Not logging food when overeating?

Options
124»

Replies

• loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I haven't in the past, but I've tried to make a more conscious effort to do so recently. I figure it will probably stop me from overeating quite so much. Whatever works for you. :)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I hate when I do it, but I defintely log it.... it helps with planning later down the line!
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hate red numbers too! Sometimes I will do a dvd, just so I can get them back to green! LOL other times, I just roll with it. It is like a punch in the gut to see it, but it is also motivating to keep things under control too :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'd say the days where it's the most important to log are the days you go way over. To me, the whole point of logging is not only to keep track of what you're eating but also accountability. If I don't log binges, I'm only hurting myself in the end.
  • elliedubz
    Options
    It's pretty terrifying how the numbers go red when you go over your recommended intake. I just find it too hard to admit that I overate. Anybody else here who does this?

ive only seen red once and i wasnt happy with myself at all but you need to hold yourself accountable for your intake..

log everything and move on. everyone has bad days..its okay but if you want to fix the problem you have to admit it and accept it so you can overcome it.
    good luck!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it's mainly bc I didn't even figure out how many servings I ate.
  • JoanneTalerico
    JoanneTalerico Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Exactly!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It terrifies me even more though if I don't log it! Then I imagine I've gone over by at least a thousand calories, when in reality it's only a few hundred. I'd rather see it.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I find that is exactly when you should be doing it. It helps make you accountable in the following days.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I finally started to get things under control when I finally started logging everything by the food and not just adding "quick calories".

I am really trying to "even things out" and this "self honesty" has been crucial.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I log it all!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'd say the days where it's the most important to log are the days you go way over. To me, the whole point of logging is not only to keep track of what you're eating but also accountability. If I don't log binges, I'm only hurting myself in the end.

+1