What's your favorite season and why?

Options
I adore.. ADORE! Autumn. I grew up in Illinois and Fall was quite beautiful there. The cool crisp air. The smell of leaves. Wearing a light jacket for outdoor activities. Ahhhhh.. I even have my kitchen decorated in a Fall theme with Fall scented Yankee candles. Halloween is my absolute favorite.

So I live in San Antonio, Texas now. And guess what? No Fall here. It's disappointing to say the least and I miss those cool breeze days. (Been here a year)

What's your favorite season? Do you like a particular season better for exercising? I found Fall to be a great walking season. I only miss one thing about Illinois - Autumn...

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    winter.... I get tired of this damn heat

We have 2 seasons here- 9 months of summer and 3 months until summer :laugh:
  • julesyb1982
    Options

We have 2 seasons here- 9 months of summer and 3 months until summer :laugh:

where are you located?
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Alabama...5 miles from beach
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Spring is the best for me, after going through the winter it is nice to see some green.
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    FALL!!!! Couldn't have written it better myself OP. Your reasons exactly. Just perfect. Love sweather weather!
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love fall, mostly because of Halloween! It is finally cool enough to think about baking and there are lots of holidays to bake for!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fall is my favorite! There is nothing like that fall "smell", the leaves changing color, and the smell of a fresh fire going :), gotta love the cool climate, too :)
  • msclairuk
    msclairuk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I'm English and I've got to say the summer time as it's so rare!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

Winter's my favorite too. I love the snow and I'm really into skiing and snowboarding. I'm actually more active in winter than I am in the summer. 2nd is fall (or autumn). I love the colors and the smells. And where did my husband get located? Hawaii. I know that everyone wants to live here, but not me. I miss my seasons! Every Christmas my dad and stepmom send me bottles of fake snow that I put all over the house. Don't get me wrong, I like the beaches here, but I miss those snowy nights where to moon made the falling flakes look like diamonds and the ground look like frosting. With a warm cup of cocoa and my husband to cuddle with after a long day on the slopes, I'm at my happiest.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Fall. I just want be outside all the time
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Autumn. Specifically, November. Because by then we can know that Summer is finally going away. In November I can finally wear long pants!!!! Yay!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    fall, because it's hunting season and football season and there isn't any pollen floating around that'll make me sneeze
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Summer, because i love it hot!! Yeah i know i am living in the wrong part of the world.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well I have all 4 seasons here ,so for me autumn, wearing hoodies , bonfires roasting marshmallows , fall leaves the beautiful colors, not to cold and you don't have to wear a super heavy coat and of course Halloween. I looking forward to it even more because my oldest who is 3 is old enough to trick or treat now and I can put her and her sister just shy of 18 months in costumes . I was thinking little bo -peep and her sister the sheep cant seem to sell my husband on it though . I think it would be super cute .:)
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, I do love fall. We don't have it here. I also love winter. We don't have that here, either. First thing I'm gonna do when I my job here is done and I can go back home is play in the snow. Even if I have to drive up to 10000 ft to do it!

Fall you can wear all of your nice clothes, it's cool enough that you can do all those outside things you like without getting sick from the hot. The air is fresh and (mostly) allergen-free. The windows are open, and it cools off enough at night that you can bring out the blankets and sleep so much better than in spring and summer. The UV index is not so high that I sunburn right through my clothes...
    Winter has it's own beauty, and there's nothing quite like bundling up in blankets on the front porch with a warm drink and a warm man, watching the snow fall... especially if you live somewhere like where I did, and the snow is always melted off by the next afternoon.

Here, we have summer and slightly-less-summer. It was 100F yesterday. Supposed to be 100F again today. Sometimes in the "winter" the morning low is 40, but it's 60 or 70 by afternoon. When it gets as low as 70, the locals are out in their long down coats, hats, gloves. Then again, at home, I'm one of those snow boots and shorts people. We all adapt, I guess.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    love them all! fall, crispy and delicious. spring, fresh and new. winter, cozy and snuggly. summer, popsicle, nuff said.
  • raelloyd1975
    Options
    hi my favourite season is winter, I love the snow and how it makes the landscape look. Also it's a good opportunity to have my favourite meal a nice warming bowl of tomato soup.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love all the seasons, having grown up in the midwest with very distinct seasonal changes... But winter has to be my favorite (its usually whatever is 2 seasons away haha)

The reason? Snow. Snow is awesome. Snowballs, Snowmen, Snowshoeing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling. Running in the snow (its not really dangerous I promise) and Ice Skating, Broomball. The world just looks a lot cleaner when its covered in snow.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't pick. It changes bi-yearly.

The past 2 years I have been in LOVE with Autumn. I adore the smell of the leaves, the smoky smell in the air, and the wonderful colours. Here are a few pictures I took last autumn :-)

SAM_0643_zps156e1f00.jpg

SAM_0638_zps87400dfc.jpg

Not so much " red and orange " around but I love the atmosphere and remember last Autumn so well. These pictures bring back happy memories, even if it is dull and cloudy!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Autumn - so much so that I named my daughter Autumn. The coloured leaves, the crisp air, the layers of clothes, Halloween , Thanksgiving, the fresh start to school, new season of sports, anticipation of winter/Christmas...there so much to love!