When do you eat last before you go to bed?

Options
124»

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I eat 70% of my cals before bed, like literally cooking and eating while in bed. Then I sleep like a baby. F going to sleep hungry.

Same here

I eat my biggest meal right before bed on most days. Nothing beats going to bed on a full stomach :tongue:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    She told me I was not to expose her....
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It may be true, that our bodies do not know the difference but after 8p.m i am not as active, so i try to eat by 6:00 p.m to give me time to work a little of those diner calories off..everyone's body is different though..
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi! I never eat after 8:00. If you eat right before you go to bed your food sits in your stomach all night and doesn't digest fast enough so it stores more fat. Also, if you are hungry right before bed, drink some green tea. It helps so much!

Oh really? :laugh:
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you reduce your calorie intake appropriately, you will lose weight. The time does not matter.

However, for me personally, I do not eat after 6 or 6:30pm. I do not like to go to bed on a full tummy. I like to walk or exercise after dinner to help with my digestion. It helps me avoid nighttime acid reflux. It works for me to stop eating prior to 7pm.
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when people stay up too late, their body sends them hungry signals. If that's what's happening, the solution is to just go to bed without eating anything. Other than that, eating before bed is only a problem if you are prone to heartburn.

I personally like to end my night with a glass of milk and a bowl of homemade popcorn.

I would also add try turning off the lights, or at least lowering the light level in your house an hour or so before bed. Light changes your body rhythm and it's possible that you are requiring more calories to maintain a daytime activity level. I totally admit that I'm applying what I learned from my baby but why wouldn't it still work? :) I have always eaten dinner early and then needed a little something before bed (it's how I grew up). My chosen snack use to be bread - now I choose yogurt or a banana. So far, it's been enough to take me through to the am.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat after 8 pm, but that's becasue i have nightmares if i digest food in my sleep.

I Never seem to be able to call dinner my last meal of the day though
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i love to eat an apricot before bed. but i havent been able to find them the last two weeks :(
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, I'm not usually hungry at night because I eat so much during the day. I eat dinner around 6:30 & am in bed at 9:00
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I dont eat after supper. I will intake fluids such as water or powerade zero after a workout. But no eating.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you aren't eating enough during the day? I normally eat dinner about 6 or so, then about a half hour later have dessert. At some point after that, I go ahead and brush my teeth for the night. That's my signal for no more food. I am very rarely hungry after dessert.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    I can't sleep if I'm hungry - so I always have something before bed, sometimes something in bed lol and sometimes I actually wake up and eat something half asleep at like 3am. It is what it is, calories in, calories out, balance it right and time doesn't really matter.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I can have my dinner as late as 11pm sometimes, and I'm usually out like a light against my will by 11:30. And this is at least 3 days a week!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a strict time that I stop eating. I have dinner around 6:30-7:00, and after that is dessert of fruit/yoghurt anywhere between that and when I go to bed. And since I'm usually curled up in bed by 10:00 (studying, facebooking, etc.) I'm generally not inclined to get out of bed to retrieve more food.

So if I had to estimate...most nights around 8:00-8:30 I'm done with food for the day.