GOAL! 11 months, 91 pounds lost! BEFORE / AFTER PICTURES!!!

Options
Mcgrawhaha
Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
I MADE IT!!! 245 TO 155 IN JUST UNDER 1 YEAR!!! Well… 154.9 as of today!

I started my weight loss on September 17, 2012 at 246 pounds, my highest weight ever! I am 5 foot 10, so, I am pretty tall! I had never been at a normal weight as an adult, so I had no idea what weight I would be happy at... I STARTED AT A SIZE 20, AND i AM NOW FITTING INTO A SIZE 4! This, in just under 1 year!!!

I am a 33 year old mother of 5 kids, between the ages of 15 and 7. I am married, and also a full time student. I am also "mom" to 2 dogs, and 4 cats. My husband was injured in a head on car accident in 2009, leaving him with a fractured spine, putting a lot of extra responsibilities on myself. My 13 year old son has a heart condition along with asthma, which leaves us with many doctors visits, ER trips, and hospital stays. My 4 daughters are avid softball players, and so I am shuttle for them to all their practices, games, team parties, etc. My point... IM BUSY!

My original goal was 199. I just wanted to be out of the 200's... I reached that goal on December 31, 2012, just 3 months after beginning. I then decided to make a goal of 185, being so tall, I figured this might be a nice weight. Well, I hit that weight, and still was not content... I then set a goal of 175, however, that goal was met, and I knew there was still more to lose. I set my goal for 155, and just recently met that goal. I am actually happy at this weight, however, with it being a 91 pound loss, I think it would be neat to be able to say, I lost 101 pounds! So, my new long term goal is to reach 145, and no lower. At 145, I will have lost 101 pounds, and that sounds so cool to me! I am happy with my 91 pound loss, in just under 1 year, and still cant believe I made it!

I had tried to lose weight numerous times before, however, I always lasted only a few weeks, then gave up. I have an all or nothing personality. I don't just want 8 chips and 1/2 bowl of salsa at a Mexican restaurant, I want more! Id rather eat a small amount on most days, just to have 1 day where I don't have to watch my intake, or count calories. With this in mind, I designed my own plan, that worked great for me. It fit my lifestyle, and kept my husband and kids happy by still allowing them days where they didn't have to live in my low calorie world.

HERES WHAT “I” DID... THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ***ME***

-1200 calories per day, food always measured and weighed... MFP set me at calories which were a couple hundred more each day, but I chose 1200, and mentally use the extra calories on my 2 crazy binge days each month.

- Work out 4-5 times per week, however, I do NOT eat back my exercise calories. I run about 2-3 miles per day M-F. Along with my cardio, I strength train for about 30 minutes, 3-5 times per week.

- Every other Saturday, I take a break from "dieting" and eat as I please. I still log, just so I know the "damage" I did (lol) I eat an average of 4500 calories on these 2 days per month. This gives me the opportunity to satisfy my cravings, have fun without calorie counting, and plan special occasions... for me, its like a mental reset, make it 2 weeks at a time, instead of looking at it as a long road of “dieting…”

c21cd7a6-9bbb-407a-b892-c1f829853ad8_zpsf081519c.jpg

FAT3_zps9c2f4610.jpg

FAT2_zps392b6f23.jpg

FATFACE_zps82a99c54.jpg

Collage_zps803870f8.jpg

SIZE8_zps598e0ae6.jpg

160_zps06601111.jpg

hollaaaaaaaaaa_zps218a465f.jpg

158_zpse0818451.jpg

159_zps35cbae41.jpg

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! You look great!! <3
  • frumpburger
    Options
    DUDE!!!!!!! You look AWESOME!
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    OMG, wow, girl.
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look great!! WTG!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fabulous!!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    Congrats, wow justnwow awesome job
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    omg!!!!!!!!! wow wow wow!!! freakin amazing!! love this transformation!! what an inspiration!!! u look amazing!!
  • ltaylor208402
    ltaylor208402 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, such an inspiration. I started off at 315 and know i'm 250 and I'm trying to get below 200 by the beginning of 2014.
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    we are not worthy!:smile:
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! Congrats!!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! im really excited to be able to finally post that I reached goal! It feels great!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow - so fab! Great that you 'make' time for it!
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I dont even know what to say..just WOW!
    My husband was all over your after pictures, lol!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    You look so familiar, did you used to go to new life church in fair oaks, ca ..., by the way you look amazing
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    VERY inspirational. I have been losing at a much slower rate than you did, but I'm on my way. THANK YOU for posting this- you look AMAZING and I'm SO PROUD of you!!! WELL DONE!!!!

~Glynis
  • skies1100
    Options
    You look so amazing and beautiful!!! With 5 kids and all of that stress, you did it! Good for you! YAY! :D
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    AMAZING.
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You look (and must feel) fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!