I love "Secret Eaters"

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
It is a UK TV show (available on youtube).

It would help so many people who say they keep food diary and can't loose weight. People who "tried everything" and it just does not work for them. for 99% of people, that is why.

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What is it about? I remember watching another british show but I can't remember what it was called - it showed people with bad eating habits and helped them make better ones.
  • NYCNika
    Options
    Is is about people who do not understand why they weigh what they weigh because they are just sure they are not eating enough to justify their weight.

They insist they eat well, their diary shows calorie deficit. Yet they just can't lose weight.

So they are secretly followed and videotaped everywhere they go for a week and inevitably shown that they eat WAAAY more than they think they eat.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this show too! I also love supersize vs superskinny.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What is it about? I remember watching another british show but I can't remember what it was called - it showed people with bad eating habits and helped them make better ones.

Maybe you are refering to "You Are What You Eat?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_What_You_Eat

I remember watching that. I thought it was fascinating. They would put all the food out on a table that your family eats in a week and it was always a ton of junk. Really put it in perpective! There was another one I saw, forgot the name, where they compared the daily food intake of a really thin person and a really overweight person, and then they had to exchange diets and eat what the other one ate. I like that show because it shows there are problems with eating too little as well as eating too much.

To the OP, the show you mentioned sounds great! Wish I got the channel but I'm guessing it is on BBC? We dont get that anymore... :(
  • NYCNika
    Options
    To the OP, the show you mentioned sounds great! Wish I got the channel but I'm guessing it is on BBC? We dont get that anymore... :(

I watch it on YouTube.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Maybe you are refering to "You Are What You Eat?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_What_You_Eat

I remember watching that. I thought it was fascinating. They would put all the food out on a table that your family eats in a week and it was always a ton of junk. Really put it in perpective! There was another one I saw, forgot the name, where they compared the daily food intake of a really thin person and a really overweight person, and then they had to exchange diets and eat what the other one ate. I like that show because it shows there are problems with eating too little as well as eating too much.

That's it! I only watched it when I had a short term house sitting job and they had BBC. I will look on youtube for the secret eaters one.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I love that show! It made me recognize some of my own follies - I am a big taster because I take too many tastes of my ingredients while I'm cooking them! I try not to eat my food before I cook it now. xD
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Like many of us, the people thought they ate healthily and probably only around 1200 cals per day, when in reality it was double or even triple!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

The one with the thin and overweight people swapping diets is supersize vs super skinny
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I watch it on YouTube.

It's channel 4 you might be able to download the 4od app but I don't know if your outside of the uk
  • flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do too! It's part of why I started on here. It is such a fascinating show, I always wonder about how people could lie to themselves so hardcore; I knew I was eating too much sugar before I started on here, and it wasn't too surprising how much too much I was eating.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im going to have to you tube this!!! thank you!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This show is the very first thing I think of when I see the "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" threads. Then you look at their diaries and they don't log anything. It's almost inevitable.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    I love that show. Everyones always like I dont know why Im this big, Im in starvation mode because I only eat one small meal a day and it turns out they eat like 5000 calories EVERY day. ITs actually hilarious to watch their reactions :')
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I find it hilarious how they think they just eat healthy food, then you see what they've eaten at the end if the week and the only veg they've had was the peas in the rice from their Chinese takeaway!

I know so many people who would benefit from that show, probably me included! :)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just watched secret eaters for the first time. All it did was make me hungry. :ohwell:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I love that show! Can't believe how much we probably eat when we aren't paying attention!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options

The one with the thin and overweight people swapping diets is supersize vs super skinny

You can watch full episodes of all of these on utube! sometimes I watch on my phone while I am on the elliptical for added motivation ;)
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Such a great show.

Logging is a great way of actually seeing what you eat. There was one woman who was convinced she was on a diet and wasn't eating dinners with her family. She would cook for them and just pick at bits while cooking.

It turned out in one day, she didn't go longer than 30 minutes without eating something!!!!!! She was eating around 2600 calories every day.

Love it
  • Fuuko
    Fuuko Posts: 9
    Options
    I've recently started watching it, it's pretty interesting! It's crazy the discrepancies that show up - in the episode I watched earlier, there was a woman who wrote down everything she ate in a day and it came to only 1000 calories. But then when they followed her around with the cameras they found her eating about 4000 every day! It's shocking that people can just "ignore" so much of what they're consuming and they wonder why they hell they keep gaining weight.