see the fruit of your labour
  • Tseana
    Tseana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! GREAT JOB! You look GREAT!
  • Tseana
    Tseana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look BEAUTIFUL!
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I love seeing how healthy and happy people look in their 'after' shots!
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Very impressive CONGRATS
  • Johnpaul1987
    Johnpaul1987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some inspiring transformations here!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    67 pounds down since January 1 :)
    ddd81a76-e970-46f9-95d9-c77abc3734c4_zps4b2f9068.jpg

Well I guess it won't work but my profile picture is October 2012 then today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!