Cos Play

Options

Replies

• goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I'd love to cosplay at Blizzcon some day! It would be fun to go as Sylvanas Windrunner or Ysera.

Unfortunately, I have no tickets and limited artistic ability.
  • RockabillyHellKat
    RockabillyHellKat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on cosplaying as Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim for Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days in October. That is a part of my motivation to get fit, so I can do the cosplay justice. :wink:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My 17 yr old and 19 yr old sons go to con brava, and anime north all dressed up - they spend weeks getting their stuff together- that being said- I tell them to stay away from people who look any bit older than them, cause there are weirdos as those things... and they get to hide behind a mask. A little creepy.

edited to say sorry- I imply you are all creepers. :laugh:
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely love to do cosplay. I would want an awesome costume and that would entail putting some good money into making it, which I think would be totally awesome. I would also like to lose a little more weight, but no time like the present to get it done.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You don't have to wear a skimpy costume :-) You can adjust it to suit your shape. There was a good thread about this in the London Film and Comic Con group on Facebook recently.

I do want to cosplay but I haven't really had the time to put into it this year. I'm hoping ofr next year :-)
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm a LARPER (live action role play), and I want to do cosplay for the sake of doing cosplay. I have this wicked idea for a Steampunk Jem (from Jem and the Holograms) that I want to get together when I'm in shape for it, and I really REALLY want a go-to Assassin's Creed outfit.
  • AbstractAsterism
    Options
    Question, is CosPlay just about wearing a cool costume? Or do you actually "play," as in use a script or ad lib the role of whatever character's costume you are wearing?

I always assumed it was both, but based on some responses here, I'm beginning to wonder.

LARPing is Live Action Role Play, where you play as the person you're dressed as in a game setting. Cosplay is just dressing up for the sake of dressing up. :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I haven't done official CosPlay yet, having not quite made it to a Con. But I do enjoy a good cosplay party, and have both a Dr Horrible and 11th Doctor (DW) get-up. It's so much fun, and I could see myself really getting into it. As it is, we've always done elaborate piratical costumes for TLAP day, as well as any other excuse we can find to wear them.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    in for pics.

tumblr_ljhyykkhBj1qdog02.gif
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old did Halloween last year as a Hetalia character - Canada, Player 1. She is joining a Cos play club at school this year also focused on Hetalia, and her biggest request for her next birthday gifts are more pieces for costumes... thank goodness Canada is such a "normally" dressed character! The biggest expense right now is the wig with the cute little curl. Lol. However she wants to start going to the ComicCons and I would not be surprised if she gets more ambitious soon. I just like watching the people who are brave enough to dress as some of those characters in public!!!! :)
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    207379_3862842348302_1130950483_n.jpg
    ^^^ I am the one with black hair. This isn't a good picture of my L cosplay but my friend has the pictures
    599377_3066488239947_1996683172_n.jpg
    ^^^^The one with pink hair
    185576_1687515846499_4656581_n.jpg
  • AbstractAsterism
    Options
    A friend of mine and I once dressed up as pirates for Marscon here in Virginia. I was a traditional, she was a steampunk airship pirate. We met a group of ninjas in the hallway.

The ensuing battle was epic.
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to get into this! My two best friends and I are going to Comic-con next year as Harley Quinn (me) and The Joker, and Captain America!! This is going to be awesome!
  • Deja_Thoris
    Deja_Thoris Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my main motivators is getting my body to a point where I would be more comfortable Cosplaying a wider range of characters. Not that my current weight stops me - I've done Carmen Sandiego, Princess Fiona, Agent Scully, Medusa, Lady Stoneheart, The Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, Diva Plavalaguna and more. Currently working on a Scooby/Buffy crossover group, and a Vanellope von Schweetz competition costume. Cosplay is for everyone!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Question, is CosPlay just about wearing a cool costume? Or do you actually "play," as in use a script or ad lib the role of whatever character's costume you are wearing?

I always assumed it was both, but based on some responses here, I'm beginning to wonder.

LARPing is Live Action Role Play, where you play as the person you're dressed as in a game setting. Cosplay is just dressing up for the sake of dressing up. :)

Oh, ok. Thanks! I guess the word "play" is what confused me. It doesn't seem like playing to just wear a costume.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Oh, ok. Thanks! I guess the word "play" is what confused me. It doesn't seem like playing to just wear a costume.

I don't know... my kids "played" in their Bleach soul reaper costumes last Halloween. But they didn't formally act anything out.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just finished crafting these for my defected Chris Redfield costume for MCM expo in October

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I just finished crafting these for my defected Chris Redfield costume for MCM expo in October

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's pretty awesome! I don't even know what you are cos-playing there, but your crafting skills are superior, sir!!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't Cos Play myself, but my daughter does. She is 19 now. Her plan is to where her blue Tutu, matching leotard and pointe shoes but add so that she is a ballerina tardis. It should be very cool. We are going to NYCC.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is neat.