The dumbest diet you ever tried?

Replies

• tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    South Beach Diet. I was an idiot for doing it, and I feel like an even bigger idiot admitting to it.

What's the South Beach Diet?
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    South Beach Diet. I was an idiot for doing it, and I feel like an even bigger idiot admitting to it.

What's the South Beach Diet?

Srsly?

It was like Atkins, but lower fat. It was a big thing in the early 2000's. It involved eating a bunch of fake food that makes you feel like crap, bottoming out calorie-wise, losing some weight, and then gaining it all back when you're done. There were lots of "dessert" recipes involving ricotta cheese and splenda. Vomit.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    VLCD.
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Slimfast... ack! That shizz tasted like chalk. I even tried freezing some once to see if it might make a tastier. No. It just tasted like very cold chalk. And I was one angry Santa because I was hungry all day.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Chocolate diet. You eat only one dark chocolate bar a day - about 600 calories.

Wine diet. Just dry wine and apples. At least a bottle a day. That was awesooooooooome. :))))))) But couldn't work, drive or study so I stopped. But my mood was great :)))
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member

Yes they put staples on the inside of your ears and it was supposed to block the message to your brain telling you that you were hungry lol

Just when I thought I'd heard it all. :noway:
  • When I lost 30lbs in a short space of time by only eating 500-800 calories a day. Started eating again and put on 60lbs. What a fool! :laugh: I know better now!
    It's taken me 2 years to lose 47lbs and I don't care if it takes another year to lose the last 14! This time it's staying off!
  • andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    the worst the Geoff Capes diet why would want to look like him 2 x dry biscuits and 2 pills

plj diet (pure lemon juice) wince at the thought

the cider vinegar
    f plan
    Cambridge
    limits
    aids...I know not appropriate these days they were little toffee sweets you ate before a meal
    milk raw egg and orange diet all shook up made me ill for 4 days.
    pills from the gp ..one of them was speed clean house or what..ps I did not know at the time
    pills from the doc x 4

and many drinks and shakes

and lost 56lb with ww was successful with them until the introduction of new meds and pp I could not hack so hence I am here
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    4 hour body was the dumbest diet i ever tried and the lamest book i ever sold back
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    The silliest diet I've done was a 'Soup Diet' where I basically had to eat vegetable soup for breakfast lunch and dinner over a period of 2 weeks, 1 rest week, then back on the Soup Torture for another 2 - repeat till skinny!! I lost 1.5 stone (21lbs) but I still to this day can't face vegetable soup and as soon as I stopped the diet I put all the weight back on!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    I failed miserably at atkins. It was a great meal plan, but I didn't lose any weight.

^^^^This. I was never satisfied. I love my carbs.

Also when I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, I went extremely low fat. I lost 20 pounds, and I think half of that was from my hair falling out. Then I found MFP, learned about good fat and lost another 80. Then I stopped exercising and gained 80 back, and here I am again.

But this time I'm keeping my hair.

lol.. you are funny!!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member

Yes they put staples on the inside of your ears and it was supposed to block the message to your brain telling you that you were hungry lol

Just when I thought I'd heard it all. :noway:

It's probably based on the accupancture techniques. There are some spots in the ear that can affect hunger.

But it has to be done by a professional accupancture therapist. I know it because my mom has horrible migraines and is treated by an accupancture therapist. He does it for her once a month and her migraines are gone for the whole month or sometimes more. He's been my family accupancture therapist for 15 years at least.

Accupancture is thousands years old and is used by many Asian cultures...
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    When I was a teenager, I went on a couple of those fad diets with my mom. The first one we tried waa the grapefruit diet, and neither of us could stick to it - we were both gorging on carbs by week's end. The other one ended up being this ridiculously overpriced plan from this weight loss facility that has us buy all kinds of bars and shakes. It too, never worked.
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    I've tried a few really dumb ones. I thought they were great at the time, because I lost weight pretty quickly. But once you started to eat "normally" again, I gained a lot of it back. When I say normally, I mean real healthy food, not going back to previous bad eating habits.

I've tried the GM diet, grapefruit diet (and I HATE grapefruit), 3 day military diet, HCG, and just eating 500 calories per day (without the HCG drops).
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    The Grapefruit Diet.....I did lose some weight but I was the worst person to be around...mainly because I had a belly full of ****ing grapefruit all day.

The Lemon & Cayenne Pepper Diet....gave me ridiculous heart burn.

Jenny Craig...I was paying $100 a week to buy her lean cuisines and step on a scale. Could've done that at home for way cheaper.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Soup diet. For 2 months.
    Intermittent Fasting was actually OK for me :-)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    when i was a teen i did a toast and black coffee diet. 2 meals a day were just dry toast and black coffee, the stupidist diet ever.

technically i do the 5:2 style diet too which is normal diet 5 days a week and 2 days a week starve yourself or in my case i eat about 25% cut instead of the usual 20%, i don't agree with the starve yourself or binging on the other 5 days model that's just retarded but eating alot less a few days a week but still keeping around BMR is certainly ok by me and still lose weight
  • Eating clean diet. Was OK (lost weight) but I got sick of the same foods (grains, lean meats all day every day) and 5-6 small meals.
    Now I eat whatever I want twice a day at evening and night.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Accidental double post. Sorry.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I think the dumbest thing I ever fell for was eating those stupid Hoodia pills. I am not even sure what exactly they were supposed to do, but all they actually did was lessen the weight of my wallet.

I did that once too. I actually convinced myself they worked but on reflection I rather suspect it was the eating around 700 cals per day which caused the weight loss.