Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• daisy5105
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 1/2 and weight now 199, but love to see me at 170-180 pounds. That would be a huge improvement for me.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal range is 145-150...I'm maintaining that now. Working on lowering body fat now...
  • kristincastleman71
    Options
    Great minds think alike. I was just thinking the same thing about some people. It's like the whole world wants to be a tooth pick. Anything under 130 for our height is too skinny. What's wrong with being healthy? We all can't be models.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It's like the whole world wants to be a tooth pick. Anything under 130 for our height is too skinny. What's wrong with being healthy? We all can't be models.
    That's just, like, your opinion, man. ;-)

At 5'8" anything between 122 and 164 is medically acceptable. If someone chooses to weigh on the lower end of that, that's their choice and lots of people will find it attractive. I personally can't see why a woman would choose to weigh on the upper end of that range (BMI over 22) unless she was a bodybuilder or had an enormous frame, but I'm not gonna push my aesthetic preferences on them because of it.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and weigh 143.
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 (close enough :P) and my goal is anywhere from 120-140. As long as I look good and feel good :)
  • juliavoyse
    juliavoyse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I wish to weigh around 10st, which I think is around 135? :)
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm 5' 8 1/2"... I was 135 lbs some 15 years ago and trust me I drool over those pics of when I was young and thought I was too FAT - WHAT?? Oh boy.. Now I wonder if I can get down that low. I'm right now aiming for 150-160. January 2 SW = 246. Current weight 213. Not too Shabby! I can't imagine what another 50 pounds less would feel like!
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's like the whole world wants to be a tooth pick. Anything under 130 for our height is too skinny. What's wrong with being healthy? We all can't be models.
    That's just, like, your opinion, man. ;-)

At 5'8" anything between 122 and 164 is medically acceptable. If someone chooses to weigh on the lower end of that, that's their choice and lots of people will find it attractive. I personally can't see why a woman would choose to weigh on the upper end of that range (BMI over 22) unless she was a bodybuilder or had an enormous frame, but I'm not gonna push my aesthetic preferences on them because of it.

Yea!! What you said!
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    150 is my major goal!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    5'8" started at 183 and am at 159.....but my goal is 140 to 145.
  • hidbee
    hidbee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'9 and 145!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I am 150 pounds as of today.

I have a goal of 145, so only 5 pounds left. I am happy where I am now at 150 but I want to lose a little more inches and tone up. So I am not really focusing on the scale.
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm 182lbs right now. I dont really look like it at first because I have a lot of muscle but I have alot of fat to lose.
    I'm aiming for 120-130 - Very slim, athletic build for running.
  • Esapincheflaca
    Options
    Im 5"8 and i weigh 125. People say im awfully skinny :/ and anorexic... Its not the best to be called that. It sucks . I feel your pain
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit taller, and my goal is 150 (which I hit and have now maintained for 10 months). But now, I'm thinking I could perhaps afford to go a little lower, so I'm planning on working on that I think. Not much lower, maybe 10lbs.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    145. 10 pounds to go....
  • F1GHT4F1T
    F1GHT4F1T Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    currently at 160 lbs looking to get down to 143 then maybe even as low as 135
  • Cae_Troi
    Cae_Troi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    130/140lbs
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5' 8" and curious what others my height are aiming for weight wise.

While I do have a weight loss goal, and am tracking my food, exercise and measurements, my real personal goals are more activitity oriented (I want to run a 5k this summer; I want to compete in warrior dash this fall), size focused (drop down 2 dress/pant sizes) and health guided (not to get out of breath when playing with my kids).

So, out of curiosity, what weight do you, as a 5' 8" woman, feel is comfortable for you?

My daughter is 5'8" and she weighs 130. But, she's at the gym daily. I have often seen this: First 5' is 100# and you add 5# for each additional inch. But, everyone is different so that's just a guideline.