Lost

Options

Replies

• homerunbetty
    Options
    No, the nutritionist has not given me insight as to why I am gaining and not loosing. He does not understand it either. He stated he could provide me with a different plan, but I chose not to do so. I already felt like I wasted my money to begin with.

Read through the in place of a road map and PM me with any thoughts/questions. It's a step by step.

I truly believe you just aren't getting enough food. Because 1200 - 400 (burned) only = 800 so your body may be holding onto everything.

thanks. I appreciate your offer. I have read through some of it. I do not have a tape measure in my office, so I will have to do that at home so I can plug in my numbers on the charts.
  • joannewalker62
    joannewalker62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are not a vegetarian if you eat fish, you are a pescetarian.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

While I agree, and it is a pet peeve of mine...how is your point helpful to this post? It's not.

So let's all ease up on "you're not a vegetarian". Mmmmkay? It doesn't make one person better than another, and it doesn't make you better to point it out. To each their own. The OP is looking for helpful, I repeat HELPFUL suggestions.
  • homerunbetty
    Options

Hmm...and your posting this to benefit me how? Do you seriously think I do not know what I am? I have been this way for over 30 years! There were not "different terms" for vegetarians back in the 70's! For your information, a pesco-vegetarian is regarded as being a variation of a vegetarian. The proper term you are trying to use is pesco-vegetarian.

I am not stupid as some of you may seem to think (according to your posts). There are very few people on this forum that seem to want to help others.
  • SouperDuck
    SouperDuck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    also wouldn't hurt to get a complete blood workup done to see if you are deficient in any vitamins. I struggled and found out I had a D and B-12 deficiency.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I am not stupid as some of you may seem to think (according to your posts). There are very few people on this forum that seem to want to help others.
    Don't take it so personally...if you read the forums more, you'll find there's a lot of reasons for this. There are LOADS of really stupid questions, theories and advice floating around here...:ohwell:
  • homerunbetty
    Options
    Don't take it so personally...if you read the forums more, you'll find there's a lot of reasons for this. There are LOADS of really stupid questions, theories and advice floating around here...:ohwell:

Yes, I can tell. :) I just cannot believe what is coming out of some of their mouths! I would never be that way to someone. I guess it is easy for them to hide behind a computer and say certain things. It really ruins it for those that are seriously looking for help!
  • homerunbetty
    Options
    also wouldn't hurt to get a complete blood workup done to see if you are deficient in any vitamins. I struggled and found out I had a D and B-12 deficiency.

I have an appointment with a local place that tests for absolutely everything. I appreciate your response!
  • hi_im_neeho
    hi_im_neeho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there. First off, I've read the entire thread and I'm sorry that some people are giving you such a hard time about things. Secondly, I'm in awe of the way you eat. I wish I had that much discipline. I have a hard time eating the same thing two days in a row, much less every single day. I'm not a doctor or a dietician, so I'm not going to offer any advice. I just wanted to drop you a note to say hang in there and don't be afraid to try new things until you find something that works. I tried unsuccessfully to lose weight for years. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and polycystic ovaries. Once I started taking the right medication I felt better, which led me to a dietician and the gym. The weight started falling off. I've had some health-related setbacks and hit several plateaus but I eventually get past them. Even so, it's still a daily struggle. I'm sorry I'm not being more helpful, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in your struggles. Reach out to those of us who ARE here to motivate you and ignore the haters. :)
  • joannewalker62
    joannewalker62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hmm...and your posting this to benefit me how? Do you seriously think I do not know what I am? I have been this way for over 30 years! There were not "different terms" for vegetarians back in the 70's! For your information, a pesco-vegetarian is regarded as being a variation of a vegetarian. The proper term you are trying to use is pesco-vegetarian.

I thought your attitude to all the people who had taken the time to answer you was extremely rude.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Logging and tracking calories are an important detail in weight loss.

ETA: as well as knowing how many calories your body needs everyday.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well dont take this the wrong way.. but I WISH I was 152lbs right about now and I'm 5"6'..I guess Im trying to bring light that it could be worse. What is MFP telling you to eat(calories). Maybe Im lost on how are you tracking and why such a specific menu? If you dont track then how do you know what you r burn off and what you comsume. Sounds like to me your body is starving....:huh: Thats a lot of exercise for your body to go thru without refueling it foro what it needs to actually live. Good Luck to your though!

