Locker Room Awkwardness

Options

Replies

• cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [Don't flatter yourself, Hun.
    [/quote]

Well you haven't seen her naked yet so how can you comment? do you wear really dark sunglasses in the group shower?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

Well you haven't seen her naked yet so how can you comment? do you wear really dark sunglasses in the group shower?
    [/quote]

So because they like vajayjay they are beasting to check her out? I find it insulting that if I like the same sex I am going to treat the locker room as a candy store.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Because:
    (A) I'm an adult and can easily distinguish between situations in which looking at someone naked and getting aroused is appropriate, and situations in which people are just minding their own business and I should too.
    (B) Being gay doesn't make you want to have sex with all women, all the time. Regardless of their state of undress.
    (C) I have a wife at home and I'd rather look at her than all y'all. That's one of the reasons we got married.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Take a cadaver class or work in a nursing home once youve seen one naked body youve seen them all
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    No-one is looking at you naked. No-one cares.

not true..i care
  • cstoney2013
    Options

So because they like vajayjay they are beasting to check her out? I find it insulting that if I like the same sex I am going to treat the locker room as a candy store.
    [/quote]

haha, this post is great! well I guess the locker room makes everyone uncomfortable and insulted....I guess aviod them if you are that much of a prude. If a dude checks me out, it does not ruin my day...
  • cstoney2013
    Options
    Take a cadaver class or work in a nursing home once youve seen one naked body youve seen them all

excellant point!! that is true!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Even when i was fit i wasn't comfortable with situations like this (And avoided them at all costs.) hasn't changed, will never change. I haven't been to a gym in 15 years that had military style showers though. I can't believe there are still places like that. Every gym I've been to has separate showers with closures and dressing rooms..

i guess some parts of the world are still in the stone ages?

That said I don't shower at the gym. I wait til I get home.
  • morgain5
    morgain5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that weight was supposed to make me uncomfortable with nudity. I'm nude whenever I'm home alone. I frequently wear just a T-shirt and undies when my roommates or *close* friends are around. At one store I, saw a shirt that only came in XL-4XL sizes that said "I have the body of a goddess". I lived in a house where my mother and sister both ran around in their underwear, or less.
    When I am around other women in a state of undress, I remember that we're all a little awkward around people that we don't know. What you have to do is differentiate between "nudity" and "nakedness". "Nudity" is merely the state of having no clothes on. "Nakedness" is vulnerability. Make the decision to be "nude" instead of "naked" when you're in the locker room. If you need to practice, try being nude at home. Walk from the shower to your bedroom with no clothes on. Have a short conversation with your Significant Other without acknowledging that you don't have clothes on. In time, you will find that you become more comfortable in your own skin. And the people who see you and have a problem with it, well.... That's *their* problem!
    I hope this helps?
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    For me it depends. I have two gyms that I go to. A gym that I've been a member at for about 15 years, and the whole change room thing doesn't bother me at all there. I just go about my business and don't worry about anyone else.

The second gym however is at my work. My company happens to have a decent size gym on site for employees. There I find the locker room situation a bit awkward. Don't necessarily want to see or be seen by co-workers, bosses or subordinates naked. The gym is a very well used, and there is ALWAYS someone you know there.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    After going to a Hamam in Turkey and then frequenting Korean spas locally. I also workout at a university gym, and I find most of the girls are very shy and get changed in private. I change quickly and publicly facing my locker. If you're looking, you're gonna see a boob or maybe even 2. I think Americans are very hung up on nudity. I guess it's that whole Puritanical influence.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I feel awkward showering by myself.

Seriously. And are we supposed to wash our own backs? Sounds like a good way to pull a muscle. Maybe it's from having multitudes of female roommates over the years but I don't think anything about walking around a locker room naked. I did witness one really awkward moment when my friend helped a half naked older woman wrestle a much too small bathing suit over her head ....I didn't help; I just watched.
  • Bubba_Furley
    Bubba_Furley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For me it was awkward because I just don't want to see other women's parts, and when I joined my gym and started using the locker room it was culture shock for me. I still don't want to see other women's parts, even if they are in shape. I do undress now at my locker instead of making a b-line to a stall because I just don't have time for that all the time. It still gets awkward when I remember that even though we're all women in the locker room, not all of us are heterosexual. So I could be entertaining eyes that I don't want to entertain.

I bet its awkward for you to go a lot of places.... Since we are EVERYWHERE...

I mean I don't know about anyone else but I only go to the YMCA for their open locker rooms.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Actually, Once you have seen two naked bodies, you have seen them all..
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I would like to be like that but i dont know if i could. I was raised so strict about that. Even me and my sisters never change in front of each other. Unless its a dire circumstance lol and then we all face away like we're the three musketeers or something.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm completely comfortable--I think from working out years ago at a gym where everyone was very comfortable. Now, if anything, I'm uncomfortable about the modesty in my current locker room. I wish people were more okay with being naked. I feel like I have to dress quickly and in stages so I don't make others uncomfortable. I'm always shocked when I actually see any lady parts :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever be comfortable undressing in the locker room. The gym I go to my boyfriend works at so I personally know quite a few of the people there.. and yeah, it's just kind of weird.
    Either way though, I don't run off into the bathroom or something. I arrive and leave in my gym clothes. I'll lift my shirt to put on my HRM but that's about it.

Some people just have more body confidence than others. Lots of confident women at my local Y for sure :tongue:
  • kellz248
    kellz248 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once u feel comfortable to drop clothes ou will. I like to do it when no body is around but I know people that have no problem dropping everything doesn't matter size weight race when u feel sexy or ready you will :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I loathe being naked with strangers. I don't mind a daytime skinny dipping adventure with my best friends on vacation, but with people I'm not very close to? NOPE.

nope.gif
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    After being traumatized by the sight of other naked dudes in jr. high, I made a vow to never be naked in "public" again...how utterly disgusting. I put a dry shirt on, go home and take a shower.