Gym shirts that I just don't understand

Options
Gabrielm80
Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
First off I use to be a college student and remember all too well frat parties, dorm rooms and the lewd and cruel **** we as guys have on our shot glasses, tee shirts, phone cases, desktop wallpaper while doing keg stands during our young prime. I except the fact in college it's a time to be immature to a fault and to let go to help find ourselves. This isn't about that setting. This is about a YMCA which considered a family activity center run by a Christian organization. I am not a religious person but since I attend a gym in which bible study is between yoga, and intensity cardio I respect it as if one should at a church function. Lately seen shirts from fellow strength trainers that make me wonder. Why the **** would you wear that here. Sad thing is these are not newly 21 adults all these came from mid 30s
Shirts are following:
Ill spot you if you got nice tits
Castrate all runners because they already don't have any balls
Come at me bro.
Women in the gym? Why aren't you making me a sandwich
While your at work I **** your wife.
Rant over not a big deal in the end for me I ignore it for the most part but do shirts like that ever win anybody points with anyone. And why wear in a place where kids are a focal part of the most the activities?

Replies

• JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Very valid point!! In an adults only gym it would be one thing, although I personally don't agree with it, but it's not needed in a family / child environment.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I agree that they should save them for another gym....but honestly these made me laugh! :laugh:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Jeez, nobody at my gym wears tops like that.

Sounds like the individuals in question have more ego than brains.

Some people just love elevating themselves over others and creating a confrontational atmosphere.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Why the gym tolerates sort of inappropriate clothing - its a mystery to me.
    In any environment - family-focused or adult - the messages are sexist and offensive.
    Perhaps its worth saying something to the manager of the facility.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • missability
    Options
    Y.M.C. A. = Young Men's CHRISTIAN Association......hmmmm..... seems to me they need to drop the middle name!
  • GrouchySprout
    GrouchySprout Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say that I've not seen anything like that in my gym. There is nothing big, funny or clever about those slogans.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Y.M.C. A. = Young Men's CHRISTIAN Association......hmmmm..... seems to me they need to drop the middle name!

Why?
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Why?

Most christian organizations should stop pretending to be religious
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them. They all have perfect, smart *kitten* replies. I like to sharpen my snark claws on unsuspecting folk.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me that you have time to read shirts.
    Options

Why?

Oh OK. So they should police what people wear? I really didn't think the agnostics wanted that. Guess I was wrong. *shrug*
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    ^ what? I never said that? but I'm Atheist for the record
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    It's funny to me that you have time to read shirts.

It's funny you have time to post about reading shirts at 5 AM??
    Options
    ^ what? I never said that? but I'm Atheist for the record

Yeah I figured by the disdain for Christians. =) And I'm not keeping records.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    wow. everyone at my gym wears either a tank top, athletic shirt (nike brand etc) or just a plain t shirt. I myself wear band shirts. guess they want to stay single and friendless
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have one that says 'Harden the F*** up!'.
    Although it may be considered as crude and rude, it sometimes reminds me why I'm there everytime I go to the gym...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    A lot of Americans born 75 and after seem to be lacking common sense/ public manners. It's a common trait with generation X, part of the whole entitlement ideal instilled in them.

You should see some of them overseas, they tend to give the rest of us quite a bad reputation.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Why?

Oh OK. So they should police what people wear? I really didn't think the agnostics wanted that. Guess I was wrong. *shrug*

The entire point of churches are to police others. And why would agnostics be against "policing" people? I'm pretty sure agnostics-- like most other peoples-- are perfectly fine with laws, social contracts, etc.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options

Why?

The entire point of churches are to police others. And why would agnostics be against "policing" people? I'm pretty sure agnostics-- like most other peoples-- are perfectly fine with laws, social contracts, etc.

....What do you know religion getting mixed up with politics again lol thanks for putting that into something comprehensible, my little devil worshiping friend :devil:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    That's something I would find disturbing. At our gym, trainers wear shirts that say 'Trainer' on the back with the gym's logo on the front. If it's the staff wearing shirts like that, that's totally unprofessional & I would find it off-putting.

If it's the other gym goers who are wearing shirts like that, I probably would find it almost as off-putting, as I believe there's a time and a place for everything. It's possible that these are just old shirts that they can't or choose not to wear in public & have relegated this to 'gym attire'.

Of course it's not something that would ruin my day, or anything that would warrant more than a passing thought/observation.