Okay...here it goes...for those of you that are NOT reading through the posts and only reading the very first post...

I am 5'5"
    I weigh 152 lbs.
    I am 42 years old
    I weighed, photographed and measured my entire body and provided it to a certified nutritionist.
    I received a nutrition plan from my nutritionist, which also included an exercise program and supplement list.
    I do not log my food because I only eat what is on my list. I precook my food and bring it everywhere with me.
    I drink water.
    I exercise at a gym.
    I box for an hour a day with a professional boxer.
    I am a vegetarian. I eat fruits, vegetables, eggs, cheese and fish.
    I am not a Vegan.
    I am not a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian.
    I typically do not cheat during my "cheat" time.
    If I do cheat, it may be with something like chips and hot sauce, or frozen yogurt or ice cream.
    I do not become a glutton during my cheat time and consume mass amounts of food for 45 minutes straight like some crazed animal.
  • homerunbetty
    Options
    Hey there. First off, I've read the entire thread and I'm sorry that some people are giving you such a hard time about things. Secondly, I'm in awe of the way you eat. I wish I had that much discipline. I have a hard time eating the same thing two days in a row, much less every single day. I'm not a doctor or a dietician, so I'm not going to offer any advice. I just wanted to drop you a note to say hang in there and don't be afraid to try new things until you find something that works. I tried unsuccessfully to lose weight for years. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and polycystic ovaries. Once I started taking the right medication I felt better, which led me to a dietician and the gym. The weight started falling off. I've had some health-related setbacks and hit several plateaus but I eventually get past them. Even so, it's still a daily struggle. I'm sorry I'm not being more helpful, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in your struggles. Reach out to those of us who ARE here to motivate you and ignore the haters. :)

Thank you very much for your kind words! Your post is very helpful and uplifting.
  • homerunbetty
    Options
    Well dont take this the wrong way.. but I WISH I was 152lbs right about now and I'm 5"6'..I guess Im trying to bring light that it could be worse. What is MFP telling you to eat(calories). Maybe Im lost on how are you tracking and why such a specific menu? If you dont track then how do you know what you r burn off and what you comsume. Sounds like to me your body is starving....:huh: Thats a lot of exercise for your body to go thru without refueling it foro what it needs to actually live. Good Luck to your though!

Okay...here it goes...for those of you that are NOT reading through the posts and only reading the very first post...

I am 5'5"
    I weigh 152 lbs.
    I am 42 years old
    I weighed, photographed and measured my entire body and provided it to a certified nutritionist.
    I received a nutrition plan from my nutritionist, which also included an exercise program and supplement list.
    I do not log my food because I only eat what is on my list. I precook my food and bring it everywhere with me.
    I drink water.
    I exercise at a gym.
    I am not a Vegan.
    If I do cheat, it may be with something like chips and hot sauce, or frozen yogurt or ice cream.
    I do not become a glutton during my cheat time and consume mass amounts of food for 45 minutes straight like some crazed animal.

How do I find out what MFP thinks I should eat? I am new to this site. Yes, I created an account long ago and just started using it today. Therefore, I have not had the opportunity to look around the site to see what is what.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

I am 5'5"
    I weigh 152 lbs.
    I am 42 years old
    I drink water.
    I exercise at a gym.
    I am not a Vegan.

How do I find out what MFP thinks I should eat? I am new to this site. Yes, I created an account long ago and just started using it today. Therefore, I have not had the opportunity to look around the site to see what is what.

If you go into settings and enter your information, MFP will spit out a number for you. (and expects you to eat your calories back) If the goal is to aggressive, it will automatically set you up at 1200. Enter your information honestly (such as activity level) and you will get a number.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    No, the nutritionist has not given me insight as to why I am gaining and not loosing. He does not understand it either. He stated he could provide me with a different plan, but I chose not to do so. I already felt like I wasted my money to begin with.

Read through the in place of a road map and PM me with any thoughts/questions. It's a step by step.

