July 13, MFP Runner's Club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning,

It's raining here again but it's should clear up by afternoon. I'm having my breakfast now and I hope to be out the door in 2 -3 hours for my 7 miles.

I will post later.

Have a great day!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

It's raining here again but it's should clear up by afternoon. I'm having my breakfast now and I hope to be out the door in 2 -3 hours for my 7 miles.

I will post later.

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    morning all...morning Mireille!

good luck and hope the rain subsides a bit so you can get in that killer 7 miles woo!

I'm taking a rest day today, I ran 4 miles, and then walked almost 4 miles yesterday....plus I have to get into work to finish a few things for year end....love this time of year...NOT!

but I hope you all have great day and I may end up running later...it all depends on how stressed I get from work LOL

hugs and happy day!
    Ali :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me too. I'm going shoe shopping later, got blisters from yesterday's run. :grumble:

Hope the rain subsides for you Mireille. :heart:

Good luck on everyone's runs! :smile:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good Morning my running friends!

I hit the trails this morning just before sun up for 7.12 miles. Instead of running at my ususal LSD pace for this distance, I kept my heart rate in the 80-90% range for the entire run. It felt good.

Mireille - Good luck with your 7 miles. I hope the weather cooperates.

Enjoy your runs or rest!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:grumble:

Stayed up too late last night...

Still got up and exited my house. I ran 7.11 miles. Weird. Maybe JD and I ran together this morning...:bigsmile:

I too took it nice and easy. Well I tried to - I was chased by a dog that wasn't barking. Don't you hate that?:explode: I blew my whistle and he retreated.? I tried to scream but nothing came out.

Then, an angry bee chased me. I'm thankful the bee didn't sting me. I am allergic to bee stings and of course I did not have an epi pen w/me. I never take one with me on my runs.:embarassed:

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Good grief, Kechie! Glad you made it home alive!! Start bringing your epi pen with you, that's an order! :angry:

Good job on your runs, Kechie & JD. {{starting Kechie & JD rumors now}} :bigsmile:
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Good grief, Kechie! Glad you made it home alive!! Start bringing your epi pen with you, that's an order! :angry:

Good job on your runs, Kechie & JD. {{starting Kechie & JD rumors now}} :bigsmile:

I know I am old. Maybe I could forget running with a beautiful woman this morning, but I would definitely remember being chased by dogs and bees!!!:laugh: :laugh: But a good rumor might help my reputation.
  • kechiemc
    Options

Yes Ma'am! *Kechie dusts off epi pen and puts it with her running shoes by the door*
    :devil: I wonder if I can use the epi pen to kill vicious attack dogs on my run?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kechiemc
    Options

I know I am old. Maybe I could forget running with a beautiful woman this morning, but I would definitely remember being chased by dogs and bees!!!:laugh: :laugh: But a good rumor might help my reputation.

"Beautiful". Thanks JD!:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I will post later.

Have a great day!
    Mireille

RAIN??? BAHHHHH!!!! Did you see my canoe adventure post? LOL You can so get out there girl! ((I'm funny, ey?))
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Today's a rest day for me. I'm taking my dog for a walk. Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Good morning:grumble:

Stayed up too late last night...

Still got up and exited my house. I ran 7.11 miles. Weird. Maybe JD and I ran together this morning...:bigsmile:

I too took it nice and easy. Well I tried to - I was chased by a dog that wasn't barking. Don't you hate that?:explode: I blew my whistle and he retreated.? I tried to scream but nothing came out.

Then, an angry bee chased me. I'm thankful the bee didn't sting me. I am allergic to bee stings and of course I did not have an epi pen w/me. I never take one with me on my runs.:embarassed:

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of dogs! Glad you made it girlie!!!

cujo.jpg[img][/img]
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Morning. Just a quick 1.5 mile run. My shins started acting up again so I am doing some post stretches and icing. Didn't realize how important stretching is after a run... on Friday i went 3.5 miles and Sat morning I woke up way stiff. Will try to pick up a gym class this week to work on some strengthening (I think that would be best for my shins). Have a great Sunday! And good luck to those doing their long runs today... I am excited for the day when I will be doing one!
    -S
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Morning. Just a quick 1.5 mile run. My shins started acting up again so I am doing some post stretches and icing. Didn't realize how important stretching is after a run... on Friday i went 3.5 miles and Sat morning I woke up way stiff. Will try to pick up a gym class this week to work on some strengthening (I think that would be best for my shins). Have a great Sunday! And good luck to those doing their long runs today... I am excited for the day when I will be doing one!
    -S

Hi RD,

You'll get there sooner then you think! :wink: Take care of those shins though. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    -S

YEY!!! Great going on the miles!

(I'm currently riding the couch while DH and I watch the History channel. We are reviewing our skills with Pangea and Rodinia. Hummm....Snowball earth.
  • RunFasterMommy
    Options

I hit the trails this morning just before sun up for 7.12 miles. Instead of running at my ususal LSD pace for this distance, I kept my heart rate in the 80-90% range for the entire run. It felt good.

JD -- how do you like running trails? I've just started running trails again after about 3 years of not running them at all. Friday I went out for my long run and ran 2 hours & 20 minutes.... still didn't get in my 12 miles as the trail had a lot of elevation gain and was pretty technical, but I got in 10. I kept my HR at a 150 average which is where it is for a 'normal' long run. Do you think this is equivalent - even though the mileage isn't there? I'd love to think I can do my long runs there... it's so beautiful!

I did 5 yesterday on a different trail - fairly easy, so I got the mileage in as well as the time.

Today I'm resting - AND I slept in until 9 - unheard of! Both of my girls at a sleepovers.... how wonderful!

Shel
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I did 5 yesterday on a different trail - fairly easy, so I got the mileage in as well as the time.

Today I'm resting - AND I slept in until 9 - unheard of! Both of my girls at a sleepovers.... how wonderful!

Shel

Good job girlie!!! :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Woke up this morning and it was pouring. So I decided to make it a rest day..I guess it was called for anyway because I have ran the last seven days straight. Hope everyone has a good day!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    OHHHHHH I am so excited..... this is my first run to post in 3 weeks! It's the best morning ever!

Rolled out of bed with a smile, threw on the shoes, and put in 5 miles (in 40 mins!!) on a beautiful, calm Sunday morning! There was a slight breeze and the sun was a shinin! Except for the attack chihuahua that was biting at my heels (I hate that dog, it chases my car too). What is it with the dogs this morning???:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

JD and Kechi- WAY TO GO on the 7.1!! That is wonderful!

It sounds like every one was having a good day today!

I hope everyone enjoys their runs or rests today...make it a good one!

Happy Running!!

Ali:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    Options

JD -- how do you like running trails? I've just started running trails again after about 3 years of not running them at all. Friday I went out for my long run and ran 2 hours & 20 minutes.... still didn't get in my 12 miles as the trail had a lot of elevation gain and was pretty technical, but I got in 10. I kept my HR at a 150 average which is where it is for a 'normal' long run. Do you think this is equivalent - even though the mileage isn't there? I'd love to think I can do my long runs there... it's so beautiful!

Shel - I love runnning trails. If I could do all of my running on trails and never hit the streets I would be happy. My joints take too much of a beating when I try to push my tempo on pavement. The trails that I usually run are really easy...wide and well groomed. There is one that I run occasionally though that requires you to watch every step and has some tough hills.

Even if the distance is a little shorter, if you are getting your heart rate into your training zone for the same amount of time, I would have to think it is an equivalent cardio work out.

JD