Locker Room Awkwardness

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Gyms I used to belong to years ago were very open concept...not any more. We seem to be going backwards. Now the shower area is behind a wall in the back of the locker room and each stall is a separate cubby (with an space to undress), there are separate dressing rooms with full doors. The locker room area is strictly for stowing your gear...not for dressing or undressing. I have not seen ANYONE anywhere NEAR naked because the place is really set up to avoid that. As for me, I have never had a problem with anyone's nudity but I get their hint and keep myself covered.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    At what point did you get over your locker room awkwardness??

At what point in weight loss/getting fit journey do you say "IDGAF I will be naked in front of all these people and it will be great"????

Prison showers. One day I realized it was good to just make it out without being shanked. Naked was better. It's hard to hide weapons when you're naked.

tumblr_lshn230VJP1qf2a5vo1_500.gif
  • laurenevamarkie
    Options
    I once had a naked woman ask me if I had a tampon t give her. THAT is awkward. People getting changed is normal.
    That is well beyond awkward. :noway:
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Still kind of awkward undressing in the locker rooms, but like one woman pointed out to me in the fitness center of an Air Force base:

"After peeing in a bottle for twenty years, you kind of forget about modesty."
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I feel awkward showering by myself.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    The fact that I don't know anybody in there, and don't care what they think of me, makes it all less awkward for me. I would feel differently showering or getting nekkid with people I knew outside of random locker room sightings. I am a naturally modest person, so I get where you're coming from. But who cares what strangers think?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    At what point did you get over your locker room awkwardness??

At what point in weight loss/getting fit journey do you say "IDGAF I will be naked in front of all these people and it will be great"????

Prison showers. One day I realized it was good to just make it out without being shanked. Naked was better. It's hard to hide weapons when you're naked.

tumblr_lshn230VJP1qf2a5vo1_500.gif

3/10 would shank!!
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, NEVER? This is high up on the list of icky stuff, for me. I had to start working out AFTER work in order to even convince myself to go to the gym at all! LOL
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Not sure I ever want to.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem changing in my locker room. I think it's awkward girls/women go running into the bathroom stalls to change. & trust me I'm not trying to see your "goods" when I have my own to look at.

Yesterday I was putting my heart rate monitor on and I like to have it tucked under my bra, needless to say some lady couldn't get enough. Way to make it obvious you are staring at my boobs.
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I have no idea at all why this is even an issue if your that afraid of public interaction like that then you should never leave your home..it is such a waste of ones energy to even care who sees you naked or who you see naked..
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I hate it. I don't get naked in a locker room (EVER) and it's awkward for me when other people do. That's just who I am. I believe that you should save your naked-ness for your husband or boyfriend or doctor and that should be it. I'm a very private person, so that's just how I am. I just pass-by the naked people and head to the stall to use the bathroom. That's really all I ever go in there for.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I enjoy making people feel awkward in the locker room. You can spot the awkward feeling people a mile away. They over cover themselves, always avoid eye contact. I like to throw my towel over my shoulder instead of wrap it. This way my penis is exposed completely.

Then I like to plant myself in their way, and pretend I am doing something and don't notice them trying to figure out how to get by me.

I also like to stand there in all my nakedness and start an in-depth conversation with them about deep things which you can't end easily. I always ask open ended questions so they can't just give a yes or no and dash away. It's fun to watch them squirm.

I will stand there with one leg on the bench, and let my dangle angle in their direction as i get things out of my locker and they are trapped in the cubby there needing me to move to get out.

I can't wait until I am an old man, and my *kitten* hangs to my knees! That will make for added pleasure.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It is only awkward when a tranger starts talking to you and gets into you personal space then you realize you are both naked, tough to maintain eye contact with him.....
  • YoBecca
    Options
    I have no idea at all why this is even an issue if your that afraid of public interaction like that then you should never leave your home..it is such a waste of ones energy to even care who sees you naked or who you see naked..

Yes, these are your options: be cool with everyone seeing you naked, or else stay home FOREVER! Totes makes sense.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

Yes, these are your options: be cool with everyone seeing you naked, or else stay home FOREVER! Totes makes sense.
    lol I don't like the options, either.
  • YoBecca
    Options

lol I don't like the options, either.

THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!! My new motto: "Go naked or go home!" How dare people have basic modesty after a lifetime of being taught to be ashamed of their bodies!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Once I realized the world did not revolve around me.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me it was awkward because I just don't want to see other women's parts, and when I joined my gym and started using the locker room it was culture shock for me. I still don't want to see other women's parts, even if they are in shape. I do undress now at my locker instead of making a b-line to a stall because I just don't have time for that all the time. It still gets awkward when I remember that even though we're all women in the locker room, not all of us are heterosexual. So I could be entertaining eyes that I don't want to entertain.

I find it laughable that you assume that all gay women are aroused by you and your body, or that they're in the gym locker room for the eye-feast, rather than because they just worked out and need to shower before work. Believe me, your "parts" are safe.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    For me it was awkward because I just don't want to see other women's parts, and when I joined my gym and started using the locker room it was culture shock for me. I still don't want to see other women's parts, even if they are in shape. I do undress now at my locker instead of making a b-line to a stall because I just don't have time for that all the time. It still gets awkward when I remember that even though we're all women in the locker room, not all of us are heterosexual. So I could be entertaining eyes that I don't want to entertain.

Don't flatter yourself, Hun.