But I don't like <insert name of food here> !!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I will not try them on a tray, not in a school, not with a nun:grumble: for that will be no FUN:sick: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh:

I hate Lima beans too. Oh, and goat cheese. And celery. And mushrooms. :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Of the higher calorie foods, the only ones I don't like are beets, Lima beans and avacodos. I don't care for oatmeal, porridge or broccoli either.
  • oddgirlout
    Options
    I can not stand radishes...ewww...they taste like dirt to me. I am also not a fan of lima beans but I like butter beans...go figure.

I keep trying foods I think I hate over and over again because I have found I did not have them prepared correctly or my taste buds have changed. Barring an allergic reaction the worst thing that can happen is to go diving for a glass of water or trash can. :) That's the great thing about cooking, if something tastes awful toss it and get something new.

I thought it might be nice to add a food I would like to try....fiddlehead ferns. They look so pretty and I picture them tasting like fresh green beans.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

I will not try them on a tray, not in a school, not with a nun:grumble: for that will be no FUN:sick: :grumble:

I hate Lima beans too. Oh, and goat cheese. And celery. And mushrooms. :sick: :sick: :sick:
    uh oh, you're know what usually happens when we both post on the same thread don't you?:laugh:
  • ashiteru
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST! I USE TO ABOSOLUTELY HATE YOUGURT, SQUASH, ZUCHINNI, TILAPIA, SALMON, AND LIMA BEANS! WELL NOT ANY MORE. SEASONING, FRESH HERBS, AND THE PROCESS IN WHICH YOU COOK THE FOOD CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

ICEBURG LETTUCE IS TO ME JUST A FILLER. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO TASTE! ITS REALLY DREADFUL ONCE YOUR TASTE BUDS HAVE TOUCHED FRESH SPINACK, SPRING MIX OR, BUTTERBUDS. CHANGING TO A NEW LIFESTYLE MEANS TRYING NEW THINGS! IT EASIER TO SUCCEED THAT WAY!
  • Blezlie
    Options
    There are very few foods that I don't like. One thing that surprised me was the difference in taste between super-fresh (like picked that morning) vegetables and the pale, sad out-of-season veggies you find in the grocery store. The fruit/vegetable being actually ripe & in season makes an incredible difference taste-wise. And it's cheaper
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

uh oh, you're know what usually happens when we both post on the same thread don't you?:laugh:

Trouble is sure to follow. :laugh:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I thought it might be nice to add a food I would like to try....fiddlehead ferns. They look so pretty and I picture them tasting like fresh green beans.

I just saw those on Food Network the other night in "Chopped". I had never thought of them before that.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I hate fish. And eggs. And cooked carrots. I'm a grown up, so I think that I shouldn't force myself to eat foods I've known I dislike for 37 years. Why would I eat foods that literally make me gag? There are SO many foods out there. Forcing yourself to eat something you dislike is ridiculous. I'm all for trying new things, but I don't think people should feel bad for not eating foods they don't like. And I LIKE iceberg lettuce. It's crunchy.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    OK, Accountant Boi, now you've done it! After following this thread, I started to feel like a stubborn mule for "hating" lime beans. Soooo.....the last time I was at the grocery store, I bought a bag of frozen mixed veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots (all of which I love) and cauliflower and...lima beans (both of which I don't).

You know what? It was pretty good! The cauliflower didn't taste AT ALL the way I remembered it - I actually kinda liked it. And the baby lima beans were tolerable. I can do this!

So thanks to you, AB, for inspiring me to add two more veggies to my arsenal! I will definitely be having both again.

Moral of the story: If you haven't had something in a number of years, try it again, You never know.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    OK, Accountant Boi, now you've done it! After following this thread, I started to feel like a stubborn mule for "hating" lime beans. Soooo.....the last time I was at the grocery store, I bought a bag of frozen mixed veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots (all of which I love) and cauliflower and...lima beans (both of which I don't).

You know what? It was pretty good! The cauliflower didn't taste AT ALL the way I remembered it - I actually kinda liked it. And the baby lima beans were tolerable. I can do this!

So thanks to you, AB, for inspiring me to add two more veggies to my arsenal! I will definitely be having both again.

Moral of the story: If you haven't had something in a number of years, try it again, You never know.

Awesome! Congrats for being willing to try these again. :smile: Glad you found that they don't taste so bad anymore!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ... well even sweet potatoes which I have 6 large ones now sitting on my counter (but I'm learning from friends on here how wonderful these are, just need to try them now). The things that come to mind with Sweet Potatoes is marshmallows from being young and that's how they were prepared. Sure we ate the marshmallows offa the top back then but I'd rather not put marshmallows on mine now. :laugh:

I just poke holes in my sweet potatoes with a fork, toss it in the microwave (same as a regular potato), cut into lengths, and eat, skin and all. But I tend to like my food naked like that. They are really sweet without the marshmallows.