Should I have one last bad day...?

Options
124»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,507 Member
    Options
    I am really bad at moderation that's the problem. And living alone makes moderation hard because if I buy a pizza I cannot just have one slice and throw the rest of it away..
    Then don't buy a whole pizza. Go to a place where they sell it by the slice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Either start tomorrow or start next year. It's up to you.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it. Enjoy a feast! Hope you have fun with friends, and enjoy.
    You can still eat all those things if they fit in your cals and keep you on track.

Edit to add that my idea of a feast does not mean gross overindulgence, just a great meal, usually a larger one, of some fun favorite foods.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't ready to change yet, you have to want the change and earn it.
  • Maccbow
    Maccbow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am really bad at moderation that's the problem. And living alone makes moderation hard because if I buy a pizza I cannot just have one slice and throw the rest of it away..

Just a quick note. If you want a slice of pizza, get 1 slice of pizza... make it a time when you're out and about, but don't get a pizza-pie... not even a small one. I am bad at moderation on ice-cream. If I would go and include an ice-cream cone, as a part of my plan for the day, that would be fine. One time, I wanted to do that. My husband said, "There's ice-cream in the freezer; just have that!!" I said No. (I didn't get the cone either.) But, that's the point. Stuff that I'm bad at, moderation wise, I do NOT have it, unless it is already a controlled portion size.

Another example. I like mayonaise. (I use low fat now, anyway). But, just today, I cut up a tomato for tomorrow's lunch, and I put a tablespoon of mayo on top. I just WANTED to lick that spoon off!!!! But NO!!! As "picky" or "petty" as that might seem, that extra bit of mayo on the spoon, doesn NOT belong in my plan for the day... so I don't have it.

Sorry.... one more quick note.
    Start your new plan now! Don't wait another day.... you know why???? The JOY you will feel TOMORROW MORNING, when you WAKE UP, and you are ALREADY started on your new plan, will give you SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE JOY, than having that one last bad day!!! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!! Then, the feeling continues!! When you're on your proper plan, you feel like a MILLION BUCKS when you get up the next morning, KNOWING that you are already on your plan!!!

My best to YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.