Any other woman weigh around 155lb and height 5'7?

Options

Replies

• Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wish! I am 178.2 can't move past that have fluctuated between 182-178.2 but I want to be 155 or so.

Height: 5-6 1/2

Can't seem to move the scale. I job (which I despise), speed walk and do in home weights for arms and strength
    training and abs, but nada. I was about to give up and say F-it, but I can't do that as I advocate against giving up.

Hopefully I will get there by Feb. of next year. I joined MFP in April of this year, if I don't really get moving by my one year
    anniversary, I will quit and move on to something else or nothing. We shall see!
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow - we should start a group!

5'7" 49 y/o

SW 160.8 lb
    GW 128 lb
    CW 145 lb

This is the first summer I have spent in the 140s in quite a while but I'm kind of stuck here.

I'm pretty fit and have run a few half marathons and buckets of 10ks but I really like good food. And wine. (I'm a collector and not about to limit myself to half a glass twice/week).

Would love to see the 130s and throw out a batch of clothes but this has been a great summer! Got some new white jean shorts and smaller jeans and skirts and I've been showing more leg and shoulder.

It's nice not to slink into a room and feel embarrassed. It's nice to say yes to golf invitations instead of making excuses because golf skirts are not a good choice for my fat legs.

I can only imagine what the 130s must feel like......
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 41 years old & haven't weighed in couple weeks but I was 157 last time and would love to get back down to 145 or so. I've been logging and exercising on an off for awhile now, couple years and it has proved to be very difficult. I will loose maybe 4-5 pounds and then gain it back. Love to have another friend. I am currently in a size 12 pants and I've always worn size L shirts but probably could wear a Medium, I like shirts loose.
  • nmprovo
    nmprovo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats! I am 5'6 1/2... 151 currently. My "goal" is 145 because I feel pretty comfortable there but once I reach that I'd like to drop a few more and settle anywhere in the 130's.. mostly just so I will have a little room to fluctuate. If I stayed at 145 I'd be worried about gaining a few pounds and pushing 150 again! I added you! I'm also a size 12 and I wear a M top (depending on the brand)
  • leelxxsh
    leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'6 1/2.

SW: 159
    CW: 142
    GW: 135, but I might bump it down a bit once I get there.

Feel free to add me, my diary's always open!
  • dma1984
    dma1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and currently weight 163, my goal is 145. I started losing weight at 195 in march after having my second child in january. this is the lowest i have been in years, but I want to get to a healthy bmi!
  • MisConway
    MisConway Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am 31 yo, 5'7, and have been consistently fluctuating between 155-160 for about a year. My husand and I are going on vacation (without kids!!) to Mexico in February so my goal is to hit 135 by then. I am hoping 5 lbs/month is a realistic and attainable goal!

I love to run and I am currently training for two 10 mile races and two half marathon's. The races will be done in October, and I hope the running will help me lean out. Then, in November I plan on starting a 12 week lifting plan to really tighten and firm.

I am a healthy eater, but my biggest obstacle is snacking while making dinner, or "stealing bites" from the kids plates. That is my nutrition goal right now, no stealing bites!

Feel free to add my as a friend!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hi !

5'7. Age 55. Today !

4 years ago weighed 183. :(
    Just started MFP eleven days ago, with a starting weight of 157.

Goal weight. 143

Besides calories, I am really concentrating on carbs/sodium intake.
    Not going to weigh in until I FEEL like I have lost at least 2-3 lbs.

Have a great day.
  • MizzuzR
    MizzuzR Posts: 9
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 166 (according to the damn scale this morning), I have been on this program for about 25 days and maybe half of those are "serious" days so I have no one but to blame for only losing a pound so far. I truly am motivated in spirit but my follow through really stinks. A couple years ago I got down below 140 but I was living a lifestyle I just couldn't maintain to keep that weight. I am trying to be realistic this time and just go for 10 lbs then increments of five until I feel comfortable in my own skin. I think being taller give us an advantage as far as hiding the weight with the right clothes which is great in the short term, but I would like to sit down and feel like my (wine) belly isn't hanging over!!

I'd love some motivational friends too =)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Funny, love the comment about your wine belly !

Wine is something I will not give up.
    Day 11 of this plan and I have reduced my wine cals by 40%. Prior to starting.
    Which is working out just fine, no more evening snacking.

Add me as a friend, if you would like.

Have a great day.
  • desigirl23
    desigirl23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW - so many just like me. I'm 5'7", 46 yrs old.

SW 165 lbs
    GW 130 lbs
    CW 154 lbs

I was 130 lbs just 13 yrs ago - I would like to go back to it in 6-8 months. I'll be thrilled to just get to 140-145 soon. I need to break the 150 barrier.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    This is where I was after a month into my fitness... my FIRST pic is at about 158lbs (on my ticker thingy)... when I joined the site I was down to 145lbs... now my goal is to get to 130lbs (ish) or maintain what I have (135-136lbs).

Either way, if you want help, let me know!
  • kimpossible5
    Options
    YES! THAT IS MEEEEE

Feel free to add me. I set my calories to 1200 and started T25 last week. 149 used to be the weight I struggled to get past, now it's 153. I am not quite back down to 153 yet, but I'm working on it. Ultimate goal is 145.
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'6" and 152 lbs. I've been fluctuating in the 150s (highest was 164) for years and would love to see the 140s one of these days. Just joined a few weeks ago so hopefully that day will be soon :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    5'7",
    SW: 192 (January 13)
    CW: 156 (for what seems like weeks, LOL)
    GW: 140-145
    Age 48.

I saw an earlier post in here about wine? Won't give that up, either. :drinker:

I am trying not to put so much emphasis on the numbers, because I simply want to be able to zip a pair of skorts I was wearing the year I got married (ten years ago), and if I can do that, it doesn't matter what the scale says, LOL...
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5".
    SW: 178
    GW: 137

I'm at about 148 right now. I was down near 142, but 'rebounded' some. :( Would like to be steadily in the upper 130s or low 140s. I'm disappointed in the rebound, but am experimenting trying to find a good "maintenance" level of calories/exercise. Haven't found it yet. :)
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I am 5'8
    SW: 177
    CW: 163
    GW: 140 as well :smile:
  • snords
    snords Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 145lbs. Have you tried watching your sugar intake and have you cut out all processed foods?
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I freaking wish!!
    I'm a hair shy of 5'8" and 175 right now. Heaviest was 183 but would LOVE to at 150. I don't think I've weighed that since I was too young to even bother paying attention. I'm a bit freaked out by all those whose GW is lower than that at the same height because I just can't even imagine myself less than that. I've a fairly large frame and big *kitten* boobs that don't go anywhere when I lose weight ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!