ketosis

Options
22dream
22dream Posts: 60 Member
Has anyone had success switching their body into a ketosis mode?? If so what does your meal plan look like???

Replies

• VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used Keto a few year ago I addition to working out and went from 199.6lbs down to 129lbs. I pretty much ate chicken and broccoli for every meal just because I didn't really feel the need to get creative.

I'm starting Keto again tomorrow in attempt to lose some post pregnancy weight. I hope I have similar results.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually an egg omelette or a keto crepe(made with one egg and two tbsps of cream cheese). Lunch is either deli meat and cheese or chicken. Dinner is tuna or eggs. I also eat home-made fat bombs, which are basically keto candy where it's high fat and very low carb. My ticker is an indicator of keto's success thus far.
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I did it by accident when I didn't eat enough as a teenager. The nurse looked horrified I was in Ketosis.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just started last week. I love it. Get creative with your meals and enjoy it! It's delicious :D
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually an egg omelette or a keto crepe(made with one egg and two tbsps of cream cheese). Lunch is either deli meat and cheese or chicken. Dinner is tuna or eggs. I also eat home-made fat bombs, which are basically keto candy where it's high fat and very low carb. My ticker is an indicator of keto's success thus far.

Keto crepe sounds good...care to share recipe & method?...I'm getting tired of over easy :blushing:

ETA: before the firestorm, I thought I'd add go here for additional info http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you wont find anyone who has nt had success in ketosis as they never get hungry, are full of energy and by definition avoid the sweet stuff and rubbish others seem doomed to fail on !
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Will you share your keto candy recipe?
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Keto crepe sounds good...care to share recipe & method?...I'm getting tired of over easy :blushing:

ETA: before the firestorm, I thought I'd add go here for additional info http://www.reddit.com/r/keto

The crepe is pretty simple. You melt two tbsp of cream cheese in the microwave, then beat in the egg until a batter forms. Pour it in the pan over medium heat, wait about 3-5 minutes, give or take, flip, wait another 3ish minutes, then serve with either whipped cream or peanut butter. I like the peanut butter better because the whipped cream melts. I also use butter on the pan to add more fat to it.
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach eggs so I feel quite limited when it comes to breakfast. I make sure my meals are clean though, no processed foods. I feel like lunch meats are pumped full of sodium and nitrates and I'm not a fan. I am going to try and get a bit more creative this time so that I don't get bored or feel the urge to cheat.
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

This one is my latest. It tastes kind of like a peanut butter cup!

1.5 sticks butter
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    4 tbsp nutella

Melt the butter, then add the peanut butter, and lastly add the nutella. Place in ice cube tray or a mini-muffin tin. Put in the freezer for about 3-4 hours. Enjoy! One serving has 3 carbs and 12 grams of fat.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you go to groups and search Keto, there are 2 there that I know of.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to go into ketosis and don't cheat. Coming and going out too often is not good for you.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Here are my go-to recipe websites:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    http://ibreatheimhungry.com/
    http://cavemanketo.com/
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/

I've had much success on keto due to the high satiation of eating a higher fat diet. I don't obsess about food as often as I used to.

I'll echo the no cheating until you're keto adapted. Give it two months before you get crazy with carbs. And when you do, you may find it's not worth it!
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump:)
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach eggs so I feel quite limited when it comes to breakfast. I make sure my meals are clean though, no processed foods. I feel like lunch meats are pumped full of sodium and nitrates and I'm not a fan. I am going to try and get a bit more creative this time so that I don't get bored or feel the urge to cheat.

You have to have FATS in th Keto diet in order for it to work properly... Chicken (high protein) Broccoli (carb) you have to add butter, coconut oil, cheese, bacon, avacado, mayo..etc that what keeps people able to continue this way of eating for lifetime.. You can also get nitrate free meats and low sodium products
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

This one is my latest. It tastes kind of like a peanut butter cup!

1.5 sticks butter
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    4 tbsp nutella

Melt the butter, then add the peanut butter, and lastly add the nutella. Place in ice cube tray or a mini-muffin tin. Put in the freezer for about 3-4 hours. Enjoy! One serving has 3 carbs and 12 grams of fat.

Add unsweetened cocoa powder in place of the nutella... (TOO MUCH SUGAR)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

The crepe is pretty simple. You melt two tbsp of cream cheese in the microwave, then beat in the egg until a batter forms. Pour it in the pan over medium heat, wait about 3-5 minutes, give or take, flip, wait another 3ish minutes, then serve with either whipped cream or peanut butter. I like the peanut butter better because the whipped cream melts. I also use butter on the pan to add more fat to it.

O.m.g. that sounds yummy.:huh: Thanks for the info....gotta try this tomorrow:drinker:
  • divaonadiet
    divaonadiet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!