• pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oatmeal (100cal) or
    an egg (90cal), cheese (fat free 30 cal), bagel thin(110) sandwich for 230
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't track like that; I track by windows. My morning window is 6AM - 10AM. Within this time frame I usually eat breakfast and a snack. Plus my pre-workout drink. Usually around 700 calories.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I stick to between 250 and 300 cals. I don't eat lunch though, plenty of cups of tea. Then dinner around 500/600. Leaves some spares for an evening snack with my coffee.
    But it has to work for you.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 500 and 1200 :D
  • JCMA94
    JCMA94 Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't worry about the calories as you are gaining nutrients such as selenium, vitamin a and a a lot of protein and 'good' fat from the nuts. If it keeps you full I would say it is fine for breakfast but if you are really concerned, split the serving in half and have the second half for a snack later in the day. Typically I have 200-500 calories for breakfast depending on whether I have oats with whey protein or if I make myself a healthy vegetarian 'full English'. Remember it should be nutrient over calories :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My breakfast ranges between just a couple of cups of coffee to 250 - 450 for either porridge, weetabix or an omelette.

700 isn't excessive if you are a morning eater and it works for you. I like to eat at night so I tend to have a heavy dinner. Everyone is different.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think it is up to you how you spend your calories, and it should not be a problem as long as you stay within your limits.

The recipe sounds very good! I think that I will make it and use it in my yogurt. Much better for you than the pre-made granola.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    my breakfast usually is around 244 calories. 2 cups of coffee and a protein shake. Not a breakfast eater but need something to start the day! 700 is more then half my daily intake so to much for me!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Around 1000-1500 cals, usually after my workout, around 2pm but as late as 6pm
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the calories as you are gaining nutrients such as selenium, vitamin a and a a lot of protein and 'good' fat from the nuts. If it keeps you full I would say it is fine for breakfast but if you are really concerned, split the serving in half and have the second half for a snack later in the day. Typically I have 200-500 calories for breakfast depending on whether I have oats with whey protein or if I make myself a healthy vegetarian 'full English'. Remember it should be nutrient over calories :)

Yea that's what I was thinking, it's full of good stuff, just scares you a bit seeing 700cal on your breakfast entry! Lol
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Yea that's what I was thinking, it's full of good stuff, just scares you a bit seeing 700cal on your breakfast entry! Lol

I eat 300-420 for breakfast, mainly because I like to have at least half of my calories in the evening but can't see anything wrong in what you are doing. It'll certainly give you day time energy! Splitting it into 2 portions is also a really good idea to stave off hunger later.
  • EmAnCiNaS
    EmAnCiNaS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have almost 2000 cals allocated per day as I'm doing insanity, so as long as I have a low cal lunch and a normal portion dinner it shouldn't be a problem right? Maybe this granola is better suited to sprinkling on yoghurt lol

How do you enter your workouts in? i have been doing Tapot xt and i still dont know how to add the work out to my days :(
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have almost 2000 cals allocated per day as I'm doing insanity, so as long as I have a low cal lunch and a normal portion dinner it shouldn't be a problem right? Maybe this granola is better suited to sprinkling on yoghurt lol

How do you enter your workouts in? i have been doing Tapot xt and i still dont know how to add the work out to my days :(

I'm not, I'm just following the calorie allowance given by the insanity nutrition program. I allow myself a couple hundred extra of healthy calories if I'm still hungry though. It's much easier with a heart rate monitor, I'll be getting one as soon as I can afford it so then I know for sure how many calories I'm burning!
  • EmAnCiNaS
    EmAnCiNaS Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I'm not, I'm just following the calorie allowance given by the insanity nutrition program. I allow myself a couple hundred extra of healthy calories if I'm still hungry though. It's much easier with a heart rate monitor, I'll be getting one as soon as I can afford it so then I know for sure how many calories I'm burning!

thats a good idea, i was thinking about getting one, but most of them are so expensive!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    138: Protein powder+Coffee, at roughly 10am. Then food between 12-2pm
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    little over 800 for breakfast/lunch, I eat usually 2 meals a day
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah, granola is killer. Lots of fat, lots of sugar...too bad it's so yummy.

My breakfast is usually about 300 - 400 calories. I am a breakfast lover and could care less about dinner so I tend to eat well in the morning.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ~570 calories

2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 2 slices of back bacon and flax seed toast.