Replies

• vilkke
    vilkke Posts: 2
    Options
    You look amazing! :smile:
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Running a marathon is no easy task, congratulations!!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Wow!
  • Wolverine598
    Wolverine598 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great story and inspiration!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment Congratulations on making up your mind and doing it. I have found the love of running that you describe and the ability to push a little farther and I know it feels so good its hard to describe. I finished about 550 out of 620 runners in my first race a 10K and I was so happy I almost popped I was last in my age bracket and as happy as could be. I am still getting faster and planning to go back and finish better next year and I will.
    I know one thing you are so much happier now and it shows in your smile. Enjoy every step again great job
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you are such an inspiration! wow! thank you for sharing your story! you look amazing!! Well done on completing your marathon!!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are an inspiration, for sure! Congratulations! And you look beautiful!
    your kids are the spitting image of their dad

LOL!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 10 years and it saved my life. I'm doing a heavy lifting program now but running will always be my first love.

Way to go! You look awesome :drinker:
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    What a great read. Your story actually sounds almost identical to mine. I started at 238. Lost 30 pounds or so just dieting and realized if I didn't start exercising that it would just come back. I ran a couple races the end of 2011. 2012 I ran 77 races which included 3 marathons in 50 days. This year I plan to run 100 races. I ran a 50 Mile race and have 4 marathons in 15 days coming up in October.

Keep up the great work...everything is possible!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Just incredible! Well done, you look amazing. xx
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Swoon. Love to hear about others falling in love with running. You look incredible, but even better, you have obviously found something that has changed your life! I just - today - after five years of running - felt like I *might* want to run a marathon someday. I can't believe you found that drive in a few months!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I read your entire post with my mouth wide open. What you have accomplished is absolutely incredible, well done! :drinker: I too have just fallen in love with running, and even though I highly doubt I'll be running a marathon in 7 months, you've made me think it's possible! Again...whoaaa :)
  • michellersalo
    michellersalo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Wekaba67
    Wekaba67 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on Couch to 5k program @46 years old and a very out of shape 200 pounds. I can't progress very quickly because I dislike running.

Just this morning as I was running intermittently with walking I thought, I'm going to have to find another form of exercise because I hate this so much.

After reading your story I thought, could it be a possibility that *I* could actually learn to love running too?

You have inspired me with your incredible journey and thank you for taking the time to share with us! What you have accomplished is amazing!
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring! Thanks for sharing. Stories like yours help get me out of bed at 6:30 a.m. to run.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You are one amazing, inspiring lady, well done you should be incredibly proud of what you have achieved. I started the C25K in April this year. I am running for about 20 minutes now, 10 minutes away from 5k. I have hit a bit of a brick wall mentally and am finding it really hard to get past the 20 minutes. But after reading your story I am determined to carry on. I have loved getting up in the mornings and going running in the sunshine next to water, also running in the evenings its been lovely. I fell in love with running as soon as I started and even though I am finding it mentally challenging at the minute I will carry on. I want to be running that 5k before next year as I really want to do a charity 5k,don't think I'll make the marathon stage but who knows.Thanks for sharing this amazing story and I hope I will have a great story of my own one day.:bigsmile:
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing and great job!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!