West Coast vs. East Coast

Options
123457»

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    LOL...sorry to enhance the cravings...believe me, I know what it's like. When I was pregnant with my son, my mom sent me a Philly care pack. TastyKakes, soft pretzels, meat, cheese, Amoroso rolls for cheesesteaks, and pork roll!!

Haha, I was just thinking about tastykakes. Makes me think we should start a seperate threa for West Coast vs East Coast Sweets Edition. My vote still goes to east coast for Tastykakes, Carlo's Bakery (cake boss), and House of Cupcakes (cupcake wars).

Had some sprinkles and I thought they were REALLY overpriced for such simple flavors.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    LOL...sorry to enhance the cravings...believe me, I know what it's like. When I was pregnant with my son, my mom sent me a Philly care pack. TastyKakes, soft pretzels, meat, cheese, Amoroso rolls for cheesesteaks, and pork roll!!

Haha, I was just thinking about tastykakes. Makes me think we should start a seperate threa for West Coast vs East Coast Sweets Edition. My vote still goes to east coast for Tastykakes, Carlo's Bakery (cake boss), and House of Cupcakes (cupcake wars).

Had some sprinkles and I thought they were REALLY overpriced for such simple flavors.

Cake Boss and Cupcake Wars? No.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Which coast? That covers quite a bit of territory on both sides.

I'll be the PIA who says it depends.

I'll take Low Country BBQ, New York pizza and steak houses, and San Francisco's Chinese food and creative young chefs.

Yea. I picked and chose.

Deal with it.

^this
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    East Coast! I live minutes from Carlos bakery and yuck! Took my kids there to meet Buddy and bought a couple of pastries. Mediocre at best-don't believe the hype!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    East Coast! I live minutes from Carlos bakery and yuck! Took my kids there to meet Buddy and bought a couple of pastries. Mediocre at best-don't believe the hype!

I've heard the quality has taken a nose dive due to cutting costs from increased competition. But at least the bakery in Princeton was still pretty damn good and not overpriced. Good Eats wasn't renewed and now I rarely watch food network. But if I hear about a featured place nearby I'm going to try it. I've probably been to a dozen places ranging across all kinds of cuisine. Thus far only one place has actually been disappointing was Brass Compass Cafe in Rockland ME. Can't believe that thing was the winner on Throwdown.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I'd say Midwest, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there's no italian food around here worth mentioning. So I gotta stick with my roots and say East Coast Baby.... from Maine to Georgia you can find good eatin'
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Maine - Lobster
    Boston - Seafood, Italian food
    Providence - Italian Food, New York System hot weinies!
    Connecticut - New Haven style pizza, seafood, grinders
    Buffalo - Wings
    Long Island - Seafood, pizza, Italian, Greek, bagels, heros
    Jersey - Pizza, bagels, seafood, frozen custard, Italian
    Philly - Cheesesteaks, Italian, hoagies
    Baltimore - Crabs

Oh and New York - Pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean, Indian, steak, Greek, Italian, street vendors, Mr. Softy, German, Irish Pubs, hot dogs, shake shack, French, diners galore...just to name a few

Uh...clearly the east coast wins
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    New York and LA both have amazing food so it is hard to choose……
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Maine - Lobster
    Boston - Seafood, Italian food
    Providence - Italian Food, New York System hot weinies!
    Connecticut - New Haven style pizza, seafood, grinders
    Buffalo - Wings
    Long Island - Seafood, pizza, Italian, Greek, bagels, heros
    Jersey - Pizza, bagels, seafood, frozen custard, Italian
    Philly - Cheesesteaks, Italian, hoagies
    Baltimore - Crabs

Oh and New York - Pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean, Indian, steak, Greek, Italian, street vendors, Mr. Softy, German, Irish Pubs, hot dogs, shake shack, French, diners galore...just to name a few

Uh...clearly the east coast wins

Nope.

Sandwiches? Hot Dogs? Bagels? Pub Food?

Really?

One long weekend in Santa Fe would change any reasonable person's mind.