Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• renaloggins
    Options
    my goal is 185lbs. on the current picture I am 285llbs
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Some of you seem to be aiming for too low a weight....my goal ( given to me by my medical professionals) is 165
    I can relate to what you're saying. My goal is 170 - but everyone is built differently. For me, 125 would look ridiculous!!! I weighed 145 in HS & was really thin! I don't have goals to go back there.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm trying at the 150ish territory. But I've never weighted less then 170 so I'm not sure how that would look on me. So I'm just going with the flow of it. I'll stop when I'm happy with what I see.
  • louisemh28
    Options
    I'm aiming to get back to 140, just to have a number to shoot for, but my ultimate goal is more about body composition.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    my goal is 185lbs. on the current picture I am 285llbs
    Outstanding goal!
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to tell people I'm 5'8" (5'7" 1/2 really), but I don't have a goal weight. I'm trying to ignore the scale and aim for abs (:
    I currently weigh about 122, small frame, I guess?
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Funny, b/c I think I posted on this topic at some point. My goal has changed 3 times during the course of 10 months. As I get close, I realize I can go further.

I'm 5'8, my goal is 140 lbs OR bf ~20%…
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for 130-135, but since I started lifting, and seeing the results from that - I've decided that my goal isn't so much weight based but fitness and strength based instead. When I get to 160 I'll see where I am and work from there.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and a half. I think weight is only part of it. I agree % body fat is also important. At 166 pounds my % body fat is 23% which for my age 57 is excellent. I feel fit and healthy at this weight. Being fit and healthy is my goal and MFP helps me stay there. Thanks to you all for your support. :flowerforyou:
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    depends on your build. seriously. am aiming for 11 stone 7lbs (about 161lbs) .. had a flatmate years ago of the same height weighing 9 stone who complimented me on my 'slim' (then 11 stone) figure! not every body is the same and maintaining 11 stone for me = eating every other day which = poor health so there's no way I'd get it down any lower .. the mirror and an honest appraisal is the best tool here, if you're all ribs, you've gone too far!
  • sarahopti
    Options
    Well... when I got married I was 120... everyone thought I was anorexic or something, it was the or something... I just didn't eat a lot. Right now though I think I'm aiming for about 145ish. I'm mainly focusing on my size and body fat. I'm pretty sure at 145 though I'll probably be at the fat % I want.

Good luck.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My first goal was to reach a healthy BMI - got there last week. Weight wise 11 stone 7, (161 pounds), which I think at my age would suit me well - I'm 63.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7.5

Between 143 and 148.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and generally considered somewhere between average and heavyset at 215 lb.

At my healthiest period since HS I was around 180-190lbs. I was 150 in high school and I looked anorexic thin in pics- I've put on about 20 lbs of muscle since then so getting back there is not realistic. I did hit 170 about 7 years ago and started to look too skinny again. My build is fairly large though. I have dense bones. It is probably not physically possible for me to get down to where most of the other commenters are but I dont worry about comparing myself to others or basing my "obesity" on the doctor's charts. I go by general health, how I feel and how my clothes fit. Skinny does not equal healthy!
  • Moin78
    Moin78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am most likely going to stop somewhere in the 150s. I weighed 145 in college and looking back on those pictures, I looked anorexic (even though I thought I was overweight). My shrink thought I was anorexic, but I swear I wasn't...just lots of stress in those days from losing my dad.

Another thought/note: I think it also depends upon the type of frame a person has and not just height. What may feel and look right on me may not be advisable for the next person that is 5'8," or it might still be too heavy for that next person.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and my goal is 128, although we'll see when I get there. I might want to drop another 3 and make it 125. I like round numbers.
  • babbs770
    babbs770 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and am hovering around 165. My goal is 155 but feel great where I am. It is more important to me to have a weekly exercise goal (I try for 4 days a week) and stay this weight than to lose weight at this point.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have the goal of 145-130. I'm currently 159. I got junk in the trunk... lol
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone have such high goal weights? You gals must have the frame size of a linebacker, lol... A BMI of 22 on a 5'8" person corresponds to a weight of 145...

All in good fun, no offense intended.
  • kristincastleman71
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I thought that I wanted to be btw 130-135. I now realize that is too skinny for my body type. I think btw 140-145 is a good and healthy weight. I am currently 149 and happy. :)