Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• Devinsmama2309
    Options
    Here are my pics... still a work in progress.. I have about another 35 lbs to lose... but I really just started getting serious in January. From October until December I lost 2 lbs... From January until today I've lost 17. I don't starve myself... I stay around my calories for the day (sometimes I go over, but not by much). And I always eat my exercise calories back.

2012-03-19_093956-1-1.jpg
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    Bumping this one- WOW, very inspiring!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've consistently grossed 2200+ calories per day. I'm nearly 67 lbs. down in eleven months.

The following pictures represent a change from about 215 lbs. in July (left) to 180 lbs. in February (right). Since the February picture I've lost an additional 7 lbs. while eating around 2400 calories per day (gross) nearly every day. Given that my sedentary RMR is solidly over 2000 and I burn 3000 - 4000 calories a week training, I'd be starving myself if I regularly went under 1800 calories and I would never have stuck with it. My diary is public if anyone wants to browse.

JulyToFebruary1.jpg

Here's my before and current after face shots...roughly 240 lbs. in March 2010 and then more recently somewhere around 175 lbs.

Steve_Age36.jpg
    Steve_Age37.jpg

I also now can run a sub-23 minute 5K (best in competition is 24:57 but have run 22:03 in training) and I never ran at all before July 2010. I would not be as successful as I've been with self starvation.

Edit: Have also lost nearly 11" off my waist and 3 1'2" off my neck. :wink:
  • heatherholmes25
    Options
    bump
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so awesome everyone...your pics are amazing!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are all so very inspiring! Thank you for sharing with us!
  • Etrouton
    Etrouton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I definitely try to get as close to the target as possible, it's not healthy or sustainable to be hungry or under your goal all the time. I love my food way to much to starve, if you are hungry eat!
  • malkb27
    malkb27 Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump... Awesome and inspiring thread!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I don't have my before and after pics yet....soon, but not yet. But I have lost 32 lbs thus far and have not gone under 1400 calories (well, 1340 now). I exercise of course, but I wouldn't consider that starvation, and I have noticed that the weight is starting to come off again after a pleateau now that I am actually eating my exercise calories back.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i'm not at goal yet but you can check out my page for my pics....down 192 and counting...slowly counting but counting lol
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Great pix, great stories! Congrats to all!

Looking at these posts, it just re-inforces that everybody has their own path to success. What works for one person might not be as successful for another. But everyone does share the common thread of finding the path that you are comfortable with, what feels right for your body, your health, your lifestyle. The journey should be challenging and rewarding.

So if what you are trying is making you miserable -- change! You are committing to your health, not to a specific regimen. Experiment until you find the path that suits you best.
  • elijah39
    elijah39 Posts: 4
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • faybion
    faybion Posts: 5
    Options
    I dont starve myself, Im not overweight that much I just want to loose a stone in total which for me is very difficult as I dont have as much to loose as other people I have to work my *kitten* off (running 1 hour x4/5 times a week) to shift half a pound to a pound!!! I eat around 1400 calories a day which is enough food for my body. I also run a boot camp for friends on a monday night some have not much to loose some have a lot to loose and its about commitment it does not matter how s^%t your feeling just commit!
  • kirsty736
    kirsty736 Posts: 65
    Options
    Here's my before and after pics. It took me 17 months to do this, and I did NOT starve myself, take any pills, or do anything else that people may think is a 'shortcut'.

BeforeAfter2_smaller.jpg

You look incredible, well done x
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Anyone else back when they started the process that they were to embarrassed to take pre photos? LOL... I have mine on my profile pics.
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and during :o) I am still working at it. I lost 50lbs by watching my serving sizes and cutting way back on my sugar and white flour intake! Life got in the way and halted my progress for a year. I decided in Dec. to get back on track and get where I want to be, so, I have been going to the gym and working with a personal trainer 3 days a week :smile: He is awesome and I will reach my goal of 50 more gone!
    I started at 240 and am currently 190.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I really want to take the time and say a very special thank you to everyone who has (and will soon!) put their pics on here.

I know I'm doing the right thing- it's just very trying on some days and seeing how you guys and gals have put in the hours and done the work- and did it without harming yourself or starving your body.... it keeps the hope alive in my heart. There's not much greater than that, is there?

THANK YOU
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    As someone who is now eating an average of 1950 calories per day, I find this thread incredibly inspiring!

Fantastic job, Everyone, and thanks so much for posting your pics so we can see the results of EATING to lose weight!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Anyone else back when they started the process that they were to embarrassed to take pre photos? LOL... I have mine on my profile pics.
    I had to do some serious digging to find any of me. I hid from the camera for years!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    BUMP

You people are AMAZING!!!
    You didn't give up...so I believe I'll also succeed
    You inspire me every day.

Tomorrow is my the first day of 30Days Shred.
    I'll take a pic tomorrow before starting, so hopefully i could post here a before/after pic set in a few weeks :D

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!