DietBet - Who has actually finished a challenge?

I wanted to hear more about people's experiences with Dietbet.com, I searched the forums but only found a couple actual experiences and a whole lot of people saying they were starting a challenge, but without updates on how it ended.

Could someone who has actually completed a Diet Bet challenge tell me if they won or lost and if they won, what sort of prize they actually got? I am interested in doing this, but I want to be sure other people's experiences were positive.

Thank you.

Replies

• kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Hey, I have completed one and I made about 3.5x my entry fee so it was a nice prize. I just started another one. It currently has 874 players and 26 days remaning to lose 4% of my body weight. the money in the pot is 21,850 and the winners get to share it.
  • TaraJx4
    TaraJx4 Posts: 89 Member
    I just heard about this site today and have been considering joining one. Seems kind of neat!
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    I'm about to start my first one via Blogilates.com through the month of September. Seems motivating. :)
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    I'm about to start my first one via Blogilates.com through the month of September. Seems motivating. :)

I was thinking of joining that one too if I get enough feedback. I had one girl I know tell me she found it too pressuring and she was stressed all the time, but the problem is if you are heavy, you have to lose a lot more weight. Her goal was over 3lbs/week, which is hard to sustain. Mine would be a bit over 2lbs a week, so it might be tough, but I feel like it would really motivate me to get serious.

I am glad to hear someone had a great experience and won some money!
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member

I was thinking of joining that one too if I get enough feedback. I had one girl I know tell me she found it too pressuring and she was stressed all the time, but the problem is if you are heavy, you have to lose a lot more weight. Her goal was over 3lbs/week, which is hard to sustain. Mine would be a bit over 2lbs a week, so it might be tough, but I feel like it would really motivate me to get serious.

I am glad to hear someone had a great experience and won some money!

On the flip side, those with more to lose drop weight faster. So it kind of evens out. I did the June Blogilates. I finished it (meaning I didn't quit/give up) but I couldn't meet the goal. The requirement would've been to lose 1.5 lb per week and being closer to my goal I sometimes find that's what I lose per month!

Also the cut that dietbet is ridiculously huge compared to the pay out per person.
  • zoodocgirl
    I obviously want to make the goal, BUT even if I don't quite get to 4%, I figure $25 lost won't kill me and the motivation I gain to work a little harder than I might otherwise would be worth it.
  • I have yet to finish a challenge at DietBet as I'm just now about to start my first one (yes, the blogilates one.) Thus far fitting into old clothes and looking hotter as well as being healthier hasn't quite been enough to push me to lose those last 10lbs so I'm really looking forward to seeing whether cold hard cash will succeed in where everything else has failed.
  • perpetualjuly
    perpetualjuly Posts: 8 Member
    I've "finished" a couple of DietBets now, but I have yet to "win" one. Even so, I find it's a fun motivatotor to get back into an exercise routine when I slump off. I'm not into dieting, but for the duration of the DietBet I commit to exercising every day and making healthier food choices. It helps rebuild those healthy habits.

It seems as I am the only one to miss my goal, the winnings can't be that lucrative -- my "competitors" all get to split my paltry entry fee amongst themselves. So depending on the size of the group, that might be anywhere from a few cents to a couple of dollars.
  • zoodocgirl
    I'm about halfway to my goal! I definitely want to slow down once the month is over but it's been a good reminder that I am not necessarily hungry as much as I think I am. This schedule leaves little room for wine, which is unacceptable in my normal life lol, but I've managed to lose 3.2 lbs already even with decadent work dinners out that I couldn't avoid!
  • zoodocgirl
    Man, a week of travel totally threw me off right at the end of the month. I'm 2.7 lbs away from my goal. Pretty bummed because I was totally on track to get there before this trip. Ah well, I did lose 4 lbs in the month. Losing nearly 7 seemed like a very tall order.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    I wanted to hear more about people's experiences with Dietbet.com, I searched the forums but only found a couple actual experiences and a whole lot of people saying they were starting a challenge, but without updates on how it ended.

Could someone who has actually completed a Diet Bet challenge tell me if they won or lost and if they won, what sort of prize they actually got? I am interested in doing this, but I want to be sure other people's experiences were positive.

Thank you.

I joined that site back in September 2013. I was in the Jillian Michaels dietbet session, 4 weeks. I lost 10.8#s and won my bet back which was $30 plus a few more dollars. The total win was $49.32. It's not a real money maker but you do get your bet back if you win. Mostly, I do it for the support like I see on this site.
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    I finished the Jillian Michael's DietBet, and now joined the DietBet 10. I am doing well so far. I have lost more than six pounds in this one since it started last week. I am hoping to lose about one hundred pounds by the end on May 4 of next year. A strong start is key, as weight becomes harder to lose as progress is made. You are welcome to friend me on here and ask as many questions as you would like. I advice that joining DietBet would not be about the money, but the community and the challenge.
  • angie007az
    I just won my second Dietbet this morning. I'm in a couple more games that end in about a week. Then I joined the Dietbet 10 that starts on Dec. 10th. It's a 6 month game. I love this site and that one also. Great motivation for me.
  • I am doing my second now. My first I didn't win, but I also broke my foot really bad a day after it started and couldn't do any type of work outs on it. So far my second is going much better than my first! It started Monday & I am at 51% of my goal already. I think I just had a lot of water weight going on when I signed up. I have had friends do really well with it!
  • Fufina514
    Fufina514 Posts: 2 Member
    I just finished my first 4 week challenge with Dietbet. I did not win but I had fun, lost 5lbs and have worn a pair of pants and a top that I could not wear before I started the challenge so in my book I did win! I joined a 6 month challenge this morning.
  • angie007az
    So far, I've won 4 of the 4 week games. Currently in a 6 month game that started Dec. 10th. This game ends in June and you have to lose 10% of your body weight by I believe June 10th. So far, so good.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Just finished 2 of the 4 week games (did them together) but won't know my winnings for a couple days. It did motivate me to make sure I dropped the 4% for the month, which is certainly awesome since I'll get my money back plus a share of the money those who lost paid.
  • angie007az
    Just finished 2 of the 4 week games (did them together) but won't know my winnings for a couple days. It did motivate me to make sure I dropped the 4% for the month, which is certainly awesome since I'll get my money back plus a share of the money those who lost paid.

Nice job!!
  • krw1989
    krw1989 Posts: 9 Member
    I did the September Blogilates DietBet challenge, and I was able to win back my money plus some. I ended up buying myself a couple of tanks and shorts from the Blogilates store as a reward for losing 4% of my body weight. :)

I'm not going to lie--it was a little stressful the entire month. However, you can definitely win a DietBet if you sign-up at the beginning of your weightloss journey. If I signed up for a DietBet this month, I would definitely lose the challenge due to not having much weight left to lose now.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    I signed up today for the 4% in 4 weeks for $25. Money motivates me so won't want to lose my bet and I think 4% is easily achieveable. The pot is at $19,000.