1 slice of bread a day?

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    If you are losing and don't find that 1 slice of bread turns into 2, then that and a bowl of cereal, then cravings, then wanting to eat all the foodz, I don't see any problem. Most carbs are not filling for me at all, so I have to be more careful than some about how/when I consume things like bread.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Bread is ok in moderation. If you were to eat it everyday though I would obviously recommend eating a 5 grain bread or something along those lines. The taste really isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Why obviously? I eat white flour tortillas and/or yellow rice every day. Is that bad.
    Also, why should I est something that I need to get used to the taste of. No thanks. I don't want to eat something that doesn't taste bad, I want something that tastes great.

I'm waiting for someone to post a cauliflower bread recipe here
  • Thanks guys! I guess I can enjoy my carbs after all, in moderation obvs!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    eat the bread.
    the end

people seem to be ignorant on this board.....and I'm new here.

strong 6th post....
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    there are no bad foods.

WRONG......damn cheeseburger took my waist years ago! :sad:

:smile:

Those darn cheeseburglars!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Only carbs I cut out....

oBeiohB.gif
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Everything in moderation. Including moderation.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    there are no bad foods.

Anything high fat/high sugar that isn't that way naturally is a bad food. And even then you shouldn't be eating much of it.
    There are no bad foods!

This!!!

There are NO bad foods. There are bad unhealthy eating habits/patterns.

Repeat after me...it's about moderation NOT deprivation.

Now all together...it's about moderation NOT deprivation.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...

You heard wrong. There are those who promote "low carb" as the secret to weight loss, it's just another way of restricting calories and some people react adversely when cutting back on carbs (there has been credible research linking carb consumption to serotonin production)
  • It really is all about moderation. Read the book Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. One of the best ever.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    In before Taubes is mentioned

Eat the bread
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    1 slice? You should be fine. 2 on the other hand, look out!

But really, everything in moderation.

Love the bread? Eat the bread! :)
  • So if you're trying to lose weight (fat mainly) does it matter what you eat as long as it's calories in vs calories out? I'm not saying I'm gonna eat junk food, but I mean I won't have to do all those "diets" such as atkins or low carb or low fat etc... As long as my macros are balanced right?
  • loveelyds
    loveelyds Posts: 5 Member
    Will eating 1 slice of burgen soya linseed bread a day affect weight loss? I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...but surely wouldn't moderation be the key? I don't really want to give up bread... I usually have it with cottage cheese for breakfast anyways!

no, no, and no ..

over eating prevents weight loss, not eating carbs...

carbs are not the devil! You can eat bread, rice, pasta etc, just make sure you are under on calories and fit the carbs into your daily macro goal...

Thank you! i needed to see this!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    So if you're trying to lose weight (fat mainly) does it matter what you eat as long as it's calories in vs calories out? I'm not saying I'm gonna eat junk food, but I mean I won't have to do all those "diets" such as atkins or low carb or low fat etc... As long as my macros are balanced right?

Correct. You could eat McDonald's (not that you should but you could) all day as long you expend more calories than you take in then you will lose.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Just log the calories for whatever you eat and stay within your limit. If you want a slice of bread - or a slice of chocolate cake - go ahead...just log it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    there are no bad foods.

Anything high fat/high sugar that isn't that way naturally is a bad food. And even then you shouldn't be eating much of it.

Calling foods "bad" is a set-up for disordered eating. There are *NO* bad foods, only bad diets!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    eat the bread.
    the end

people seem to be ignorant on this board.....and I'm new here.

Thats why there are a jillion diets, however, if there are so many diets that are so "wonderful" , why are there so many fat people? why cant people stay on these "diets" for long and say "diets dont work, now i have to get surgery" something must not be working :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...

You heard wrong. There are those who promote "low carb" as the secret to weight loss, it's just another way of restricting calories and some people react adversely when cutting back on carbs (there has been credible research linking carb consumption to serotonin production)

which "diet" would make you lose weight - eating rice, potatos and corn, or eating steak (protein) slobbered with garlic butter, cherries (fruit) pie layered with gobs of ice cream and whip cream and warmed up in the oven.. hey you are eating protein and fruit! so why cant someone lose eating that protein and that fruit? hmmmm ;)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Only carbs I cut out....

oBeiohB.gif

Spoken like a true political hack. Way to twist the topic away from yummy bread to old fat politicians.