1 slice of bread a day?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    So if you're trying to lose weight (fat mainly) does it matter what you eat as long as it's calories in vs calories out? I'm not saying I'm gonna eat junk food, but I mean I won't have to do all those "diets" such as atkins or low carb or low fat etc... As long as my macros are balanced right?

Correct. You could eat McDonald's (not that you should but you could) all day as long you expend more calories than you take in then you will lose.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just log the calories for whatever you eat and stay within your limit. If you want a slice of bread - or a slice of chocolate cake - go ahead...just log it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Anything high fat/high sugar that isn't that way naturally is a bad food. And even then you shouldn't be eating much of it.

Calling foods "bad" is a set-up for disordered eating. There are *NO* bad foods, only bad diets!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    eat the bread.
    the end

people seem to be ignorant on this board.....and I'm new here.

Thats why there are a jillion diets, however, if there are so many diets that are so "wonderful" , why are there so many fat people? why cant people stay on these "diets" for long and say "diets dont work, now i have to get surgery" something must not be working :)
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...

You heard wrong. There are those who promote "low carb" as the secret to weight loss, it's just another way of restricting calories and some people react adversely when cutting back on carbs (there has been credible research linking carb consumption to serotonin production)

which "diet" would make you lose weight - eating rice, potatos and corn, or eating steak (protein) slobbered with garlic butter, cherries (fruit) pie layered with gobs of ice cream and whip cream and warmed up in the oven.. hey you are eating protein and fruit! so why cant someone lose eating that protein and that fruit? hmmmm ;)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Only carbs I cut out....

oBeiohB.gif

Spoken like a true political hack. Way to twist the topic away from yummy bread to old fat politicians.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

You heard wrong. There are those who promote "low carb" as the secret to weight loss, it's just another way of restricting calories and some people react adversely when cutting back on carbs (there has been credible research linking carb consumption to serotonin production)

which "diet" would make you lose weight - eating rice, potatos and corn, or eating steak (protein) slobbered with garlic butter, cherries (fruit) pie layered with gobs of ice cream and whip cream and warmed up in the oven.. hey you are eating protein and fruit! so why cant someone lose eating that protein and that fruit? hmmmm ;)

What? Run on sentence much.
    What the heck are you trying to say?

She's confusing calorie count with what is being eaten.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I looked at this for five minutes and could not translate..

anyone?
  • NonnyMary
    Options

anyone?

haha sorry.. count it as writing out as i am thinking.

translation - Which would be better to eat - rice, corn, potatos? Or protein and fruit consisting of a big steak slathered with garlic butter and cherry pie? the 2nd is protein and fruit, but which of the two choices (each sentence) will be better for your diet?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

anyone?

haha sorry.. count it as writing out as i am thinking.

translation - Which would be better to eat - rice, corn, potatos? Or protein and fruit consisting of a big steak slathered with garlic butter and cherry pie? the 2nd is protein and fruit, but which of the two choices (each sentence) will be better for your diet?

steak with cherry pie on it...what the hell?????

what if you had steak and cherry pie and were under your calorie goal for day?
  • shakey68
    shakey68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with My Journey 1960 100%. All in moderation.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bread
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Is butter a carb?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I love bagels. I eat bagels. I am losing weight.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Will eating 1 slice of burgen soya linseed bread a day affect weight loss? I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...but surely wouldn't moderation be the key? I don't really want to give up bread... I usually have it with cottage cheese for breakfast anyways!

They will not inhibit weightloss providing you eat at a deficit in your daily calorie amount.

Potatoes by the way are good for Potassium, they are a good food.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Is butter a carb?

Butter is a fat.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Every single food item is ok to eat....in moderation! Like someone else said, you could eat 1200 calories worth of bread and still lose weight. Good luck!