Using a vinyl sweat suit?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Vinyl? No.

Leather with spikes? Well, it worked in Pulp Fiction.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You lose minerals too, calcium, sodium and potassium due to the excessive sweating, other than training for extreme circumstances, I don't see how it will be beneficial.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    I use a garbage bag like the guy in Silver Linings Playbook.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk at a 3.5 mph pace so you worked out for nearly an hour? That's a decent length of time. You would be far better served by doing a progressive strength training exercise for 45 minutes 3x/week than by forcing water weight loss. I get time constraints, I do, but I don't think this is a good solution.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    What toxins does it remove?

The same ones that sweating does?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Next time get a 3 piece vinyl suit. With 4 buttons. Much more fashionable. That's how Steve Harvey would do it, anyway.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use a garbage bag like the guy in Silver Linings Playbook.

You mean the guy with a mental health problem? :wink:
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Return the suit. Get a bench, barbell and plates. Use them 3x per week. Then do 30 minutes of HIIT on 3 days of the week you don't lift. Rest on the seventh day. Repeat. Eat sensibly and drink lots of regular water. You're welcome.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    tracksuit.jpg

If it is not one of these two suits, you're doing it wrong.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I used this last night (just the top) and dropped 4 pounds on a 3 mile walk (I am at a 3.5mph pace), we all know this is water weight but there are some who say this is a good way to remove toxins from the largest organ in the body (skin)...

Just don't drink water tomorrow. Wouldn't that be easier? If all you're trying to do is be slightly more dehydrated then that's even more simple.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I say let the haters hate. Get one and rock that thing!

clear-suit-203x300.jpg

This is one of the most disturbing images I've ever seen.

*shudder*

Don't wear a vinyl suit. It just makes you sweat more, and it probably makes your workout less effective because you get overheated. Try HIIT exercises or another sort of shorter but effective workout.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    not...sure...if...serious.....
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Can I get this in red?

saunasuit.jpg
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    You could just...you know....pee...

Yep, it makes you lose water. When doctors say the best way to be healthy is sweat I don't think they mean like that, I think they're implying exercise which is good for the body. If you ask me vinyl suits are bad. It makes you lose water weight only, water that would regularly be helping you repair muscles and the like in a healthy body, particularly when at a calorie deficit. I'd avoid them like the inconvenient plague.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You wasted your money. Yes it makes you sweat but that is not losing weight. It can cause mineral depletion. If could cause dehydration on a hot day. There are no short cuts to losing weight and exercising. If you have a limited time, do mostly strength training and fill in with cardio before and after. Your wallet does look thinner...
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is the vinyl suit from American Horror
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    You lose water weight that's regained when you drink water again. You don't "detoxify" yourself since toxins through diet and exercises are a myth anyway.
    What could be dangerous is that you can get heatstroke due to your body NOT being able to cool itself properly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My sister loss 17 pounds n 3 weeks using sauna suit. Keep going
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well, wow,,,,,, whats it look like?
    is it sexy?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All it does is make you lose extra water weight, which you gain back when you rehydrate.

If you want your workout to be more productive, I recommend working out harder.
    It is known.