Subway for supper... Best options ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    get the meatball one...with extra meatballs, extra sauce and extra cheese...

and no bun....

it'll explode all over your hands while you eat it...

then explode all out of your guts when it's done with you.

EASY peasy.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    We all have different needs and likes...so put whatever you want in your mouth.
    Subway has lots of choices!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Foot long Italian BMT, with Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, olives, onion, yellow pepper rings, jalapenos, and black pepper.

Rigger
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Subway-Menu-00e05.png
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The ones I eat are the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on Italian bread and the Meatball Marinara on Italian bread. No cheese, about half of the toppings and I switch them up depending on the flavors I want.
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I normally get oven roasted chicken with cheese and some veggies. Be careful on what dressing (if you have one) you choose! I was adding almost 100 calories to my sandwich and didn't realize it! damn southwest chipotle!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Opinions please !

Best option would be to go to a nice pizza joint or legit italian deli and get a sandwich

Listen to this guy. He has the most drool inducing food pics ever. :love:
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When I do subway, there is how I make my sandwich:

footlong 9-grain wheat
    roasted chicken breast (double meat if I need a protein boost that day)
    toasted with the following veggies on it:
    tomatoes
    bell peppers
    black olives
    onions
    salad peppers (pepperoncini)
    then, after toasting:
    one line of honey mustard
    cucumbers
    spinach

Nutritional info for this configuration (with single meat):
    470 - Calories
    94g - Carbs
    10g - Fat
    46g - Protein
    1,220mg - Sodium
    16g - Sugar

I sometimes swap the roasted chicken for roast beef. Both are great for protein. This sandwich serves me well, and I can get it in just about any place I travel to, but it's not something I eat every day.
  • mmkaye
    mmkaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Someone may have mentioned this already but if you go to their website you can "build" your own sandwich and it will give you the nutrition facts and calories.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like a veggie delight on whatever type of bread, scooped, no cheese, egg whites, avocado, spicy brown mustard, all of the veggies except the lettuce (spinach in its place), and black pepper. 574 calories ft long.

I skip the cheese because I cannot taste it in the sub anyways.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Josh - I think your sandwich is going to be twice that for a footlong. I do essentially the same thing with a 6" and it's 400 KCal. Double check the math on their website.
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have subway literally everyday for lunch and I'm down 60 lbs. I can usually get a 6" and stay under 400 calories no matter the sandwich. I load it with ALL the veggies and it makes for a HUGE sandwich and keeps me full for hours. Skip the cheese and go "easy" light mayo and you can do okay for the most part no matter the sandwich.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Josh - I think your sandwich is going to be twice that for a footlong. I do essentially the same thing with a 6" and it's 400 KCal. Double check the math on their website.
    You are exactly correct. I had switched the serving size in grams with the galories. Whoops! I fixed it in my food diary entry thanks to your keen eye.

The rest of the info is correct, per subway's site, but the Calories (or kcal) should be 640. The *serving size* is 470g :)