Thought I had a home intruder last night.

Options

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    BEST MFP post I have seen in a very long time. MFP should be all about paranormal activity (the non-exercise and nutritional kind). Please don't stop. This should be a mini-series.

Thank you.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Former property manager here. Your wall switch for the light is faulty. It happens. Replace it.

Took the words out of my mouth! And your pup was picking up on your apprehension. Ghosts sounds more fun, though (for us, anyway). :wink:

So... you're sayin a ghost sabotaged my light switch?

That's what I'm hearing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sleep in a salt circle. It's your only chance.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Did you do all this without waking the wife?
    Glad you had your dog!

His wife and dog died in a car accident last year...

tumblr_m61e7zyQoi1qdiufzo1_500.gif
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    314f362f5829acb76aa8fb28103881e6.png

I see what you're talking about. Possibly matrixing (the brain making "sense" of random shapes … happens all the time). But possibly not, and if not, that's creepy!!

I don't see it.
    I Do, the ghost of nineties past wants the glass bricks back lol...and is that a skull in the window?
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options

I see what you're talking about. Possibly matrixing (the brain making "sense" of random shapes … happens all the time). But possibly not, and if not, that's creepy!!

But...um...what about the skull in the window...

It looks small...

THERE IS A SKULL IN YOUR BATHROOM.
    x runs around in circles screaming 'skull in bathroom' until collapses and rocks back and forth in corner sobbing x
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well given you saw nothing as you stalked your intruder, and your dogs reaction, I vote mouse or raccoon or python. :-0) Maybe it needed to wash the food it stole from the kitchen. I used to have a light in my kitchen that turned on and off a lot especially at night. We replaced switches, wiring but nothing helped. My mother in law stayed one night at our house, swore we had ghosts even tho she did not believe in them and never came back to our house. About 5 years ago we got a new fixture - no more issues.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Vampires?

Try hanging some garlic on the windowsill.

Vampires cannot enter unless invited inside.

You people clearly never watched Buffy.

Which is kinda pointless because they could just burn your house down and smoke you out. Or if you go by True Blood they could just glamour you to invite them in.
  • bowlofpeaches
    bowlofpeaches Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WHO YOU GONNA CALL?!?!

Ghost busters!!! <3
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    It was an elaborate hoax perpetrated by your dog. She/he is still laughing his/her tail off.
  • paulkucz
    paulkucz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well given you saw nothing as you stalked your intruder, and your dogs reaction, I vote mouse or raccoon or python. :-0) Maybe it needed to wash the food it stole from the kitchen. I used to have a light in my kitchen that turned on and off a lot especially at night. We replaced switches, wiring but nothing helped. My mother in law stayed one night at our house, swore we had ghosts even tho she did not believe in them and never came back to our house. About 5 years ago we got a new fixture - no more issues.

So, a light fixture made your mother-in-law stay away? I hope you sold that on ebay with the story to go with it. That adds value.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It was an elaborate hoax perpetrated by your dog. She/he is still laughing his/her tail off.

He is a border collie, so I wouldn't put it past him.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I was totally expecting something like this at the end of your story.

scaryLocke.gif
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I don't see it.

Looks like a guy's face on the edge of the middle block.. it could still be something reflecting off or through the glass.
    I believe in ghosts, I've seen several and photographed many, but sometimes it's just a reflection.

I've seen all kinds of "photos of ghosts" that were obvious camera straps, reflections and dust spots.

Not that he didn't hear or see something at night, because I tend to think he probably did.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Doing my best John Edward...

I sense a presence in your bathroom...does the Number 2 have any meaning for you? I'm getting the initials TP...

:tongue:

LOLZ!
  • smantha32
    Options
    Former property manager here. Your wall switch for the light is faulty. It happens. Replace it.

Took the words out of my mouth! And your pup was picking up on your apprehension. Ghosts sounds more fun, though (for us, anyway). :wink:

I've had cats freak out and stare intently at something in the dark I couldn't see, only to eventually find out they could actually see that minuscule gnat flying around in the dark.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I actually have a very similar story. True story too (hopefully yours is, or I'm wasting my time).

My house is a bit of an open format. My bed is positioned in such a way that if I look down the bed, I can see through the door, out the hallway and all the way to the far wall of the house. So basically I can see at least the doorway of every room in the house from my vantage point.

One morning, early morning, I wake up and I'm looking down the hallway. Suddenly, as I'm watching, the kitchen light goes on. The kitchen is perpendicular to the bedroom doorway so I can't see INTO the kitchen, only the doorway and the fact that the light is on.

Only problem is, I'm home alone.

Now, I am fairly prepared and keep a wonderful .45" bouquet (made in Exeter, NH) on my nightstand. I reach for it...but I can't. I'm frozen. Arms are dead weight, I'm trying to turn on my side to get my arms moving towards my trusty flowers. Nothing happening except pure panic and adrenaline as I stare down the hall at the kitchen.

Suddenly I snap out of it and I can move...and the light is out in the kitchen again.

Once I calmed down (about 3, maybe 4 years later) I realized that it never happened. The lightswitch panel for the kitchen is on the outside of the kitchen doorway - directly in my view from the bed. The actual cause of the incident was sleep paralysis, a condition I sometimes suffer from when sleeping on my back and/or really tired. Especially when I was very overweight. Sleep paralysis commonly includes auditory and visual hallucinations. I have seen and heard some of the most horrifying things you can possibly imagine in the past. It's a very interesting phenomenon and is believed to be the cause of most/all alien abduction/supernatural/blah blah experiences.

Anyway, just thought it was an interesting comparison to your story.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You can't shoot ghosts you know...

Next time I'll go for a vacuum cleaner.

Amateur. Everyone knows that only salt and/or iron can keep the ghosts away.
    [/quote]

Salt or iron? Never heard that ever.
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Are we all just going to overlook that the story itself was really well written? Lol I was so into that story as it progressed!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    This LITERALLY gave me chills!!!