Can I eat Snickers even if it fits my calories?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You can, but chocolate isn't very filling and you're probably going to feel hungry and fatigued later on, leading to the eating of excess calories. I am a chocoholic and have learned to enjoy chocolate in a healthier manner!

I guess it is a good thing a snickers bar is more than just chocolate...
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. So yeah.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You can, but chocolate isn't very filling and you're probably going to feel hungry and fatigued later on, leading to the eating of excess calories. I am a chocoholic and have learned to enjoy chocolate in a healthier manner!

Does eaing chocolate in a healhier manner include consuming it while on a treadmil?

No, you have to wash it first, preferably in filtered spring water.
  • myfitnesspaller
    myfitnesspaller Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I guess it is a good thing a snickers bar is more than just chocolate...

+1
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    KInda Sugar turns to fat unless you burn it.So if your active you will probably be ok

Sugar does not turn to fat. It has to go under de novo lipogenesis for it to be converted to fat
  • saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's kinda funny cause I ate a Snickers today :)
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Now I want a Snickers and I can't have one...because there are none in the house :grumble:
  • myfitnesspaller
    myfitnesspaller Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanks for the answers.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1) If it fits in calories according to the basic rules it will make no difference in the long run

2) in the short term though, the sugar in it will spike your insulin -> this puts your body in fat storage mode, so if you don't use the cals from the snickers and anything else ate around that time up VERY quickly (weight+cardio, high intense and a lot of it) then its going to store the rest as fat. It may then later come to eat that fat if its needs it as you are skipping dinner to 'make up the cals' but it is much easier to store than lose.

So if you want one, do it before a big workout, or split it into 10 small pieces and eat it across the day.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    KInda Sugar turns to fat unless you burn it.So if your active you will probably be ok

Sugar does not turn to fat. It has to go under de novo lipogenesis for it to be converted to fat

and the liver is very good at lipogenesis and turning that sugar into a nice fat *kitten*.
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Can I have Butterfinger bars? I mean, really?! Somebody please send Butterfinger bars to me here in South Korea. I haven't seen one in 3 years!

PM me your address and I'll mail you a butterfinger bar. I mean, life's too short...