Never too old! Nine months of hard work w/pics

Options
I knew I could do it ... I knew that it wouldn't be easy ... I knew it would take patience, consistency, and determination. It takes a lot to reverse the results eating too much, old joints, and gravity ... but I'm beginning to see a difference. My goal is to change the shape of my body. The weight is not a concern as it will disappear as a by product. This is my nine month progress on MFP. The first picture was taken a year ago. It was my catalyst. The other pictures were taken today ... my nine month MFP anniversay. I still have a good way to go ... still have layers of fat in my mid section ... but my butt is firm ... just need to have the same success with my tummy area. I began lifting heavy about six weeks ago ... that is when I turned a corner. LOVE ... LOVE ... LOVE lifting heavy. I get a lot of strange looks at the gym ... all my time is spent in the weight area ... just me and the boys. They walk away with a smile on their face though when they learn I'm 67!

2012September_zps59d994a2.jpg

2013Septembera_zps211e01de.jpg

2013Septemberb_zpse1dc4fa6.jpg

2013Septemberc_zps648e882f.jpg

2013Septemberd_zps0fe82aab.jpg

2013Septembere_zpsfed96347.jpg

Replies

• KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well ... they were right side up when I started!
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Awesome you go girl!!!!
  • krucks
    krucks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great. Congratulations to you - I just joined a gym this weekend and am wondering what your workout schedule looks like. Do you lift and do cardio every day? Just curious.
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    67?!!!!??? You look FABULOUS! I hope to look as good as you when I'm 67! What a wonderful transformation - you have worked hard and it shows. Makes me want to lift heavy! :-D

Keep it up hot mama!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow -- congratulations, your efforts are paying off!
  • CarolinaButterfly
    Options
    Wow! Awesome you look great!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    WOW!WOW!WOW! - - you do not look that age at all. your body looks fantastic.....very inspirational. i have an on-off again relationship with kettlebells (the only kind of lifting i've done so far in my journey), but i think this is going to inspire me to start doing it more regularly now.
  • CarolinaButterfly
    Options
    Great job on the 16lbs lost @sanjoparolas
  • mariahk35
    Options
    Wow, you really look amazing. I am at 3 months now, and you inspire me to keep going strong.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.Very inspiring!
  • jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look great! :drinker:

(and I love your tights and shoes in the first pic!)
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Your dedication and hard work is an inspiration !
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Your arms and butt are AMAY-ZINGGG! Congrats on great results !
  • bwallace2012
    bwallace2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    where's your butt??? definitely an inspiration! and your arms are fantastic!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm so happy to read that you're really enjoying lifting. I love it too, and yes indeed, it does a body good! :flowerforyou:
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You look awesome for any age!! Way to go!!
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! Great inspiration.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • saynotosugar
    saynotosugar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, especially for those of us over 60!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!