calling all non-moms!

Options
hey peoples! i'm wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in starting a group for non-moms! the reason i would like to do so is that it seems like many women on here losing are losing post pregnancy weight. well, i don't have that excuse...i'm just losing the weight that my, myself and i put on, eating for one, not two! i don't know if there is any real difference in those kinds of weight loss or not, but it would still like to connect with a group that have gotten overweight on their own, and not through pregnancy. i'm thinking along the lines of the usual group thing...trading tips, celebrating weigh-ins (whether the scale goes up or down!), setting up some weekly or monthly challenges, and of course, offering encouragement and venting grounds! any takers?

Replies

• Rubycherries
    Options
    I'm in! I, also, have put on all that weight all by myself! Like you i have noticed that quite a few women here are mommy and sometimes you feel quite left off.

And i'm up for some weekly challenges! Gotta get the motivation going!
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    I'm not a mom...and I'd like to be one day after I've gotten into some better shape!!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I'm at my GW but would love to try to maintain my good work and continue to tone up!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I gained all this weight by myself :3
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    i'm in! I have no babies to blame my love handles on!!!
  • sikorak
    Options
    I want in as well. ;D I gained all my weight, alone and need motivation!! :smile:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You can count me in! I've put on so much weight after years of fertility treatment etc only to never become pregnant and have it last. I will be a mummy next year when our adopted children finally come home so I may happily leave you then but until then please can I join you? xxx
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • randilea
    Options
    I'm In!
  • Count me in! Sounds like a fun group.

Amy
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I put this weight on by myself, no one else to blame. I need an extra push!!!
    Are we doing weigh-in's on a certain day?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm a step-mom does that count? He never made me chubby, I did that all on my own...geez if i ate the way my step-son does i wouldn't be so chubby lol
  • nehptune
    Options
    i'm in too!
    all those lunchtime burritos crept up on me and i now have ~15lbs to lose, and it's HARD!
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in! All the weight I put on is because of me and bad eating habits!
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Count me in. i need something new for motivation
  • jenni185
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I put this weight on by myself, no one else to blame. I need an extra push!!!

I weigh in on Mondays (because I fall off the wagon on weekends) to remind myself what I'm doing this week
  • scarlettbleu
    Options
    Count me in! No kiddies to blame for those extra pounds!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • nehptune
    Options

I weigh in on Mondays (because I fall off the wagon on weekends) to remind myself what I'm doing this week

i weigh in mondays too... but sometimes i wish i didn't!!