I truly believe you just aren't getting enough food. Because 1200 - 400 (burned) only = 800 so your body may be holding onto everything.

thanks. I appreciate your offer. I have read through some of it. I do not have a tape measure in my office, so I will have to do that at home so I can plug in my numbers on the charts.

I hate my computer sometimes... I really do. I had almost finished typing a response & it decided to reload the page and take it away. :explode:

Anyway... Once you get home and are able to get your measurements to plug into the calculators Dan has referenced in his road map, see what you come up with. I realize that the thought of upping calories can be scary, as it flies in the face of everything we've "learned" previously. I would recommend slowly upping the calories by 100-200 per week. Like, say you find that your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, I believe) is 2000, so taking 20% off would be 1600 per day. Rather than jumping from 1200 per day to 1600 per day in one week, maybe up it to 1400 one week, then 1600 the next. And you can still use the sensible program you've outlined previously, just eat more of it. Or add in a snack that you enjoy, or something along those lines.

My stats are similar to yours. I'm 40. I'm 5'5" and started here at MFP at 165 lbs. I now fluctuate between 138-143 or so. I've been in maintenance for a year. At around 140 lbs, I wear a Misses size small top (32D/34C depending on bra), and generally a size 4 or 6 in dress pants and a 6 in jeans. I wear a size 6 dress in off-the-rack clothing. My wedding dress (getting married in 2.5 weeks) is a size 8. I'm a relatively small person these days, even though I weigh around 140 lbs. I work out 3-5 times per week for 35 minutes doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home, burning 220-300 calories per workout. I sit at a desk 5 days per week. I eat about 2000 calories per day most days. While I was losing I ate somewhere between 1500-1800 per day. MFP had me set at 1200 per day originally, which left me feeling like I was starving and I was not happy. It wasn't sustainable for me.

I wish you the best with this, for sure. I know it's not easy trying to figure out the best fit for you. I also really do understand that it's hard to grasp that you can eat more to lose. My best friend fought me on it for a while, but she wasn't losing the way she was doing it. What can it hurt, in all honesty? What you're doing now isn't working, right? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is often defined as insanity, right? So give something different a shot. :flowerforyou:
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I thought your attitude to all the people who had taken the time to answer you was extremely rude.

And you're posting the first response was what? Not rude? Or to "get her back"? Or what? I'm not understanding, because you thought her posts to OTHER people were rude you thought you'd what? Correct her? For what reason? To make yourself feel better? I'm just confused by this.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'd offer my 2 cents worth, as a nearly 42 year old who lost 30 lbs and has kept it off for over 18 months, but you seem to have a death grip on what your nutritionist has prescribed, your "research", your boxing, and unfortunately for you, your lack of results. Someone has said you are "rude" and I disagree. I think you are just locked in to what you think is the best system and not really ready to try changes. TDEE is good. Changing your exercise routine may be a great place. Remember that not everyone with a job title is a knock out at their chosen profession. Liscenced or not. If you're not getting working options, something needs to change.

I've heard it said that if you keep doing the same things over and over, you keep getting similar results. I hope the best for you. I know that feeling uncomfortable in your own skin stinks.
  • homerunbetty
    Options

And you're posting the first response was what? Not rude? Or to "get her back"? Or what? I'm not understanding, because you thought her posts to OTHER people were rude you thought you'd what? Correct her? For what reason? To make yourself feel better? I'm just confused by this.

I truly appreciate you sticking up for me. :) I think it is funny how the individuals that are attacking me about my dietary choices are those that have one or two posts, which is on this thread. It seems like there are trolls out there creating ficticious profiles to bash people. I feel sorry for them and will keep them in my prayers.

I was responding to someone else's post about me being a vegetarian when they deleted their comment. Funny. People do not understand unless they are a vegetarian and have been one for many, many years. It is not a fade. It is not the "thing to do." We had livestock when I was growing up. My cow was butchered when I was a child. I was young and did not understand. It was devestating to me. Therefore, I stopped eating meat. I did not start eating fish until recently because I needed the protein. I do not owe these individuals that are bashing me any explanation. I am explaining to those that are humane and trying to help.