What's so great about avocado, anyway?

Options
2»

Replies

• cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I could care less about it being healthy. I love freaking LOVE guacamole. Just wanna roll around in it.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat avocado because guacamole is one of the greatest things ever.
    Yes. Yes! YES!!!
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I could care less about it being healthy. I love freaking LOVE guacamole. Just wanna roll around in it.

That's what I remember of it!

But now even seeing the green coming on a plate of Mexican food at a restaurant (even if I say to hold it, which happens 80% of the time) I almost get paralyzed with fear for a second. Then I realize it's just food and it can only hurt me in my mouth :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It's also another carryover from the current Paleo trend. Same with the current trend of eating a pound of bacon in a sitting or cooking everything in an inch of saturated fat.

The thing is that a paleo diet is no good for people who aren't doing the kind of exercise that actually uses the caloric intake paleo suggests. That's why most crossfitters swear by paleo; it fuels their workouts. But will it work for a distance runner? Not really, no.

Cherry picking items out of a paleo diet is gonna become pretty dangerous sooner or later, if it hasn't already.

Huh?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

It's also another carryover from the current Paleo trend. Same with the current trend of eating a pound of bacon in a sitting or cooking everything in an inch of saturated fat.

The thing is that a paleo diet is no good for people who aren't doing the kind of exercise that actually uses the caloric intake paleo suggests. That's why most crossfitters swear by paleo; it fuels their workouts. But will it work for a distance runner? Not really, no.

Cherry picking items out of a paleo diet is gonna become pretty dangerous sooner or later, if it hasn't already.

What if you ate those things before paleo? because I totally ate them like that before paleo even became popular.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    MMMMM! Sorry OP but Avocado and Bacon are two of my favourites. Love both.....
  • They taste and feel like slimy soap to me. Gag.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I only eat avocado because apparently that is what guacamole is and guacamole is awesome.Other than that, if you wanted to simulate the effects of guacamole, you could substitue nacho cheese, ranch dip, salsa, french onion...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    What if you ate those things before paleo? because I totally ate them like that before paleo even became popular.

How are you even still alive?
  • brownsdown
    brownsdown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wocamolay.....inside joke for stern fans
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    They taste like buttah...yummers!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I think I've eaten avocado only once, I don't like it.
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They're pretty nutrient dense, but so are a lot of foods. Nothing in an avocado you can't get somewhere else.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

102b23848cfeaa4bbcf0fd1daf46b2bf.jpg

:laugh:
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

What? Cherry picking out of paleo ? Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah, don't eat any grass fed beef, or free range pastured eggs without throwing out the yolk, and oh no stop eating all those green vegetables and heavens stay away from nuts. All that natural food is too....well...it's too healthy for your body...go get some processed food full of MSG and HFCS instead, stay away from healthy paleo food everyone, it's way too healthy, your body needs more....ahhhhh....biochemical challenge...yeah that's it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    1 avocado has enough fiber for the day. plus it's delicious.