Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
I could really use seeing some before and afters of people who DID NOT lose the weight by starving themselves or eating below their BMR. Guys or girls or other- doesn't matter.

I know I'm doing the right thing by fueling myself, just having a rough week and could use the inspiration. :) Perhaps having a dedicated 'no starvation' thread would help others to find it too. I did a search but didn't find a thread where the before/afters were of people exclusively eating above BMR. If there is one- please link me to it. I'll take all the inspiration I can get.

No offense if you lost weight by severely restricting your cal intake- but that's not the way I want to go and seeing as I'm looking for inspiration for me (and others who don't want to do VLCD's)- those stories simply won't be helpful.

Anyone got some pics?

Replies

• Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    sorry no pics from me yet but this is a great idea for a post and would inspire me too so BUMP
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pix, but I definitely did this! All I did was try to stay as close to the calories MFP suggested as possible, only cheating on special occasions. I found that if I eat less than 1300 calories a day, I stop losing weight altogether. I tried to eat back most exercise calories. I ended up making a lot of changes to my diet. Ate a lot less cheese and processed peanut butter, which was hard at first. I slowly changed from eating white bread to wheat - that took a while until I discovered the "thins" and "flats" type sandwich rolls- which are delicious. I also started incorporating a lot more fresh vegetables into my diet. To do this, I had to give myself permission to spend money on good food. My food budget increased, but I'd rather spend money on food than doctors and medications.

One thing to note is that I wasn't racing to lose weight. It took me a full year to lose 35 lbs.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I posted links to mine here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521630-my-story

no starvation!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and after pics. It took me 17 months to do this, and I did NOT starve myself, take any pills, or do anything else that people may think is a 'shortcut'.

BeforeAfter2_smaller.jpg
  • Nicolefortin
    Nicolefortin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congrats!!! How dd you do it, what exercise, type of fod? It will
    help us to get or stay motivated. Thanks in advance.
  • mslynne25
    mslynne25 Posts: 10
    Options
    BUMP*
  • gemiwing
    Options
    I posted links to mine here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521630-my-story

no starvation!

Great job! Very happy you found a workout that works for you! :D
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Here's my before and after pics. It took me 17 months to do this, and I did NOT starve myself, take any pills, or do anything else that people may think is a 'shortcut'.

BeforeAfter2_smaller.jpg

Amazing! Glad you stuck with it- and a good reminder that it does take time when we do it right. Thanks! :D
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out eating around 1800, then 1700, then 1600, and I've been averaging around 1550 calories for the past few months. If I'm hungry, I eat. I've lost 67 lbs in 13 months, and there's a comparison pic
    <

Should also say, I exercise 30-60 minute 6 days per week. :) Good luck
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I recently checked out someone's diary who was losing a lot of weight quickly. They are exercising like crazy and hardly eating anything. I just don't want to live this way - seems too hard and not really a lifestyle change. This thread would help encourage lots of people to be patient with the weight loss and make healthy choices. I've lost 16 pounds in as many weeks which seems really slow but hopefully it's gone for good!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Like most everyone, I started here at 1200 because I wanted the weight GONE as soon as possible. That lasted for about a month before I realized that wasn't a good game plan. For the majority of my weight loss, I ate between 1350-1500 plus exercise calories, so typically between 1800-2000 total calories a day. For exercise, I run and strength train. I recently had to increase my calories to over 1800 net because I was still losing on maintenance!

2010-2012.jpg

11pounds.jpg

But what I find more amazing is that last time I tried to lose weight, and ate under 1000 calories a day, I looked a LOT different at my "goal weight."

five-years-later.jpg
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I love food - no starving myself here! I think the least I ate was around 1500, but now that I'm maintaining I try to eat a minimum of 2300 calories/day. I'm 5'10" btw.

Before (294 lbs, approximately 56% body fat):
    003-4-1.jpg
    37600_139117492784657_100000592214278_278412_3914396_n.jpg

Now (156 lbs, approximately 22% body fat or maybe a little less):
    017-6.jpg
    014.jpg

btw - strength training rocks
  • YorkPeppermint
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are proof that the lifting will sculpt the body, never fails! I NEED to get back to lifting!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Love it--notice how all of these ladies look FIT and not sick?? Lovely progress :)
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Like most everyone, I started here at 1200 because I wanted the weight GONE as soon as possible. That lasted for about a month before I realized that wasn't a good game plan. For the majority of my weight loss, I ate between 1350-1500 plus exercise calories, so typically between 1800-2000 total calories a day. For exercise, I run and strength train. I recently had to increase my calories to over 1800 net because I was still losing on maintenance!

But what I find more amazing is that last time I tried to lose weight, and ate under 1000 calories a day, I looked a LOT different at my "goal weight."

Now that's inspiration to start lifting! Amazing difference even at the same weight!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    These pictures were taken from 2010-2011. The one on the left was my "before" picture. The other two were taken after a couple months of working out 5 times a week while trying to stick to a 1400 calorie diet. Not much difference, as you can tell.
    before.jpg

These pictures were taken this month. I lift weights 3xweek, practice martial arts a few times a week (my workouts aren't extreme, usually last 20 min-1hr), and eat a calorie range of 1600 cals on rest days to 2000 cals on workout days. And I've had a baby in the meantime--she will be 1 year in a couple weeks.
    3-5-121435lbs.jpg
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love it--notice how all of these ladies look FIT and not sick?? Lovely progress :)

This is exactly what I was thinking. Theres no point in losing weight if you're not going to do it healthily. Well done ladies :flowerforyou:
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    great WORK!
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I eat about 1500 calories a day and do Kosama in the mornings. I know that it's going to take some time but after trying to stay at a 1200 calorie diet and being miserable and starving all the time, I'm very happy at my 1500. Im not starving anymore and I feel that I have the fuel I need to work out. I feel fantastic all day long now, even if the weight isn't coming off yet. It's only week two of Kosama and eating 1500 calories, but I think this is going to be the way I continue. Hopefully the weight will eventually come off.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!