West Coast vs. East Coast

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    The West Coast....of Lake Michigan. Chicago baby!!! Stuffed pizza, great mexican, Steaks grown right here in the Midwest, and the sausages......

Hell yea! Whenever I travel...as much as I love the local foods...it's always great to come home to an amazingly prepared medium rare steak & a baked potato. It seems nobody does rare meat like we do here in Chicago!

Is it weird that I liked the pizza in Detroit better than in Chicago? :(
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a question for Biggie and TuPac....
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a question for Biggie and TuPac....

Does that mean I need to start cappin' fools?
  • Drunx
    Drunx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    california! what...... best weather year round!!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Why make it a contest? I think both coasts, as well as the other regions of America, have their wonderful regional cuisines that can't be found elsewhere. That is part of what makes America unique and special. :drinker:

^^ likes participation trophies
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The West Coast....of Lake Michigan. Chicago baby!!! Stuffed pizza, great mexican, Steaks grown right here in the Midwest, and the sausages......

In. For Illinois sausage. :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    West coast, no contest. SoCal has real Mexican food, seafood, great pizza, awesome burger places, and more.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

And why? Real Mexican food for starters.

lol @ mexican food and west coast. Maybe in deep southern cali close to Mexico. But come here, let's show you what tex mex is all about.

And that's where I live, so? Besides, Texas wasn't one of the options.

And on top of that, "Tex Mex" is not anywhere NEAR real Mexican food. Flour tortilla enchiladas?? CORN in the salsa? Ppppfffffft! :laugh:

...No.

...there are a LOT of immigrants from Mexico who cook authentic stuff here...just saying.

^QFT. There isn't just "Tex-Mex" here, there is also a lot of authentic Mexican food. In fact, I can't even remember ever eating any sort of even Tex-Mex with corn in the salsa or flour tortillas as the main option, so I am not sure what Tex-Mex you are familiar with.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Hell yea! Whenever I travel...as much as I love the local foods...it's always great to come home to an amazingly prepared medium rare steak & a baked potato. It seems nobody does rare meat like we do here in Chicago!

Is it weird that I liked the pizza in Detroit better than in Chicago? :(

Chicago didnt even make the top 10 list this year. But San Diego did. :wink:
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    The Midwest! It has it all! Typical east and west coast folks think there is nothing in the middle! I will put our cooking up against either coast!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The Midwest! It has it all! Typical east and west coast folks think there is nothing in the middle! I will put our cooking up against either coast!

*sigh* As I already stated in the thread, I am aware there is more than just the east and west coasts. I ask about them in particular because that is what the original discussion was about.

Typical midwest folks getting their panties in a wad at being left out....
    :tongue:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Winner winner, double porterhouse dinner
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    East Coast
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hawaii.

Screw your coasts, islands are superior.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    Hawaii.

You do appear to have nice islands.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hawaii.

Why thank you!

hawaiian_islands_244141227_std.gif
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

the midwest is for flying over. chicago has some nice food options but in general the midwest comes in way behind the coasts.

ill give the edge to the west coast for best food.

the south is probably the worst of it all.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    Hawaii.

Why thank you!

hawaiian_islands_244141227_std.gif

Not those islands.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    East coast for the sandwiches (grinders and hoagies and such), chicken wings, and currently even the pizza.
    West coast for the seafood. I just prefer it though I get that there is good seafood on the east coast.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    What coast do you want to win?

I'll choose that one.

:flowerforyou: