Any teachers out there? Anybody work in a school?

Options
2»

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a K-6 Music teacher in two schools - 1500 students. I pretty much run from 8:00-3:30, but I get up at 5:00 a.m., work out, shower, get my daughter and I out the door by 7:15 a.m. I have to be at school at 7:45 a.m.

As for food, for breakfast I make egg mugs (Hungry Girl got me started on those, so fast!) or get Subway flatbread sandwiches with egg white, ham and cheese. I add tomato to it sometimes.

Lunches get tricky. I really like the Healthy Choice Asian Potstickers frozen meal - I have to keep myself from eating it every day! If you don't have access to a microwave, I have put sandwich fillings inside Flat Out wraps with spinach instead of lettuce.. Tuna salad is good made with lime juice and 1 T of ranch dressing instead of mayo. I will round it out with fruit and Greek yogurt. Our school also offers a turkey sandwich and salads. Sometimes they will work if I'm behind on the grocery shopping.

Check out the cookbook, "Eating For Life". There are good lunch ideas there. The Greek Pinwheels (actually a "Mid Meal", but works for lunch) are yummy! It's the book I go to again and again.