Haters - a rant

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So... you're 50 years old and use terms like "haters"

I think I see the problem.

So, there's a specific age for the use of that word? Huh.

Yeah, <15

QFT
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Not at all. Everyone knows maturity doesn't necessarily come with age.

Use of the word "haters" indicates a mentality that others might be out to get you or have an agenda against you, which is a generally juvenile perspective, unless you are maybe an international religious or political figure.

Or Miley Cyrus. She has haters.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Use of the word "haters" indicates a mentality that others might be out to get you or have an agenda against you, which is a generally juvenile perspective, unless you are maybe an international religious or political figure.

You, yeah you. I'm in love. :flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

In for Miley hatin'

will-smith-jaden-willow-reaction-miley-cyrus-vmas-2013.jpg
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    So I've been pretty proud of myself. By eating better than I ever have, and exercising (running, yoga) I'm almost at my initial goal of 145.

This week I received an email with a link to an article from a good friend, because "he loves me." The article was written by a woman who used to work for one of the meal plan diets, and completely bashes them. But that's not what I'm doing?

Then another friend started announcing, loudly and to anyone that would listen, that I was wearing my new "Levi's no-*kitten* jeans". On several occasions.

Tonight I stopped for coffee and the clerk, who has known me for years, told me I look "scrawny".

I am 5'8" and currently weigh about 147.

Every one of these well-wishers is (just a guess) well over 250 pounds. I have never, and would never, say A SINGE WORD to them about their weight. I don't understand why they feel like it's ok to do so. It's hurtful and completely negates how hard I have worked. Were there times I would have liked to have a piece of cake and didn't? Yup. Are there times I don't feel like running? Eff yeah.

I started this journey to celebrate my 50th birthday. It's been much easier than I would have believed, and I wish I had done it sooner. And it's for me.

That is why they are the size they are and you are the size you are. You are too skinny for them.... and that is their problem. they must have accepted their large size and if they look at you and think that, then that is why they will continue to stay fat. Actually its a compliment coming from them to you because they must think their largeness is attractive. But they are seeing it from their overweight perspective.
  • MistleToeSter
    MistleToeSter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So I've been pretty proud of myself. By eating better than I ever have, and exercising (running, yoga) I'm almost at my initial goal of 145.

This week I received an email with a link to an article from a good friend, because "he loves me." The article was written by a woman who used to work for one of the meal plan diets, and completely bashes them. But that's not what I'm doing?

Then another friend started announcing, loudly and to anyone that would listen, that I was wearing my new "Levi's no-*kitten* jeans". On several occasions.

Tonight I stopped for coffee and the clerk, who has known me for years, told me I look "scrawny".

Every one of these well-wishers is (just a guess) well over 250 pounds. I have never, and would never, say A SINGE WORD to them about their weight. I don't understand why they feel like it's ok to do so. It's hurtful and completely negates how hard I have worked. Were there times I would have liked to have a piece of cake and didn't? Yup. Are there times I don't feel like running? Eff yeah.

I started this journey to celebrate my 50th birthday. It's been much easier than I would have believed, and I wish I had done it sooner. And it's for me.

You threaten people. Losing weight threatens the status quo of others.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Bless_this_post.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

In for Miley hatin'

will-smith-jaden-willow-reaction-miley-cyrus-vmas-2013.jpg

This image remains hilarious.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    In my opinion those who put others down are not that happy ...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Aw, you got your grumble pants on.

As always! :drinker:

Me too. :)

I'm just looking for something to grumble about. Heh.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If you don't correct them, it will continue. I suggest the following reply for the next time this happens: "Your comment was rude and uncalled for. Please feel free to keep your opinions about me to yourself."
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It took me a while but I figured out the correct response for me. "I'm sorry, I don't take diet advice from fat people, but thanks anyway".
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
  • ChristieFlowers
    Options
    They're just being spiteful and hateful! People assume it's fine to make fun of thinner people- just reply "I don't comment on your weight because it's inappropriate and I feel the same way about you commenting on mine"
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    If you're doing this the healthy way, then screw them! They're not your real friends and you're not losing the weight for them. The best revenge is to show that you're doing better. Best of luck.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Best way to "kill" this.......................with kindness. Smile, and say thanks. Pisses them off every time because they know you aren't taking their advice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Oh, do I ever know where you are coming from, except it has been kind of the opposite lately. I've lost 18 pounds and all my friends are in awe and want to know how I'm doing it. (My answer- burning more calories than I take in. :laugh: ).

Right now, I can get my size 6 Polo jeans pulled up and zipped, and I am wearing some of my old clothes. I'm happy.

Well, when I first wore those size 6 polo jeans, people said I was too skinny, and one person even made the comment while looking me up and down, "Well, why don't you go eat a big fat hamburger or something. You're too thin."

You know, the way I see, those comments are all about them and really have nothing to do with the person they are speaking to. Be proud of your success! I know I'm proud of mine.
  • madcitytab
    madcitytab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling most people comment on how great I look and how have you done it but sometimes someone will say you are starting to look sickly. I love my new body and so should you. Don't let the hates bring you down.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Edit: The joke has already been made.