Audiobook suggestions?

Options
I'm a huge fan of listening to a great audiobook while walking. I find it much more conducive than music etc. my all time favorites have been the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. I liked the pace of the story and the complexity of the characters.

Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while exercising? Any great suggestions?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I also like audiobooks for long runs, I started a thread about it ~a year ago that had some really great suggestions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686200-looking-for-a-new-audiobook-for-long-runs?hl=audiobook+while+running

I would add to what's in that thread:
    -Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar Series
    - Rhys Bowen's Royal Spyness series

Though they're a bit more lighthearted than the Dragon Tattoo books (which I also LOVED on audiobooks and paper).
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of listening to a great audiobook while walking. I find it much more conducive than music etc. my all time favorites have been the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. I liked the pace of the story and the complexity of the characters.

Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while exercising? Any great suggestions?

I'm addicted to audiobooks, I have one on my iPhone constantly! I don't know where you get yours from, but they are free at the library (downloadable on the internet), and they always have the new releases (although sometimes there is a waiting list).

There is another Swedish author, Henning Mankell, who reminds me of Stieg Larson, that has some interesting books. Nelson DeMille has a number of excellent books with very well developed characters - they are more of the government conspiracy and detective variety, if that interests you. Micheal Connelly and Jonathan Kellerman are also some of my favorite non-fiction authors.
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Audiobooks are fab, and really encourage me to walk - currently listening to:
    Harry Potter - Stephen Fry is fab
    Philip Pullman Northern Lights series read by Philip Pullman - just on the 2nd of 3
    Harry Dresden - Jim Butcher - read by James Marster
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the references