• misterwah
    misterwah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How do you take your creatine?
    "Crisp!"
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    For someone who is on a diet and lifts, will it have any beneficial effects or is it better to wait till i get closer to goal before I start taking it?

Ive heard it holds onto more water than lifting and not taking it? BS or some truth?
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I see everyone talking about it in the powder form....are the pills not as good?

ETA - After a quick google search I think I found my answer. If nothing else the powder is way more affordable. Once I finish my bottle of pills this week I'll switch to powder & just add it to my post workout protein shake.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    For someone who is on a diet and lifts, will it have any beneficial effects or is it better to wait till i get closer to goal before I start taking it?

Ive heard it holds onto more water than lifting and not taking it? BS or some truth?

take it now.

BTW studies seem to say that 90% of people are responders so it isn't EVERYONE. Also, you should make sure you are well hydrated and if you have any lower back pains (kidney area) be careful.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Cut/bulk/maintain - it has the same benefits.

You will hold onto more water but it is in the muscle and not 'bloat'.

As Chris says, make sure you stay hydrated.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys. :bigsmile:

I've lowered my dose to 3 - 4 grams and started taking it daily, mixing it in with my protein shakes & yogurt. It actually gives the yogurt a really good texture, I'm liking it even more with the creatine mixed in!
  • Axioml
    Options
    Just started loading phase of 20 grams of creatine for 7 days. Then 5 grams daily until tub is empty.

44738914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Over here in UK The Protein Works do flavoured Creatine Berry Blitz or Green Apple spike both mix really well with like 100ml of water and taste divine.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mine is in a "pre-workout mix" which thankfully mostly water soluble (mostly) - thus I use a Blender Bottle shaker. Then chuge it as fast as I can (not the best taste :P )
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options

take it now.

BTW studies seem to say that 90% of people are responders so it isn't EVERYONE. Also, you should make sure you are well hydrated and if you have any lower back pains (kidney area) be careful.

Can you elaborate on your last statement about lower back pains?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I put mine in with my morning coffee.

10-12 oz of hot liquid + creatine = complete dissolution.

eta: I'm using the unflavored variety. If using a fruit flavored, I'll mix it in with a similarly flavored herbal tea.