EASY cottage cheese crepes! High protein/low cal!

Options

Replies

• Lois1211
    Lois1211 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't normally post on the forums, but I tried a recipe I found off of pinterest today and loved it! Just three main ingredients for these high protein crepes (I made them pancakes by adding some baking powder so they were fluffier).

2 Eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 flour

And I also added just a tiny bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon for taste. When I added it in to MFP, the entire batch (8 pancakes) was only 360 calories, 25g carbs, 29g protein, and 15g fat.

I put just a tiny bit of syrup on mine, but I'm sure they would taste great with fruit or jelly, too! :) It was really easy with the magic bullet, I just put it all in and let it stir it up for me.

Enjoy!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just made these for dinner. I added a bit of salt and had them with rosemary lime chicken breast cutlets, hass avocados, lettuce, tomatoes and a dash or sweet balsamic vinegrete. They were a hit!
  • jillianharp
    jillianharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    great idea! Will try soon.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Tried these this morning and, yeah, they were pretty good. Definitely needed syrup (only a little) or something. And they were obviously eggier than pancakes, so kind of a half pancake/half omelet, but pretty yummy.

I think next time I might omit the baking powder and treat it more like a true crepe with a filling.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tag. Gotta try these
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump! Yum :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    in
  • uatina05
    uatina05 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump
  • mangobed
    mangobed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try using ricotta, instead of cottage cheese ~~ it's smoother
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I really want to try these for breakfast tomorrow - no cottage cheese in the house, but am going to risk it with some greek yoghurt instead!
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks, putting these on my list
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Interesting but I must try, thanks
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetpickle1004
    sweetpickle1004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Yum
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I really want to try these for breakfast tomorrow - no cottage cheese in the house, but am going to risk it with some greek yoghurt instead!

Update: I made them this morning, but used soy bean flour instead of wheat (I'm trying to cut right back on wheat at the moment) - extra protein and gluten-free! They turned out to be delicious! :love: